Bored? Entertainment Mega Thread (Update 2)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though a lot of the original team that made the RPGs we loved growing up have long since been canned or left to do bigger better things, so it's possible that all thats left is the name they left behind.

[video=youtube]

Heh. I had a Game Genie too, even though I didn't depend on it to finish games. I just liked goofing off with some of the absurd modifiers. Remember moon jump in Mario?

Rosalyn said:
You heard about Dragon Quest X?

I actually watched that DQX presentation while it was being streamed live from Japan. It looked so... meh. I think SE should trash the Wii version and just focus on making something that really pushes the Wii U.

Didn't square merge with Eidos too? Square-Enix-Eidos lol.

Anyways, I didn't see the presentation, but DQX being some sort of mmo with subscription fees means I'll avoid it at all cost. Eww, what the hell.

...I want Xenoblade in America, it looks much better than any of the RPGs from Square this gen. As for something more oldschool-like, anyone tried Radiant Historia? It feels like the great classic RPGs on the SNES and the story is pretty good.

"Eww, what the hell"

Exactly. :|

Here are some videos of it. Just in case you were curious anyway - http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=160555

Real shame about Dragon Quest X.

I've not tried Radiant Historia. GUST's Atelier series has a bit of an old-school feel to them. Can't wait for Atelier Totori. <3

Thanks for the vids. While it looks well-made, online rpgs don't suit me one bit, especially if they have a monthly fee.

I might look into the Atelier series once I finally get my own PS3. I'm holding off on buying one until Tales of Graces F is released, I really like the Tales series. Hopefully we get Tales of Xillia localized, that one looks to be the best by far.

I wanted to play the last Atelier but I heard it had time limits for your work orders, I hate time limits! lol

There are time limits, yeah. Exploring (consumes days when you leave a screen), making things and sleeping all consume a day(s). And you have to complete assignments before xx amount of days are up in Atelier Rorona.

Atelier Totori is out at the end of the month which is more lenient. Personally I thought Rorona was very lenient (plenty of people don't seem to agree, though...).

Dunno why the game is so underrated, it's the funniest game I've ever played. Makes you wonder exactly how much they can get away with putting in a 12+ rated game since there is some pretty terrible bits.

I really feel that GUST put Square to shame, and GUST only consists of 15 employees. :/

Lemme know when you get a PS3, please. I want more RPG fans on my friends list and you guys seem cool. :)

Time limits don't bother me one bit and the games look fun from what I've seen. I'll let you know when I get a PS3. I'm still waiting for namco to announce a release date for their Tales game. Kinda sucks, Japan just got a new game in the series and yet we don't even have a release date on the localization of the game that came before that one. But atleast it's coming!

Hungover today? Got the "Spins" after hitting the bottle while on sedatives?
Post anything to do with alcohol.

When I used to drink, "Southern Comfort" was my favorite. Goddamn expensive as well. Nobody around me would touch the stuff which meant more for me.:D

Godspeed.
LoneKiller

Nitramici said:
Didn't square merge with Eidos too? Square-Enix-Eidos lol.

Anyways, I didn't see the presentation, but DQX being some sort of mmo with subscription fees means I'll avoid it at all cost. Eww, what the hell.

...I want Xenoblade in America, it looks much better than any of the RPGs from Square this gen. As for something more oldschool-like, anyone tried Radiant Historia? It feels like the great classic RPGs on the SNES and the story is pretty good.

Xenoblade does look good. Many are touting it as one of the best of all time. I can't believe Nintendo failed to get this one out in the game industry's largest region.

Radiant Historia is DS, right? I think I'll go on and order that. It has received high critical acclaim. Speaking of things "Radiant", Radiant Silvergun, a treasure of Treasure's, will cease to be a rare item in two days. Anyone who likes Shmups in the vein of Gradius, Border Down, Ikaruga, etc should definitely download it for the 360. I'm very excited about it, as I wasn't able to get it for the Saturn before it got to the point of being auctioned at ebay for absurd amounts.

LoneKiller said:
lonelyfairy said:
Maybe I'm strange, but I don't like alcohol. :S
Not strange at all. Alcohol isn't for everyone. Some people smoke enough weed to fill a storage locker instead.

Yeah, people like different things. :)

I don't really drink, but when I do, cider and hard lemonade are what I get; occasionally German beer.

Thanks. :)

I thought Tales was set for the first half of next year? Could be wrong. Not been following it too closely. Xenoblade keeps getting sold out all over the place here. Pretty sure they'll be wanting to bring it to America now.

I have a ps3 but sadly I seem to be lacking RPGs on it. Which is odd as I really enjoy them. Guess I've been spending too much time with PC gaming these days.

Edit: No wait, I have eternal sonata

Rosalyn said:
Thanks. :)

I thought Tales was set for the first half of next year? Could be wrong. Not been following it too closely. Xenoblade keeps getting sold out all over the place here. Pretty sure they'll be wanting to bring it to America now.

I don't know if they will, the timing is kinda bad. Zelda coming in November, Wii U coming next year, I think they missed the boat on that one. It's lame, they bought Monolith and then they don't publish their games here, even though the Wii lineup for 2011 was completely atrocious.

As for Tales, I think it's supposed to come in the first half of next year but there aren't any official dates yet.

I'm also seeking somebody on the PS3 to play beat 'em ups with since I recently developed a taste for them, but suck at them and I wanna stop sucking at them. Don't supposed you like them do ya? I should just add you regardless (if you don't mind). :)

Hmmmmm, I don't know much about Monolith, but Xenoblade has done so well here, they gotta bring it across, surely? I mean that would be like saying "we don't want your money" if they don't.

Sorry, LoneKiller. Seem to have totally de-railed your thread. =/

by beat em ups you mean like side scrollers or fighting games ala street fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back