Available to chat...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean-vic

Reaction score
Hello, all.

I've tried this a few times. It rarely works, but never give in.

So, I'm looking for someone to chat with via PM or e-mail. Preferably female. I find discussion with men in a setting like this to be awkward at best. That, and I have always got on better with women. So, if you are a woman - or young lady - and would like a friendly chat with a British gentleman - ;) - please feel free to message me.

Additionally, if you are a fellow member of chap society, you are also welcome to message me. I won't turn anyone away.

Thanks

jean-vic said:
I find discussion with men in a setting like this to be awkward at best.

Why is emailing other men awkward? Unless one of you is gay/bi, I'd think it should be quite comfortable most of the time because there wouldn't be any romantic/sexual tension. I'm very curious, do you have any nightmare stories to tell about messaging with men?

He doesn't want to talk with boys 'cause he's after ***.

Pretty obvious.

~ mod edit: no need for remarks like that

murmi97 said:
jean-vic said:
I find discussion with men in a setting like this to be awkward at best.

Why is emailing other men awkward? Unless one of you is gay/bi, I'd think it should be quite comfortable most of the time because there wouldn't be any romantic/sexual tension. I'm very curious, do you have any nightmare stories to tell about messaging with men?

No, I have just always found conversation with men to be hollow. Where I'm from, men don't talk. Men make fun of each other. We show affection through banter. We don't have serious chats unless a friend is in dire straits or we have a drink in hand. That's all well and good and it isn't a criticism, but it isn't something I need online. I have enough male friends to abuse and be abused by. I would like conversation. Women are bigger talkers, I find. They are more open. In a setting like this, and without the social stigma of reality, it would be nice to just have a pleasant conversation. It's friendly and it's harmless. Anyone who wants to partake in that, wonderful. Anyone who doesn't, fair enough.

And, yes, it is about sex, because I wholly intend to lure some poor, unsuspecting female back to my virtual cave and describe in exquisite detail what virtual me is doing to virtual her in text form. Seriously, you can have conversations with women without a smutty undercurrent. It's called being a well adjusted, decent member of society rather than a sexual deviant.

Just saying...

jean-vic said:
And, yes, it is about sex, because I wholly intend to lure some poor, unsuspecting female back to my virtual cave and describe in exquisite detail what virtual me is doing to virtual her in text form. Seriously, you can have conversations with women without a smutty undercurrent. It's called being a well adjusted, decent member of society rather than a sexual deviant.

Just saying...

I love that. ^ So sapiosexually attracted to you right now.

murmi97 said:
jean-vic said:

Just saying...

I love that. ^ So sapiosexually attracted to you right now.

You flatter me... :)

I agree with Vic. Men can't carry on a conversation without a glass in hand and it kind of is awkward chatting with a guy.

I'm the opposite. :D I'm pretty horrible at talking to girls, even though I am one. ****, I'm pathetic.
Umm yeah. Not sure if I'm supposed to PM you or what, but I'm always free for a chat. So that's a thing.

Poguesy said:
He doesn't want to talk with boys 'cause he's after ***.

Pretty obvious.

~ mod edit: no need for remarks like that

Why do guys always need to complicate things, I'm curious. If he does not want to chat to men, it's his business. I dont see what is wrong with that.

:D

Clark Baxter said:
I agree with Vic. Men can't carry on a conversation without a glass in hand and it kind of is awkward chatting with a guy.

That's kinda true. 2 persons chatting does have that 'dating' feel to it, so I'm inclined to agree.

I suspect that what's going on behind the scenes anyway. Guys PM girls, and the other way around.

That said, I think the best is to go at it with an open mind. I had many cool conversations with other guys. You just need some common interests to get started, whereas common interests aren't equally important when you chit-chat with a girl and just want to enjoy her company.

Oldyoung said:
That's kinda true. 2 persons chatting does have that 'dating' feel to it, so I'm inclined to agree.

I suspect that what's going on behind the scenes anyway. Guys PM girls, and the other way around.

Never been that way with my penpals. I don't have friends irl - I wouldn't risk the only connections I have by bringing romance into them.

UGLYDUCKLING said:
I find talking to animals easier than people...I just can't get alone with "people"

talkign to animals is easire, but they stay animals. you need to practice talking to people. it's hard at first, but you get used to them.

UGLYDUCKLING said:
I find talking to animals easier than people...I just can't get alone with "people"

I'm sure you can have small talk with your old school friends?

Latest posts

Back