Any Runners Out There?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlossomedInShadows

Reaction score
Hi everyone! As I've mentioned in other posts, one of my favorite things to do in my spare time is running, preferably outdoors or on a track. Mostly distance running, although I've done a few speed runs as well. My current record is 5.5 miles, and I'm trying to work my way up to a 10K.

Is anyone here into running also? If you are, I'm curious to hear about your experiences, and any tips you've found helpful for building speed and endurance.

I love running. I dont time myself of track distance but its a great feeling getting outside and running till you cant breath. Kind of helpful in clearing the mind and wearing yourself out. I dont sprint at all but do long distance running/jogging just for fun and therapeutic purposes ;-)

Poguesy said:
When you gets older your joints will be messed ;)

Haaaa, hopefully not. XD Both my parents run as well, and they're both over 50 years old. :p

nelloy said:
I love running. I dont time myself of track distance but its a great feeling getting outside and running till you cant breath. Kind of helpful in clearing the mind and wearing yourself out. I dont sprint at all but do long distance running/jogging just for fun and therapeutic purposes ;-)

Nice! I agree, it's definitely good for clearing your mind and coping with stress. What's the farthest you've run?

I'm not a runner, because I have very low cartlidge in my knees. I have to use an elliptical so as to no be so abusive to the old joints. But, I wish I could take nice jogs outdoors. I love taking walks in the evening. Something great about the fresh air. I envy you being able to always exercise out in nature! :)

But my tip on exercising in general (a big one that works for me) is having certain music that I can only listen to while I exercise. It's like the toys you only got to play with at your grandparents house. I put some of my favorite tracks on there and only get out that playlist to work out.

Before needing reconstruction surgery on all three ligaments on my knee after blowing it out twice in eighty-six and eight-nine, I use to run ten miles in the morning and ten miles at night before going to bed. I feel for you because it gets worse as you get older and the pain from it suxs.

Shipster0958 said:
I'm not a runner, because I have very low cartlidge in my knees. I have to use an elliptical so as to no be so abusive to the old joints. But, I wish I could take nice jogs outdoors. I love taking walks in the evening. Something great about the fresh air. I envy you being able to always exercise out in nature! :)

But my tip on exercising in general (a big one that works for me) is having certain music that I can only listen to while I exercise. It's like the toys you only got to play with at your grandparents house. I put some of my favorite tracks on there and only get out that playlist to work out.

Latest posts

Back