Bored? Entertainment Mega Thread (Update 2)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh.. bit of everything here - Vodka, Baileys, the ocassional beer, Malibu, and also a fan of good wines, like a good chablis, but those are only to be consumed whilst in good company :p Altough this may make me sound like I'm a drunk bum living underneath a bridge, I actually don't drink very often.. hardly ever exceeds 3 glasses a month..

lonelyfairy said:
Maybe I'm strange, but I don't like alcohol. :S

And here I was thinking I was the only sober Finn in the whole wide world. :p

ACB.jpg

This is one show that I couldn't resist. I'm no saint, but even I couldn't believe some of these cats. Just thought that some might find it interesting.

[YOUTUBE]973wr68BvkA[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]dZhsfT9wGp0[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]dBlyAxdvBfo[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]s7ACJ4Acddc[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]kMv4MJn_Z3w[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]UOO8TjKyGr4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]ycVhhGfOsVY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]yr0u28F-n7Y&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]O9GzUAK59Js[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]1I_MgBEO9Gg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]BIGUBhnggdY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]MRM6unwsO_A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]QnGoPz9QGZI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]V9YSkhrp0Y4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]yBevUtwxjE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]djKI3QU-NH4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]1SYbBUj3QMs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]hQAC2pPVu88&feature=related[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]Cg8NObsOlDs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Que pasa?

4 words that you never say to a gamer: "..It's just a game". I fuckin' hate it when people who have absolutely no idea just how difficult games such as the "Mega Man" series or "Ninja Gaiden" series truly are. It's people like that who are the reason I created this thread.

Do you know any "Backseat Gamers" that drive you mad while you are trying to focus."..You should have turned left!..", "You missed the "Power Up" on your last lap around!.", "..What are you doing in that room?.."

It's enough to make you want to suplex them out the Goddamn window!

LoneKiller said:
condemnedsoul666 said:
My sister does that to me, so I give her advice I know is wrong when she plays :p
lol You are too good to her!

Me: 'I've done this before, you just jump down there'

My sister: 'Really? Ok.' *listens to my advice and dies*

Me: 'Oops. I thought it was somewhere else lol'

I only really do this in single player games. My friends tend to appreciate it because I am usually pretty clever. I can point out ideas and strategies to help them out if they are stuck. Plus it makes it more fun when cool things happen and you are both like "ZOMFG!!!!" This is really fun with games like Fallout or the Mass Effect.

And then there's RE5 and Borderlands, where you can just troll your friends and laugh in their face while you do it. :)

i have a friend that does this. he thinks he knows it all because he used to play 40 hours a week.
then we play sports games like Madden or NBA Live and I hand his butt to him. that quiets him... for a minute.

My brother does that to me, yet he's sitting behind me on his PC playing his game getting made at it. So...yeah he gets it from me too. :D

There's this guy that hangs out with me sometimes, wouldn't really call him a friend, we have common interests but he can be a bit much to handle. He plays the DCUO game on PS3, I play on PC, but when he invites himself over I'll still play it a bit anyway. He likes to see my characters. But he sits there and comments on how who I'm playing with suck, or starts telling to what to do, which I know because I've done it many times before. It's so annoying because he likes to act like he's so much better. He's not because he tells me about things in the game that he has a hard time with that I've had no problem doing. Plus he's been kicked out of leagues in the game, I'm still in the same league and I'm a valued member too. Not to sound arrogant, but when I log on and get told that they could have used me with whatever they were doing when I wasn't on, makes you feel important. :D But this "friend" of mine likes to put me down and brag how his stats are higher or how he's so good at doing this or that. He's probably one of the worst backseat gamers ever.

I did that to my ex all the time.

It's not my fault she didn't know what the fresia she was doing when she played my games.

"TURN LEFT, GODDAMMIT!! WHY DIDN'T YOU GET THAT POWERUP!?!?"

It pissed her off.

But then I let her sex me up so it was all OK.

The main problem I have with the "it's just a game" sentiment is when it's used in the context of aesthetic analysis.
"Far Cry 2 highlights the meaninglessness of war" "Nope.avi, it's just a game, lolololol"

I "backseat game".

But I'm more logistics and strategy. It's just how I am. I do it while riding in the car or overseeing anything.

I'm not told I'm annoying too often, helpful a bit.

I never do it it a condescending manner, just give little snippets of information as I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back