Anything specific that turns you on or off in a potential partner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I generally agree.

But that word "interesting" gets thrown around a lot - it's kind of vague and means different things to different people.

What does "interesting" mean to you?
Of course, but I find it hard to define.
You can feel if someone thinks about themselves that they are interesting.

Turn ons
  • someone who can see things like the beach and still be amazed by it no matter how many times they see it.
  • someone with a wide variety of interests in food, music, movies, fun
  • someone who is always trying to improve themselves
  • someone who is always interested in learning new things
  • someone who appreciates nice things but isnt interested in 'keeping up with the Jones'
  • a genuinely kind person who considers the thoughts and feelings of others

Turn offs
  • someone who loves to flirt or be extra friendly to the opposite sex just to get their attention and admiration with no real interest in a meaningful relationship with them
  • someone who makes fun of or bullies people/groups who they find lesser then them
  • someone who is a 'social climber'
  • someone whose temper goes from 0-100 real quick.

Turn offs:

- meanness, lack of compassion, coldness, haughtiness, self-righteousness, inability or refusal to see outside one's own experiences
- need for dominance (in men, and in the world) and hierarchical thinking, instead of agreeability -
thinking that we HAVE to have dominance and hierarchies, instead of being able to just live our lives and evolve beyond constant competition and power struggles

Turn ons:

- imagination/creativity
- sincerity and sweetness
- wholesomeness
- round features and soft, squishy, cuddly curves

Last edited:
Size difference. A woman with the hourglass figure, but outweighs me considerably. Sometimes I just really want to be smothered in curves. Something about the size difference, with me being a lot smaller, is very exciting to me. I've always wondered why I am like this. It's not that I want to stop or anything, I'm just curious because it is outside society's "norms".

I've also noticed that I've gone from simply always liking chubbier women, to liking increasingly bigger women. I think it's more like, maybe I never considered the possibility before, never asked myself the question, and it turns out my "range" is more than I thought. I'm more honest with myself than I used to be about it. They're not my only type, but definitely one of my types.

Aside from that, I like sincerity, sweetness, wholesomeness. It's endearing, and makes me feel comfortable around a person. I like someone with a heart.

Turn offs, would obviously be emotionally cold/hierarchical people, etc. - the people I've never gotten along with in the first place.

D'oh I saw I already answered this... 😵‍💫

Last edited:
On:
under 30
under 5'5"
under 110 lbs
narrow hips
small b00bs
skinny legs
quiet
deferential
very traditionally feminine

Off:
The opposite of above

I'm just curious because it is outside society's "norms".
Given that obesity is now considered a pandemic, I'm not so sure that's true anymore. And besides, even those that get skinny women, those women usually fill out more after they have kids or get older or whatever.

But, at the end of the day, I'll say what I always say....fresia society. Who cares what society says. It doesn't matter and honestly, it's not an accurate descriptor of people anyway.

Given that obesity is now considered a pandemic, I'm not so sure that's true anymore. And besides, even those that get skinny women, those women usually fill out more after they have kids or get older or whatever.

But, at the end of the day, I'll say what I always say....fresia society. Who cares what society says. It doesn't matter and honestly, it's not an accurate descriptor of people anyway.

Yeah that's true. At the end of the day I'm wired how I am, and that's it. An explanation won't change it.
Besides, a lot of that stuff that society says has turned out to just be marketing.

The only thing I wouldn't do is encourage someone be unhealthy just to look a certain way, though.

Latest posts

Back