Anyone else have no friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
^ I'm so sorry to hear all that RFPP, your post sounds so down. :( *hugs*

RFPP said:
Sorry for this long text, just needed to get it out. I just don't understand why I feel so miserable if I have a home, food, family and health and other people can't pay for food for example. That makes me feel like a bad person :/

No it doesn't make you a bad person. You're feeling that way because of how your family and friends badly mistreat you - it's not your fault. I do think that spending less time with them is best if they don't give a **** about your wants, needs and feelings. :S

Thank's for your support :) I'm trying just to think about the good stuff in my life, because bad thoughts makes me feel sadder.

I don't have any friends either. Anyone wants to be my friend?

Yeah I have never had any friends. I live in a small redneck town in a small state, Vermont. I just talk to myself though. I hate my life. At least I have loving family though. I love that! But beyond that there's nothing. No friends, none at all. ):

WildernessWildChild said:
I've gots Me, Myself, n' I....gets pretty busy sometimes.

I like my company too, maybe a little too much, which makes it hard for me to put the effort into making friends. I've been pondering my situation and I've come to believe that I would prefer a partner over serval friends. I consider that a normal preference since the relationship with a partner can be considerably more indepth and meaningful them with a friend.

I have no friends either. I feel like there's a couple problems as to why it's so hard to make friends:

You can to go "public places", but what are those? A coffee cafe? Cool, I visit one, and, well, who really just randomly walks up to a stranger and starts talking? That's why I can't make friends, everyone just acts like it's super easy and totally common to randomly talk to people but that's not the case at all. You have no reason to talk to them, they are likely just feeling uncomfortable by a stranger talking, and there's about a 100% chance that smalltalk like that just doesn't get you to meet new people.

I mean, I'm only 15, and even at a school where I see the same people every day I run into this problem. My parents tell me to "Just got sit next to someone at lunch" like that's a simple something. No, I don't have anything to say to them, nor do they care to hear it.

Keane said:
That's why I can't make friends, everyone just acts like it's super easy and totally common to randomly talk to people but that's not the case at all. You have no reason to talk to them, they are likely just feeling uncomfortable by a stranger talking, and there's about a 100% chance that smalltalk like that just doesn't get you to meet new people.

So I have decided that the way to make friends -- good friends -- is hard. It involves you having to talk to strangers in a way that isn't weird and also, enough of a connection where you can test their character. A good way to make friends is work. Often the shared stress of a situation can bond people together. So I actually recommend that if you don't have a job you get one only for the shared friendships.

People say "volunteer" but since there are no stakes in volunteering... it can be pointless. People are flaky and since they know they can walk at anything they have no incentive to try with you.

College and classes can be a shared pressure way of bonding with people... but too often... I find that adult classes suffer from the same problem as volunteering.. since you can leave at any time, you have no incentive to work at being friends. I took a diet class last year and every single week, we came, we sat in our chairs and we didn't talk to each other... what a wasted opportunity. It seemed like the instructor didn't want us to be friends because then we would talk and realize how much bull she was spewing... but still such a waste.

People say, don't you have interests.. of course, I joined a meetup ... about real estate investing... everyone else already had their little cliques and they weren't too inviting. I suppose I should have stuck it out but I felt stupid alone at the breaks.

I have 1 that I see every now and then. Known each other since 5th grade maybe. Other than that, I haven't been in contact with past friends in years, and new friends just seem to leave at some point.

I like the idea of making a club where only people with no friends are allowed membership.

I have no real local friends, just a few peeps I write to a little and one proper distant friend. Whenever I write in threads like this in various forums, I try to make friends from there, as surely everyone who write in them wants new friends, right? WRONG! One time in a million someone actually responds, so I feel like I must be the only one who really wants to change the way my life is. Either that or nobody likes me of course. It's the same with singles sections of forums like this. Hundreds of people write to them but does anyone write to anyone else? No!

Zackarydoo said:
I have no real local friends, just a few peeps I write to a little and one proper distant friend. Whenever I write in threads like this in various forums, I try to make friends from there, as surely everyone who write in them wants new friends, right? WRONG! One time in a million someone actually responds, so I feel like I must be the only one who really wants to change the way my life is. Either that or nobody likes me of course. It's the same with singles sections of forums like this. Hundreds of people write to them but does anyone write to anyone else? No!

Penpalhood sounds like fun. Any excuse for me to use handwritten communication (I love to write)... :)

Somebody once told me never to live my life based on someone else's standards... I've been happy being alone... I'm in my early 40s & sure I do have few friends... But I do spend awful lotta time by myself... One of the family actually tried to get me to see a doctor about it... I don't know I guess it's more about everyone's personality... Hope it works out, whatever you're looking for in life...

If I have more than 1 friend, I'm lucky. Two is unusual. Three very rare and I've only recently broken with four (forced back to three, which I did anticipate).

I've broaded my definition of friend to include friendly people, but I feel conversation should be a main part.

I've had no more than 3 friends my entire life, but now I have none. That's why I joined this site, to make friends. I'm not very good at it however.

I_suffer said:
When I hear people lament that they "don't have many good friends" it cracks me up because I have no friends. I go to no social events, I have no visitors, I don't "hang out" with anyone, no one ever calls nor do I call anyone. I occasionally meet my wife (who I'm separated from) for dinner. Other than that, I am always alone. I never have fun. The whole thing is pointless and painful. It's not that I want to be lonely. It's just that I am unable to have friends. I tried to, unsuccessfully, for many years before being forced to accept the reality that no one I'd want to be friends with would ever want to be friends with me. This happened over and over until I could no longer bear it. As painful and hellish as it is to be desperately lonely all the time, it is even more painful to hope and to try, only to end up the object of contempt and rejection. So I stopped trying.

Its not only painful for you to feel this way, but its painful for others to be around these feelings you have.

you are a good person that needs an outlet for the goodness inside. whats that saying? control over others is power. control over yourself is freedom?

I have lots of fun, but almost no one wants to share it with me - perhaps my idea of fun is misunderstood? Also, sometimes I get depressed, and have no fun anymore either.
Mmm, from the outside I have lots of friends, until I actually need to talk with someone about personal things.

Latest posts

Back