Anyone else have no friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no friends at the moment either. I've seldom had any friends throughout my life and the ones that I've had haven't been very close ones. Even on the Internet, I find it hard to establish a friendship. So I've absolutely nobody with whom to do things. I lead a very unhappy life and only wish that I could die.

I only have one true friend and I usually visit her during the summer time. She's my best friend and I known her ever since I was eight years old. Besides that I have online friends who I usually hear from but that's about it. You could also look in you're area and try looking for clubs to join. Maybe they have them in you're area that you could join or belong too. =)

Hmm, I have a couple friends. But at the same time, I find myself feeling lonely and depressed a whole lot. Maybe it's because sometimes they make plans without me, or they hang out with other friends they have... among other reasons but it's a long story.

Well technickly I do have friends but Ive lost contact two of them. Not that I had many friends ti begin with thanks to my social anxiety. I never managed to make relationships because of that. Even with my friend that is in the army that Ive known for a long time. I never dared to get ckose ti him as I now want or wanred to di ib the past.

Realist said:
Well technickly I do have friends but Ive lost contact two of them. Not that I had many friends ti begin with thanks to my social anxiety. I never managed to make relationships because of that. Even with my friend that is in the army that Ive known for a long time. I never dared to get ckose ti him as I now want or wanred to di ib the past.
Yeah it sucks when a friend youre close with doesnt invite you to hang out with his other friends. I think its disrespectful to do that. It makes you feel like your his friend for x reason or back up plan not that it makes the truth but I wouldnt do that but I have in rhe past with my longtime friend.

Most of my friends live far away or are too busy anymore. The friend I do have I'm pretty sure hangs out with me out of pity and as a last resort. He won't even usually make plans with me anymore becausE he likes to see what else is going on first.

And I have a hard time making friends so it's frustrating.

There's two I consider close friends. One recently moved across the globe, the other lives elsewhere in the country. I've made others over the years but gradually lose contact.

I know how you feel. I am eighteen years old with my whole life ahead of me and I have no friends or family except my father. I don't get invited out or even spoken to anymore and I feel so alone its killing me. I try to make friends but I think I must come across to desperate as I never seem to end up with any.. I am not a horrible person but no one talks to me.. Its got to the point where I hate going to the shop because I hate seeing groups of people my age having fun.. Why can't it just happen for me!? Don't lose hope because if you do, I don't know what lays ahead for me.. 18 and i don't remember the last time I went out with friends or even had a friend..

Hi, I'm twenty and I feel lonely in holidays because no one invite me to do something or when I ask to they always have plans. I have a friend which just invite me when she needs a ride to go out I think, because when she has other people she never asks. During college time I don't think much about friends because I keep myself busy during the week, on the weekend I would like to have some company sometimes. At the time I don't leave with my family but they always come to visit me in the weekend but they never care about what I say or if I ask something about them they just bug me off :/ I think they like me because they give me everything a I want, but they are always hurting me. Even in New Year's Eve e had to stay home studying for my exams and my mom now doesn't talk to me because I didn't want to go somewhere with her to celebrate. It's not fair, I'm struggling with my exams and she didn't care if my brother went out with is friends (he is younger). When I was younger I had a bad time making friends because the ones my mom want me to play with used do ignore me or hurt me physiologically. Now I keep my distance from my new colleagues in university because I don't want to get hurt, but I let some girl to be my friend and this semester she "stabbed" me...
Sorry for this long text, just needed to get it out. I just don't understand why I feel so miserable if I have a home, food, family and health and other people can't pay for food for example. That makes me feel like a bad person :/

^ I'm so sorry to hear all that RFPP, your post sounds so down. :( *hugs*

RFPP said:
Sorry for this long text, just needed to get it out. I just don't understand why I feel so miserable if I have a home, food, family and health and other people can't pay for food for example. That makes me feel like a bad person :/

No it doesn't make you a bad person. You're feeling that way because of how your family and friends badly mistreat you - it's not your fault. I do think that spending less time with them is best if they don't give a **** about your wants, needs and feelings. :S

