Any middle-aged loners out there?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viewpoint123

Reaction score
I recently joined the site and have begun to notice most of the responders are in their 20's. Any reader out there in their 40's? I'm 45. Would like to talk to others who are in their 40's and 50's who might have like minded concerns. For myself, I'm recently widowed, didn't keep up my friendships, have mother in law problems. I already have an established household but want to talk to others about how to repair some basic things. For now, I recently purchased a Kindle to keep me occupied but life seems to be getting shorter and shorter and harder to find quality people. Any thoughts?

Hi-
I'm 39. Is that middle-aged? lol
I'm sorry to hear that you're recently widowed. Do you have any children?
You've found a good site -
Welcome!

Teresa

I'm 52 so I guess that makes me one of the ancient ones.
Been a loner all my life.
People can be a pain in the ass, but I still want a few close ones in my life.

Older ppl should speak out moor on here.
Am 36 but feel 18 still lmao XD
honeysuckle how did 36 happen :( This not good. OK back to the thread lol

Well am back to the thread but Ive nothing moor to say :p
Its just good to tell you that there is other older ppl here.

Hi Viewpoint,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That's hard to deal with. I'm 42 and am ending a 20 year marriage. I've been here, sometimes on and off since last summer. There are a lot of young folks but many are very bright with sharp insights. I've found some truly priceless friends here. Enjoy your stay and feel free to pm me if you want. I'm a working artist and spend most of my days elbow deep in paint and thoughts...

I.m 44...yeah join this site after a long term break up. Then was in the middle of starting another relationship but she passed..so Im kind of like widower
Life changing thats for sure.

anyways..Im planing on living until Im 125...so Im relatively a young one :p
Like they said ur 40s r ur new 20s...and Im doing thats.... Alot smarter. alot wiser N more mature...So I aint tripping as hard as those newbies :p

I act childish sometimes..its by chioce though. Keeping young @ heart.
I just love it when the young ones lecture me about how imature i am.hahahaaa

Most people on here thinks Im a little teenage girl cuz of the way I write sometimes.. :p
Im a guy.

Its all good.
Welcome Btw.

Hi-
lol, Lonesome Crow is right, 40s is the new 20s. But I wouldn't want to go back 20 years; I feel better now than I ever have. I can't wait to see what my 40s are going to be like :)

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Hi-
lol, Lonesome Crow is right, 40s is the new 20s. But I wouldn't want to go back 20 years; I feel better now than I ever have. I can't wait to see what my 40s are going to be like :)

Teresa

I totally agree. I wish I didn't have to get older, but I would never change places with 20 year-old self. NEVER.

I am so much happier now. I used to have OCD and depression. I understand myself better.

Also, I'm kind of a late bloomer. I'm a low body fat person. When I was in my 20's, I had a 12% body fat (not by choice). However, after I hit thirty, I finally gained the weight that I longed for.

I'm doing well career-wise. I don't worry about money anymore.

Hello, viewpoint

I too am sorry for your loss.
Yea, there are many youngster here but they are insightful. You'll hear what you need to here, whom ever it comes from. I'm still lumped in with that group of young people that I don't relate to. I'm 31 but transitioning to single status and what comes with it and work.

That makes a load of sense to me, mary. :) Sounds awesome.

Sometimes I think to myself people are a pain in the ass but I've never said it out loud. Since I am alone, it is starting to dawn on me that perhaps I am one of the "pains in the ass". I expect alot out of a friend so I use to keep friends to a minimum in case they needed alot of support in return. I am so stupid. I should just keep it simple so friendship is not a big deal.

BUOY said:
Hello, viewpoint

I too am sorry for your loss.
Yea, there are many youngster here but they are insightful. You'll hear what you need to here, whom ever it comes from. I'm still lumped in with that group of young people that I don't relate to. I'm 31 but transitioning to single status and what comes with it and work.

Buoy - what a good reminder. I have a tendency to discount people I don't think I have things in common with. But you are right, the young people here are in the beginning of their careers and getting situated (something I don't ever want to go back to), but they ARE very insightful and also compassionate AND accepting. I think I am learning to be more accepting by joining this group. THANKS EVERYONE.

I'm 42 and my life is in a shambles.

The ex-BF says that it's all my fault, but he's full of honeysuckle. The decisions I made weren't foolish, but they were the best decisions I could have made with the knowledge I had at the time. Also, some of what has transpired is a direct result of the effects of OTHER people's actions. Still others are a result of the randomness of the universe.

I just happened to have been caught up in the vortex.

Wrong place, wrong time.

The one bright shining light is that I have two beautiful children whom I adore. All the rest of my life is pretty much for honeysuckle though.

Hi Viewpoint123!

I am an oldy, but hope considered a goody! LOL! I am a 53-year old female from NJ-USA. Feel free to Private Message me if you want to. :)

Hi Viewpoint...

I'm middle-aged. I think our issues vary from the younger crowd for obvious reasons...

Feel free to start a topic.

:)

tangerinedream said:
I'm 42 and my life is in a shambles.

The ex-BF says that it's all my fault, but he's full of honeysuckle. The decisions I made weren't foolish, but they were the best decisions I could have made with the knowledge I had at the time. Also, some of what has transpired is a direct result of the effects of OTHER people's actions. Still others are a result of the randomness of the universe.

I just happened to have been caught up in the vortex.

Wrong place, wrong time.

The one bright shining light is that I have two beautiful children whom I adore. All the rest of my life is pretty much for honeysuckle though.

I keep telling myself winter time is always difficult - dark, cold and gloomy. Hang in there Tangerine. If many course of events can cause problems, there are also many in a row that could solve the problems. I'm waiting for that wave to come in and you wait too! Also, if you made the best decision at the time, accept it. If you learn something on looking back, then pocket that knowledge for the next time. I've been trying to do that, but I think my pockets have holes in them because I keep forgetting lessons I've learned and falling into holes I should be able to avoid by now.

One reason I think I'm lonely is the few times I open up and talk to someone, they go off and discuss my life freely with their friends and I feel objectified. Oh well, I am rambling.

I'm over 40. I feel very bad talking to young people, because I'm afraid to talk to minors by accident. I'd love to make adult friends. I'm very lonely. I can discuss any subject you want.

Latest posts

Back