Believing in fairy tales

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Growing up I believed in a more spiritual dimension to life. I imagined being alone in the present was some pre-ordained masterplan of suffering to make me truly appreciate the joy of love when I got older, like some modern day Job. I pinned my hopes on this mystical, magical person sitting out there, oblivious to my existence, waiting, as I was, for us to meet so we can be happy together. In fact my very first unrequited love kind of validated this feeling I'd had. As I've got older this feeling has faded away and I feel this has added to my loneliness in life, a collapse of my spirit has led to a collapse of hope. Does anyone here still believe in these fairy tales? Did you believe in them to start with? Is it just part of growing up to stare blankly into the desolation of rationality or is this all a product of loneliness? Did I expect to much as a youth and this is part of my problem now?

NO the wonder of life gets stolen from just about everybody. Some people stick with it, however I believe these folks have mild form of psychosis.

maybe i know it's not really there, but i sublet myself to the day dreams, that maybe something good could happen, and make up for everything that has happened. In my head i'm fricking witty and charming and awesome. I'd like to think that all that really matters is what's inside your head.

i use to be religious when i was younger, now it's just a back up plan to the end of days.

Sometimes i think

God is a terrible screenplay writter and maybe it's time he got another job

sorry it's not really advice just what your thoughts made me think of

:)

Hi Eternal_Ineptitude, I don't think we have meat yet :) Well-we have now :p lol

I think we all expect to much in our youth.

I think it is moor difficult to be alone when your older. You don't just feel lonely but also have to deal with the pride issue of being alone and how ppl you have known all your life preserve you.

I myself have or did stop going to a lot of family parties cos I am the only one there single still. I have cousins 10 years younger then me that have partners. I am now just beginning to realise that the reason I don't go is a stupid one. No body well not talk to me just based on the fact that am single. All through by not going some ppl have took that as an insult and it has indirectly coursed problems that now make it moor difficult to go. I Guss this just means I have to learn the error of my ways and start working on building bridges back up. The thing is if you let it buy not having a GF it well make you moor isolated in older age. This of course is not going to make anything better as the moor your out the moor chance you have in meeting someone. But to go out you have to not feel depressed and have to go to things like family things. I have to recognise that the reason you don't go is all in your heard and your the only person that is really bothered by not having a GF. Well this is all about me really I Guss. But it kinder is in line with you as well.

I still think life is all about a spiritual dimension. You can not look at just what you see. There is a lot moor then we see that is just in this world. It is difficult to look at the hole pitcher when your stuck at this is honeysuckle mood. But there is a reason why where here. I don't know what that reason is. But this life is all about spirituality. That I do believe. Am not some religious nut BTW. I think the bible is the worlds best story book. Nothing moor. But I do have a strong spiritual side to me. just do the best you can and have a little faith in your self. Grab the best, leave the rest.

Eternal_Ineptitude said:
Does anyone here still believe in these fairy tales? Did you believe in them to start with? Is it just part of growing up to stare blankly into the desolation of rationality or is this all a product of loneliness? Did I expect to much as a youth and this is part of my problem now?

When I was younger I believed that my solitude was simply a product of the fact that no one understood the real me. My thoughts, my sense of humor and my ideas about how this universe functions were too strange for most, especially with regard to the fairer sex. I also believed in some magical event that would one day cause everyone to stand up, see who I really was and understand.

The magical event never happened, however there have been a few scattered and minor breakthroughs. It's been a slow process, but I now have a small number of friends that think along the same lines as I do. As far as women are concerned...still waiting. It may very well be that there simply isn't anyone female that can relate to me. I may even have to deal with that fact for the rest of my life.

I do however refuse to let it stop me from enjoying my time on this planet. I do the best I can with the resources available to me. I also don't plan on giving up any time soon...much to the disapointment of many. :)

Latest posts

Back