Being bullied

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mimi38 said:
i was bullied and almost killed when i was in 5th grade,,,so i know how that is
You almost got killed from being bullied?? That was terrible..
I'm glad you got through that :)

hehe ok i guess i wasn't specific enough,,what happend is,,like bluey i had a curve in my spine its called scoliosis well i had a corset a thing to try to make it better,,,,(they usually try that before operating just in case it could help) well i whore it for 2 years and people would laugh at me then push me down the stares,,,my mom told the principal and he said to keep me home cause i was to much of a hassel and they couldn't keep everyone from hurting me, well one time the last time they pushed me down my corset almost strangled me,,i was 2 weeks in the hospital cause i almost died,,i couldn't talk that hole time cause it hurt too much,,,well needless to say i didn't go back to that school again

yeah,,,but i am over it by now i have forgave them,,,,some people say that i am a good person cause i did forgive them,,,but in a way it was more for me then them that i forgave,,,, it just took a heavy load off my back:)

yea, bullying can leave lasting marks not just emotionally but physically as well. In middle school I started hanging out with the wrong crowd to put it bluntly, and a person who I naively thought was my friend at the time would always bully me by taking the knuckle of his index finger and press in the center of my chest while doing the same thing on the back in the same place with the other finger. It hurt excruciatingly, but I didn't realize until years later, that it had actually changed the way my bones grew, the bone that's right over my heart is indented towards my heart so that I have a massive divot right there, and the bone above my ribs protrudes slightly, just enough to be noticeable:(. But that's alright because now that guy is now a drug dealer somewhere...:D

Hi Mimi38,

Firstly, I just wanted to say you have an amazing attitude. It takes a really brave person to forgive something like that.
I'm still extremely angry and bitter at the people who bullied me in school. They made me feel like honeysuckle everyday, and it was back then when my problems with self-esteem, confidence etc started. They called me names, tripped me up, put things in my hair (chewing gum, spit etc) and beat me up regularly. And I never ever fought back. I tried telling the teachers, but their way of dealing with it was to call a meeting with the people bullying me in the same room, and then asking me if they were bullying me right in front of them. What was I meant to do?
I've tried to say to myself "They were just kids, it was years ago, you need to move on", but I just cant. I hope I do get to a stage in my life where I can let it go, but I'm not sure I can right now.

NeverMore said:
yea, bullying can leave lasting marks not just emotionally but physically as well. In middle school I started hanging out with the wrong crowd to put it bluntly, and a person who I naively thought was my friend at the time would always bully me by taking the knuckle of his index finger and press in the center of my chest while doing the same thing on the back in the same place with the other finger. It hurt excruciatingly, but I didn't realize until years later, that it had actually changed the way my bones grew, the bone that's right over my heart is indented towards my heart so that I have a massive divot right there, and the bone above my ribs protrudes slightly, just enough to be noticeable:(. But that's alright because now that guy is now a drug dealer somewhere...:D

GOD! I can acutely believe that could happen as well. It would be cos you was still growing and your bones would still be soft.

Your old chums hah if you can call them that are not the only ones on drugs. A lot off ppl I know and bullied are on drugs are dead and even living on the streets some where.

I do think that you take this kinder thing into adult life with you.

Chris 2 I was wondering how old you where as I think the memere's you have are still very fresh in your mined. See the older I get the less I become bothered about them that bullied me. Given even 5 - 7 years ago I would of felt exactly how you did. And yea I would even feel angry at there parents for letting them be like that. Now I feel sorry for most of them. Still there is a couple of them that ad like to kick in the, well You know where.

Red26 said:
Hi Mimi38,

Firstly, I just wanted to say you have an amazing attitude. It takes a really brave person to forgive something like that.
I'm still extremely angry and bitter at the people who bullied me in school. They made me feel like honeysuckle everyday, and it was back then when my problems with self-esteem, confidence etc started. They called me names, tripped me up, put things in my hair (chewing gum, spit etc) and beat me up regularly. And I never ever fought back. I tried telling the teachers, but their way of dealing with it was to call a meeting with the people bullying me in the same room, and then asking me if they were bullying me right in front of them. What was I meant to do?
I've tried to say to myself "They were just kids, it was years ago, you need to move on", but I just cant. I hope I do get to a stage in my life where I can let it go, but I'm not sure I can right now.