I have two people I suppose I would consider friends. 1 never directly talks with me one on one because of something that happened between us 10 years ago. The other is someone I have known since I was 10 who is a sex maniac and always tries to tell me about what he has been doing with different women, but never asks me about how I am doing or what I am going through. These two I see about 2 or 3 times a year so I am pretty much alone. I have no brothers or sisters I talk with.

pandas123 said:
Hmm, I have a couple friends. But at the same time, I find myself feeling lonely and depressed a whole lot. Maybe it's because sometimes they make plans without me, or they hang out with other friends they have... among other reasons but it's a long story.

I feel the same. I don't even have someone I can call my 'one true friend'. Most of the friends I have are just people I can hangout with on good times. No one seems to bother ask where I am when am not around.

I think I can safely say I have no friends.. I have family, and I have other people such as co-workers who I do not interact with outside work, but no friends..

I have one who I see twice yearly other than that have no-one to spend time with other than when my sister is home.That is the hardest part for me at momemt the loneliness is crippling.

roflbot.jpg

roflbot.jpg

I_suffer said:
When I hear people lament that they "don't have many good friends" it cracks me up because I have no friends. I go to no social events, I have no visitors, I don't "hang out" with anyone, no one ever calls nor do I call anyone. I occasionally meet my wife (who I'm separated from) for dinner. Other than that, I am always alone. I never have fun. The whole thing is pointless and painful. It's not that I want to be lonely. It's just that I am unable to have friends. I tried to, unsuccessfully, for many years before being forced to accept the reality that no one I'd want to be friends with would ever want to be friends with me. This happened over and over until I could no longer bear it. As painful and hellish as it is to be desperately lonely all the time, it is even more painful to hope and to try, only to end up the object of contempt and rejection. So I stopped trying.

That sounds like me as well. I'm certain it has to do with my repugnant facial distortion, as people tend to have nothing to offer me but shock and disgust, yet even online, where my appearance should not matter, I still cannot manage to understand how people can develop or maintain friendships. It's odd. As I'm now towards my mid-30's I think that maybe a lifetime of universal rejection has ruined my social abilities in general. Though even as a child I could never figure out how people could socialize and have friends and be functional and such! :)

It's particularly frustrating as I'm extrovertical by nature--very bubbly and happy and giggly and fun and silly and and and yeah, I kick all kinds of ass in the 'fun to be with' division. But what good is that if I only have myself to bubble over with? That actually works against me in my face-to-face socialization, as when I emote my mangled face distorts into poses that are significantly worse than my clam facial expression.

Hey, same here. 45yo Guy. No friends, no family. I am alone.
the phone doesn't ring, except for telemarketing calls, I quickly tell them not interested!
I sometimes get onto phone chat lines, just to hear another human voice, no realistic expectations that I can meet someone briefly.
I look forward to work, my only saving grace, busy days, people to talk to, but that's where it ends!
My weekends are monotonous, & there's only so many movies a person can watch!
I did have a 5 year relationship that ended August last year, 2 days after my birthday! That was fun! Not unexpected, still hurt though.
I miss human contact, forgotten what social interaction is
Have made 1 friend from the EP site, communicate by email, she's in the same place
You're not alone being alone

plstn said:
I sometimes get onto phone chat lines, just to hear another human voice, no realistic expectations that I can meet someone briefly.
Huh? That's a thing?

Im also single and lonley and sometimes i see my "x" for dinner just like you..but i like my lonleyness..i have all the time in the world for my self..also im a gamer, so 10 - 20 H can easy pass away inside the game world if you are in to mmorpg games.

I dont think we can change the facts that we are gona to be lonely..if everone had friends there would be no one to be lonely and that would create chaos somewere in time and space :)

So just sit back and enjoy ur interest on full time
find some movies or series to kill time..

but thats just my advice and i tryed getting friends...that eventualy left me or dissapered or changed in to someone that found them self better then me

Latest posts

Back