Anyone planning on getting plastic surgery?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

Or has had plastic surgery already?

My work contract is up in May - once I confirm if it will be renewed, I am going to start going to consultations and plan for surgery.

I'm really hoping to have it done A.S.A.P.

I will probably be still stuck in my little cage of loneliness, but at least I won't find myself so hard to look at...should it go well.
Should it not...I likely will go ballistic, but I feel it's worth the risk either way.
At least I try.

Nope. Plastic surgery doesn't last, it costs too much, it's only aesthetic (so you'll still feel the same inside, most likely), it doesn't always work out right (looks fake), and it's the easy way out.

I think it's infinitely more productive and fulfilling to work on self-image from the inside, rather than try to sugar-coat the outside.

...but that's just my 2 coppers.

----Steve

I wouldn't ever get a plastic surgery, because I'm (somewhat? LOL) happy with how I look, but to be honest, it's justifiable in some cases. It's hard to explain, but some people DON'T look like their personality at all, and it's really damaging to one's life. For example, I knew someone who's face looked really REALLY sad all the time but it was just her face. Another dude looked in a bad mood even when he was cheerful.

Now, those are some bad cases, but I'm just saying, there's nothing wrong with making your face looks like who you feel you are.

And I mean, if I'm not fit, I can work out, if I'm not knowledgeable on something, I can read on the subject, etc. And I doubt many of you would look down on people who use make-up. But ultimately, my face is something I can't improve by myself, ever.

Anyways, it's still a drastic, kind of extreme solution, and should be considered with much thought. Or else, it could be heavily regretted afterwards.

I know this wasn't the point of the topic, but I'm just contrasting my opinion with BJD's :p

Nitramici said:
And I doubt many of you would look down on people who use make-up.

Lol I passionately hate make-up. I don't think that women should use it. It ruins the skin and makes 'em look like whores, IMHO...and it perpetuates the myth that women aren't beautiful without it, which to me seems like an insidious cancer permeating our society. Lol just thought I'd speak up. :p

----Steve

I kinda guessed you'd say that, I didn't doubt your coherence. :p That's why I said "many of you".
I don't especially like it if it's too noticeable, but I don't care either way, really.

On a societal level, I do agree with you that it could be harmful (I mean, men aren't expected to have make-up, hah, but women often feel like they have to). But on a personal level, if the person feels better with it, there's no harm, and I don't think any less of her.

But really, how far would we then push it? You could also crusade for people to wear grocery bags instead of having their own clothing style.

Or I might be just too tired and am not making sense anymore, hah.

(personally, I'd dig the grocery bag fashion wave.)

I don't plan on it because however I was created is what I feel like I was meant to be. Even if I feel like I was created ugly(which I feel like I am most of the time), I don't think I would want to get surgery because it just wouldn't be me.

I've had 20 plastic reconstructive surgeries in my childhood.

It's enough to last me a life-time.

I am stable medically & that's all that matters to me. If i wasnt stable, i'd go under the knife again.

man made things often need multiple visits. its like cars need gas and repairs, food needs dentist and doctors because of the sugars, etc. it just seems to be how society and life survives. if you do plastic surgery, i doubt itll be a few visits. there are lots of visits. and i just dont want to be dependent on a doctor. maybe after several visits itll last, but what if it doesnt... i dont want to have to keep going back.

Remedy said:
I don't plan on it because however I was created is what I feel like I was meant to be. Even if I feel like I was created ugly(which I feel like I am most of the time), I don't think I would want to get surgery because it just wouldn't be me.

That's an awesome attitude, man...and I agree 100% with what you're saying.

And you're not ugly. :)

----Steve

Ekstra said:
I think I've seen a picture of you luna, and I'm absolutely certain you don't need it.

I don't think many here really need it. Pity she can't see herself through your eyes.

I am. I think that sometimes, in order to feel better about yourself on the inside, it's OK to want to look good on the outside. But I'm not doing it for anyone else. Every has said don't, but I would like to do it for myself. I guess after it's done, and I don't feel differently, then I will know it was a mistake, but it is a mistake I have to make. I can't stand "what if's."

i may have to have "penis reduction" surgery. does that count? the custom-made underwear are getting too expensive.

I'm planning to get it eventually. I lost a lot of weight and am still in the process of losing weight, and have excess skin, which looks gross. I also want a breast reduction at some point, if losing weight doesn't make them smaller.

I may eventually get a nip and a tuck here or there to compensate for the ravages of multiple pregnancies - that is if a battery of stomach crunches and chest presses can do nothing, but as for my face, I'm ok with it.

The thought of injecting the botulinum toxin into my facial muscles horrifies me, as does the face lift procedure. Has no one ever seen those surgery shows on TLC? Oh Em Gee. If my face sags and gets wrinkly, so be it.

Ekstra said:
I think I've seen a picture of you luna, and I'm absolutely certain you don't need it.

I find it ironic that so many women are so hard on themselves when it comes to beauty. It's not as important to the men who care, it's never enough for the men who will hurt you, and the third type of man will screw you regardless.

Me? No, I can't see myself having plastic surgery done unless I were a secret agent or something.

Despair said:
I find it ironic that so many women are so hard on themselves when it comes to beauty.

The problem is that many women feel as if we have to hold ourselves up to a very narrow standard of beauty which is just not attainable for many of us.

I think that there is real natural beauty in many forms, not just one standard: big lips, Western eyes, narrow nose, oval face etc. It would be nice if more people embraced that idea.

Well, women here are lonely. We live in a society where we are taught from infancy that if you wish to be popular and loved, you must be beautiful. If you are neither of those things, you must not be hot enough.

Despair said:
Me? No, I can't see myself having plastic surgery done unless I were a secret agent or something.

OOOOooohhhhh fantasy time! I would totally do that!

Government dude in a suit: "Steve, our government needs you. You are the only one who can save us....but some sacrifice is required. We know how hard it will be to part with your beauteously ravishing looks, but this is for COUNTRY, MAN....You must assume a new identity to complete the mission...Will you do it?"

Me: "I will, sir...and I thank God for the opportunity to sacrifice my amazing face for the Good of All Free Americans..." :D LOL

Yup, I'd do it.

----Steve

Latest posts

Back