it doesn't come that easy,,i will be 40 in January and i have only just decided that i don't want others to rule my life,,,and i still get bullied by the school,,,cause when your kids don't perform right in school they have decided these days that its the parents fault,,,,anyway all that to say i finally understand that i want control over my own life,,,and if i don't do that well i will teach my kids to be like i was,,,a victim and i surely don't want that,,,,

mink said:
mimi38 said:
i was bullied and almost killed when i was in 5th grade,,,so i know how that is
You almost got killed from being bullied?? That was terrible..
I'm glad you got through that :)

I wish the bullies killed me when I was in the 5th grade. Would have saved me from a lot of pain, agony, ridicule, and shame in the future years. If I could go back in time I would fight back at the bullies so that they can beat me up even harder to the point that I would bleed to death.

lonelyloser said:
I wish the bullies killed me when I was in the 5th grade. Would have saved me from a lot of pain, agony, ridicule, and shame in the future years. If I could go back in time I would fight back at the bullies so that they can beat me up even harder to the point that I would bleed to death.

I'm so sorry you feel this way. *great big hugs to you* I'm glad they didn't, because I enjoy reading your posts.

lonelyloser said:
I'm sorry you feel this way too lonely. :(

yeah there are other things that have knocked my confidence down really badly.

Haha, well well, look at me, I am in the unis and I am still getting bullied. People vent their frustrations on me, verbally abuse me, throw things at me...and I have to take them all, and it tears me apart really...but there is nothing that i can really do. I need those people, so here goes my pride....haha besides...I am never really anyone to begin with =(

SadRabbit, Why do you have to take that. NO one should have to take that sort of thing. Its demoralizing and takes who we are away from us. You always have a chows???

Do you?

I never got bullied. I had cats try me, which ALWAYS resulted in a fight.
Win or Lose, I never took ****, and I never will.

i was never really bullied per se, BUT...
i guess i've lost faith in humanity or something - and don't get me wrong, i realize that being bullied is an awful situation to be in, and a very hard one to get out of. however, i have never understood WHY it's so impossible to just TALK to bullies. i mean, what kind of person would be MEAN to others for FUN? it honestly just seems crazy to me. it's like they lack the "normal" gene. ugh. I'm a logical and rational person, and i just can't seem to see why approaching them saying (seriously) "i'm not sure why you're treating me like this, but please stop. believe it or not, i don't really enjoy it, and...well... it's just a waste of your energy. glad we had this talk." would be of no use. i just don't get it. i mean, essentially, aren't you just appealing to their rational side here? wouldn't this just make SENSE to them? it's so frustrating how stupid and mean people can be.

Then again, this forum is totally the opposite. It's also surprising how kind and helpful people can be.

We're a funny race, hmm?

(as a side note to those who think i'm being insensitive: i've actually spent several summers working at a camp for young girls who have been bullied, so i'm really not ignorant or insensitive to the issue... i just get so frustrated thinking about all the lives that have been touched by this growing societal problem... i guess i just wanted to vent a little. sorry for the rant. hah.)

I had this "best friend" who had some home problems which she took out on me. Back then i was willing to be her emotional punch-bag, thinking that she would do the same for me. Of course she wouldn't have done. She found this other friend called Sarah and they used to take my stuff and generally make me look like an idiot. I had to take it because i had no other friends. Eventually I snapped and stopped talking to them, then they would call me a loner and make snide comments if i passed them in the corridor.

But hey I eventually found my current best friends- couldn't regain the confidence though.

every school has a bully. me i was bullied at school too, back in highschool but i dont care with them, i fought with them. it's not their school, it's everybodies school. I don't know about Highschool in the US. but back home if somebody bullied me, they would wished they didnt push me to my limits. im not bragging about me being one of the known and active student in school coz even the popular ones are being bullied too, we just dont know it. sometimes people has to know where they are and where their limits. its not good to under-estimate somebody. that is why i was always the deffender of my friends in highschool. I dont beat someone. i dont harras them. i only tell them what they are. just being frank to them. make them realize every single thing they do. by the way i know its different in every countries but bullies, they should stop.

Latest posts

Back