Anyone ever get depressed after getting the exact result you wanted?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would see it different to you. She should not need to be told what to do as if she is a stupid child.
She is an adult and makes her own decisions. Otherwise there is something wrong with her that she needs someone to make those decisions for her. When people advise loved ones they are usually biased. They say don't move etc for their own needs, because they dont want them moving away, rather than because it is best for the other person. I would not want a partner who needs me to make all of their decisions for them. I was with a guy like that - he was useless at decisions, forever making mistakes, always needed me to bail him out or help him out. He was an adult baby, an baby in an adults body, I didnt want to be his mum, teacher, mentor and therapist so I got rid of him.

I would see it different to you. She should not need to be told what to do as if she is a stupid child.
I didn't so much "tell her what to do" (like giving an order), but rather gave her prudent advice.
- $20K student loan for in state tuition at a public university vs over $50K loan at private one
- stay with parents and pay no rent vs move out of state & pay over $1000/month
Advice she chose not to take.
In fact, had she taken my advice, with the money I was giving her on a weekly basis, she would not have even needed the loan.

She is an adult and makes her own decisions.
Yes I agree. And now she is stuck with a huge loan to pay off, got thrown out of nursing school and will most likely never become a nurse, and had to move to an apartment with two other girls (strangers) that needed a roommate.

he was useless at decisions, forever making mistakes, always needed me to bail him out or help him out. He was an adult baby, an baby in an adults body, I didnt want to be his mum, teacher, mentor and therapist so I got rid of him.
Smart move. You're free of that burden like I am now free of mine. You took the direct path, and I have to remember to do that if I find myself in a similar situation in the future.

Smart move. You're free of that burden like I am now free of mine. You took the direct path, and I have to remember to do that if I find myself in a similar situation in the future.

I'll keep listening to this to remind myself...

Has happened in the past. Though I try to not dwell on the past too much. It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...

I didn't so much "tell her what to do" (like giving an order), but rather gave her prudent advice.
- $20K student loan for in state tuition at a public university vs over $50K loan at private one
- stay with parents and pay no rent vs move out of state & pay over $1000/month
Advice she chose not to take.
In fact, had she taken my advice, with the money I was giving her on a weekly basis, she would not have even needed the loan.

Yes I agree. And now she is stuck with a huge loan to pay off, got thrown out of nursing school and will most likely never become a nurse, and had to move to an apartment with two other girls (strangers) that needed a roommate.

Good for you and good luck with it. I met lots of guys after this guy I divorced. All gold diggers, bums, losers etc where I would have been in same boat as before. Better off single. My ex husband is now living in a rusty tiny cold caravan. Ive got 5 properties I own outright and a lot of investments, so of course lots of guys would love regular sex and half of that too.

Last edited:
Good for you and good luck with it. I met lots of guys after this guy I divorced. All gold diggers, bums, losers etc where I would have been in same boat as before. Better off single. My ex husband is now living in a rusty tiny cold caravan. Ive got 5 properties I own outright and a lot of investments, so of course lots of guys would love regular sex and half of that too.
Wow you're like my mother financial-wise !

As per the subject-title of this thread, I guess I too can be depressed when things end and it's what I wanted... I wanted to finish a big project I had with a friend of mine, so I could finally sleep at night, and can you guess what happened ?
I was sad the project was over. I could sleep, but my busy mind was nowhere near ready to sleep...
it felt so empty, and I stopped seeing the friend I had the project with, so I felt lonely... (she's currently busy elsewhere and so can't meet for now)

perhaps it's the fear of this emptiness that makes it so I usually don't finish most projects ?
I want to stop my job, but will I regret it ?
no idea, it depresses me everyday but I need to continue to at least finish it (in 2 years from now...)

It would be easier if I had someone to talk to about it, but alas... I want to take anti-depressant but I have the suspicion that my country doesn't allow people to drive while taking (certain ?) antidepressant :/

oh, and also, funny thing, suffering from depression/seeing psychologists/taking anti-depressant can dismiss you from being admitted back to university after you've failed university.

I guess loser should stay loser in their eyes ?

I'm rambling random things. I'm at work and exhausted, I can barely keep my eyes open. I hate it how my mental health is down

Latest posts

Back