Being a "kept" woman

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyD

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience with this type of experience,. I think I have always had a tendency to feel attracted to older more mature men, which over time has grown into being attracted to the 50's sort of style of life, Men going to work, Women at home, Men doing the garden, Women doing the kitchen, an allowance from your husband to buy pretty things to look your best for when he comes in,.. All those types of things, Ive even thought about relocating if needed be, how crazy is that?

What do you guys and girls think?

That's *sort* of how I live. I'm a stay at home mother while my husband goes out to work full-time. He does the gardening (mostly because I'm death to plants, no really I am) while I do all the housework. There's no allowance though since I do the finances so he just gives me all his wages (it's just simpler that way). It seems to be the only way we work. Partly because I'm of a traditional mind-set so once we had our daughter I felt I should be home and also because when I WAS working and he wasn't, he didn't do any housework so there was a lot of resentment on my part. I don't consider myself 'kept' though because I do the housework and childcare which means he can go out to work and concentrate solely on that so I contribute in my own way.

I think it can work if BOTH you and your partner want to live like that. Is that what you wanted to know?

I'm a "kept" woman also. Since before my husband and I got married, I haven't worked. He considers me taking care of the house, the food, the laundry, etc., a full time job. (I even now have a bi-weekly housekeeper, since I had health issues and I hate to clean the house.)

He does the "manly" chores - installs ceiling fans, does the major repairs to our decaying fence, etc.

When he gets a raise, I show him the computer generated pay stub so he knows what he's making. I manage all the money - but he makes a lot of the investing decisions.

We each get $100 a pay period for pocket money. But if I'm out and want to buy clothes, I buy them, since I know if our finances can manage it. If he wants to buy "extras", I put it in the budget and tell him the "money is there for you to spend".

I've worked 3 jobs at the same time, raised my daughter and ran the house. I've "earned" being a "kept" woman, even if I did all the previous sentence either single or with a different husband.

Here a "kept woman" has a different meaning. It is a mistress that has some or all of her living expenses paid by the person that she is having the affair with. Kept.

As far as being a stay at home spouse there is nothing wrong with that. It is a life style that some would have no interest in and economics seems to have made it much less common than it used to be, but it is still an available choice.

Jilted John said "Will you marry me?" and that gave me a laugh
'CAUSE HE BEAT ME TO IT!

Being a guy the idea of being "kept" is repulsive to me.
But I think that it's sad sad sad that during my grandparents
era a family could survive on just the Husband's salary,
and these days it's all two people can do to support themselves
in that same lifestyle WITH BOTH OF THEM IN THE WORKFORCE!

I want to also get in a plug for Grandma.
Even though she never earned a dime in her life,
being June Cleaver is no easy task.
The house was always spotless
The meals always cooked
Clothes mended etc...etc...etc...
And that sounds like a Hell of a lot of work to me.

alonewanderer said:
Oh, like a sugardaddy?

Not exactly, that has a more sexual motive/connotation behind it than the 50's era house-wife sort of deal.

I would never want a relationship like that. But that is because I don't see one person doing all the house work as either a full time job or something that should be one member of the relationship. I guess as long as you keep it behind closed doors I don't care.(that is a joke) Just like taking care of the children is not entirely the mothers responsibility. Also I don't think I would want someone who doesn't earn the money have the ability to do the budget. Considering they aren't the ones making it in the first place but that is just me.

wu57gp.jpg

I'm glad that this was about being a housewife, instead of a mistress. Life is more lonely for the latter. Nothing wrong with being a housewife, if that's what you like.

I love being "kept a woman". I never ever ever wear trousers or shorts or un-lady like shoes/clothing etc. around my boyfriend, no no no - he wears the trousers, not me. I worry about my nails and do cooking and stuff - he holds doors for me and pays for everything (well not really, I insist on paying for things but he likes to pay for it all), that kind of thing - we like our stereotypical roles with me as his lady in heels and seamed stockings and him as my manly man.

If that is how you like to live your life then that is completely fine. It is quite efficient. :p
I do think alot of the responsibility should be shared more like house work, babysitting and such in comparison to what it was like a few decades ago but it really does just depend on what you agree on in the relationship, what jobs either person has and such. It really does depend on the situation and lifestyle.

Latest posts

Back