Being bullied

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was at school like a few months ago I just left I had a hard time and got stuff at me from lots of people just randomly. I don't pity myself because I'd laugh along with everyone else when it happened to other people and looking back that makes me feel like a bit of a dick, but a few years ago some people were really annoying during lessons to the point where I couldn't concentrate at all and not put pen to paper at all because of it being stolen or my chair kicked and I just flipped and turned around and punched one of the lads in the face a few times. I never got done for it either but since then like it went from people having a go at me a lot to them to just like leaving which kinda sucked because half the lessons where I would be with people I dodn't like would just be an hour of silence. But what I did worked and I'd do it again if I had to.

School was a horrible experience for me, every single day i was target of namecalling and other things al lthe way through highschool, in College i was ignored by everybody...
When i tried to fight back it maked matter worse, seriously, they laughed at me for every single thing i did and said. It was horrible and nobody helped me, not even my own mom. Mind you i have the worst mom in the world.
Now, people are nice to me, my coworkers that is, and they respect me mostly becuase i'm their boss, actually im the boss of one of my ex bullies, lets see who's the bully now:rolleyes:

Now i work in a highschool and i made this campaign against bullying, i can't stand it i do things about it.

Bluey said:
What kinder person is your friend? Also, why don't you try and socialize? You might make a good friend out of it or even a GF.

My life is in a bit of a shamble right now, getting a girlfriend isn't something I treat like a chore on a to do list anyway.

My friend is like a brother, I've known him for 10 years. He's pretty similar to me in a lot of ways.

I'm not really the socializing type.

Ale said:
School was a horrible experience for me, every single day i was target of namecalling and other things al lthe way through highschool, in College i was ignored by everybody...
When i tried to fight back it maked matter worse, seriously, they laughed at me for every single thing i did and said. It was horrible and nobody helped me, not even my own mom. Mind you i have the worst mom in the world.
Now, people are nice to me, my coworkers that is, and they respect me mostly becuase i'm their boss, actually im the boss of one of my ex bullies, lets see who's the bully now:rolleyes:

Now i work in a highschool and i made this campaign against bullying, i can't stand it i do things about it.

That's a really good success story. Shows the hard work paid off.

PieBeNice said:
When I was at school like a few months ago I just left I had a hard time and got stuff at me from lots of people just randomly. I don't pity myself because I'd laugh along with everyone else when it happened to other people and looking back that makes me feel like a bit of a dick, but a few years ago some people were really annoying during lessons to the point where I couldn't concentrate at all and not put pen to paper at all because of it being stolen or my chair kicked and I just flipped and turned around and punched one of the lads in the face a few times. I never got done for it either but since then like it went from people having a go at me a lot to them to just like leaving which kinda sucked because half the lessons where I would be with people I dodn't like would just be an hour of silence. But what I did worked and I'd do it again if I had to.

I would not recommended for anyone to deal with bullies like that but ye I have to agree that sometimes that kinder thing that you did pays off. You do know how to stick up for your self and it did not sound like you went over the top. Just did enough in order that they let you get on with your work. good for you mate.

Ale said:

Sounds like you really had a bad time of it at school. Wold you say its made you into moor of a positive person in general? After all you are doing this campaign thing. That BTW I would like to hear moor on :)

Unacceptance said:
My life is in a bit of a shamble right now, getting a girlfriend isn't something I treat like a chore on a to do list anyway.

Good, cos I too think that you can not force that kinder thing and just have to keep being friendly with everyone in tell the right person comes alone and the emotions start to happen.

Unacceptance said:
My friend is like a brother, I've known him for 10 years. He's pretty similar to me in a lot of ways.

Your lucky :) And so is he.

Unacceptance said:
I'm not really the socializing type.

I think when ye down in the dumps its hard to make the effort to get to know ppl better. You may be in a bit of shamble right now but you seem to know where you are and you come across as a level headed person. I think you well be fine in time :)

Question? I know being bullied takes your confidants away as when I was at school I have 0 confidants. But do you think that when school is juts a distant memory and we have grown older that we that have been bullied are stronger frow it?

Bluey said:
Question? I know being bullied takes your confidants away as when I was at school I have 0 confidants. But do you think that when school is juts a distant memory and we have grown older that we that have been bullied are stronger frow it?

I think it depends on the person. Some folk are smart enough to take from history and apply it to future situations, thus using the benefit of experience. Where as others are just as likely to use it as a crutch and forever blame the very thing they failed to utilize.

Unacceptance said:
Bluey said:

I think it depends on the person. Some folk are smart enough to take from history and apply it to future situations, thus using the benefit of experience. Where as others are just as likely to use it as a crutch and forever blame the very thing they failed to utilize.

Agreed, When I left school I promised myself that no one would ever push me around again. I did not care how big they was or who there friends was. I relay sate down and gave it some thought. This is the conclusion I came too. I thought OK so if I got some big guy pushing me around am going to 1, not let it get to me and simply laugh in hes face and stand there and tell him to fresia OFF with a big smile on my face or if it gets physical I well fight back. The second thing I asked my self is what is the worse that can happen? The answer I gave my self is that I get kicked in the teeth or even killed. I came to the conclusion that I would sooner be dead then have to live with the shame of letting myself be pushed around. You know since I took that attitude on bord I never really been pushed around since. It could be that it was just school. But I did work at a place for a year and half after school where bulling was common place. I did not get bullied tho.

Bluey said:
Sounds like you really had a bad time of it at school. Wold you say its made you into moor of a positive person in general? After all you are doing this campaign thing. That BTW I would like to hear moor on :)

Well, i still have a low self esteem, but it didnt maked me into a more postive person, my daughter is the one that made me a more positive person.
I'm doing the campaign things becuase i dont want other kids so suffer in the way i did, and i want to help the bullies too, we offer counseling and some programs and activities, and i've seen results and im happy about it.

I only just left school but I think it sort of boosted my confidence and made me want to acheive more when I was there.

I don't know if I did have low confidence or not. Like I still kept to myself and didn't talk or want to talk much but I was confident in what I was doing during lessons and I was never in exams. What happened just seemed seperate.

PieBeNice said:
I don't know if I did have low confidence or not. Like I still kept to myself and didn't talk or want to talk much but I was confident in what I was doing during lessons and I was never in exams. What happened just seemed seperate.

I think you still can be confident at school in your work even if you where bulled. I never was that confidant in my worth ether. I think what it can do for someone like you who was confidant is that it still can distract you from concentrating on your work if there is ppl in that class that are trying to get to you.

I really did not take anything from school. So I would differently say I have learnt moor out of school then in.

Bluey said:
I am just wondering how many ppl hear got bullied when they where at school are still are getting bullied know.

I got bullied at school and it takes every thing away from you. I was not the most confident pupil at school and being called names and having paper clips fired at you and what not did nothing for the bit of confidence I did have.

I wish I could go back now with what I know now and do it again. I would not let them get away with it now. Every time I was pushed to the flow I should of got up and smacked them strait in the mouth. What would be the worst that could happen? I get beat on. But at least they would get hurt as well. Are I would tell the world what was happening instead of shouting up and being ashamed of it. Its not my fault that this happened but back then I was so ashamed of it I told no one.

Being called and sometimes physically hit every day at school tacks confidence away from you on a lively that no one should have to deal with. No wonder I struggle with my spelling. I have learnt moor on grammar and spelling in the past 2 years from posting on forums then I ever did at school. But when you don't feel relaxed and are constantly looking over your shoulder its not surprising that I did not even grasp the basics of english litrecher.

Being frightened to go to school is something no kid should have to fear. I do think that if I had told ppl and been different about things back then that I would now have a completely different life. But to have been different back then I would have needed some confidence to have dealt with the bullying. so its kinder a catch 22. Know I would sooner be killed fighting then feel the shame that I felt back then in knowing that I let them get away with doing all the stuff they did. I should of told my dad even tho he would of thought less of me and yes I still think that he would of done and am now 32 but fresia it I should of any way. It least then I could of started dealing with the problem instead of baring my head in the sand.

I just watched something on TV about it and it burt a few things back to me. This girl that was being bullied. God I felt so sorry for her. If only I could put what is in sighed my head into hers. She would know there are ways to deal with it. But it goes back to having no confidence to do any thing about it. That's the problem. Bout time you do get the confidence the damage has already been done.

My advice to any one that's getting bullied. Tell the howl wide world. A teacher, mum, dad any one that well lessen no matter how silly you feel. Get help and know there is no shame in asking for help. No one is an island. We all need help from time to time in life.

i was bullied for a while untill i stood up for myself, and stop showing that i was afraid. fear is power to bullies, if you show no fear,they have no power.

PieBeNice said:
Whoops I typed it wrong "I was never in exams" should be "I was confident in exams".

lol Its OK, I did get what you meat after a bit of confusion to myself

hawk9007 said:
i was bullied for a while untill i stood up for myself, and stop showing that i was afraid. fear is power to bullies, if you show no fear,they have no power.

That is so true

I did get "bullied" in some ways. Probably not in the most common ways.
Physically, no one would really bully me. I was a pretty big guy and worked out.
Plus, I could be angry at the flip of a switch.
People are generally afraid of the quiet guy in the corner who often looks angry.

But there was this one girl. She would do provocative things in order to get a "rise" out of me.
She had no interest in me. She was just doing it to make me the laughing stock in the class.
But meh...

You bully someone at my school and you get grief from me...that is the now!!!!!!

I can't help you with the past...sorry.

davechaos said:
You bully someone at my school and you get grief from me...that is the now!!!!!!

I can't help you with the past...sorry.

They should be moor teachers with that attitude cos some of them if not a lot of them to what I remember think its all apart of growing up. Well - I Guss some of it is. But it can have a very detrimental affect on someone. No bulling should be tolerated and kids or adults should not be afraid of any one, or afraid, or ashamed of asking for help. Asking for help and getting the help was my problem. mainly cos I felt ashamed of the fact that I was getting bullied. Now I realise that I should not had been. If only I know what I know now, then :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back