Bored? Entertainment Mega Thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Opponent Of Rocky's Did You Enjoy Watching The Most?

• Apollo Creed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clubber Lang

• Ivan Drago

• Tommy Gunn

• Mason Dixon

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
10i8qd5.jpg

Can you guess which celebrities these are going by their childhood photos? I will post the answers at a later date.

NOPE_zps42f59c44.jpg

e4c5a45f35_zpsaeaccace.jpg

rsz_nope_zpsecab1d5d.jpg

NOPE_zpse173ad4d.jpg

NOPE_zps35f87be9.jpg

NOPE_zps13e362c6.jpg

NOPE_zps95313d0d.jpg

NOPE_zpsb51c6984.jpg

NOPE_zps4a918f37.jpg

NOPE_zps502c6266.jpg

Scotsman said:

No matter how good they were, they would not be able to prevent me self-harming if I had to spend anything more than 5 minutes in their company.

#1- Kevin Rahm or Matthew Broderick
#4 - Madonna
#5 - Obama - The ears are a dead giveaway! :D
#8 - Mike Tyson
#9 - Yep, probably Jim Carrey.
#10 -Jennifer Aniston

That last one has got to be Miley Cyrus.

And Tom Hanks for #2 maybe?

^ Oh yeah.... I think that is Miley Cyrus. The chin threw me off, lol.

1. TIM MCGRAW
Tim-McGraw_zpsd9f78bd2.jpg

2. BRUCE LEE
1366798514-lytieulong-2_mobile_zpsdb93b5ff.jpg

3. LEBRON JAMES
LEBRON_zps3adce621.jpg

4. MADONNA
madonna210610_zps4eebab6f.jpg

5. BARACK OBAMA
barack_obama-2_zps694c9b40.jpg

6. SHANIA TWAIN
Shania-Twain-Pictures-4_zps58b7d6a8.jpg

7.JOHN TRAVOLTA
932_1336750156_zps2767e76c.jpg

8. MIKE TYSON
miketyson_zps2075efbf.jpg

9. JIM CARREY
dMzMfPiabo8_zps6e199bf0.jpg

10. MILEY CYRUS
d65d4e853ebb93e2c73e7b4c3dbe6393_zps83887c80.jpg

I would have posted this in the Entertainment section but I don't consider this entertainment. I consider it a sobering piece of evidence that there are forces in this world that are far stronger and more evil than any human. Bone chilling. I've watched this piece over 15 times. I can't detect any indications that say it's fake. I have a pretty sick feeling that it's authentic. This is an excerpt from the real exorcism of Anneliese Michel. The movie The Exorcism Of Emily Rose was based upon this. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

[youtube]x4n9vK0_mdk[/youtube]

FULL VIDEO:
[youtube]mVIL6AX30RI[/youtube]

Reading more about this on Wikipedia (and I had never heard of her before), it sounds like she was schizophrenic and it was an incident of religious malpractice.

Not that I don't believe that the devil can possess people, but this was done in a time when mental illness was stigmatized and religious iconry made people believe that everyone who heard voices were possessed by spirits. I personally do not believe that she had demons inside her, she probably heard voices but this was because she wasn't treated with drugs.

If she were around today, she would have taken a mood stabilizer, and...voila, no signs of demonic infestation! This is religious propaganda at its very best, but it does make for a good story.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Reading more about this on Wikipedia (and I had never heard of her before), it sounds like she was schizophrenic and it was an incident of religious malpractice.

Not that I don't believe that the devil can possess people, but this was done in a time when mental illness was stigmatized and religious iconry made people believe that everyone who heard voices were possessed by spirits. I personally do not believe that she had demons inside her, she probably heard voices but this was because she wasn't treated with drugs.

If she were around today, she would have taken a mood stabilizer, and...voila, no signs of demonic infestation! This is religious propaganda at its very best, but it does make for a good story.
You make some good points Leaning, but what I can't get past is how one person goes from this to this due to an illness. She looked perfectly fine in the "Before Picture"

anneliese-michel_zpsee52b6fe.jpg
>>>
ANNE2_zps226b41d6.jpg

Schizophrenia can make someone who is perfectly normal act crazy.

Look at Amanda Bynes, for example:

Before

Amanda-Bynes-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

After

article-bynes5-0523.jpg

amanda-bynes-conspiracy.jpg

And I can name Michael Jackson as an extreme example of mental illness, too.

Even the musician in my siggy, Sarah McLachlan, suffers from a mental illness. She has depression. She takes medicine for it, I believe.

No doubt. She does look messed up, but I don't know man. There is just something about Michel that really puts a creep into me. It just feels too real.

My cousin was schizophrenic, and lived with us. He would go from being completely normal, to thinking that aliens were controlling his thoughts and that music CDs were created by the government to plant thoughts in his brain. He would think that psychologists were demons who were trying to bring him into hell, that colleges were created to control thoughts, and that the government had put cameras in his car and around our home so that he was monitored every second of every day.

And those were just the light thoughts.

I don't know. I just have a hard time believing that this is real, although I do believe that people can be possessed. But they also starved her. Look up the wikipedia article. If they had given her a sandwich, or intravenously fed her, then she wouldn't have died. She died of complete malnutrition, not of crazy.

Yeah. I think I will look a little more in depth at this. We're both talking about pretty serious conditions here. I'll do some more research into the topic biblically and medically. Thank you for your input LeaningIntoTheMuse. It will help me and many others interested in this kind of thing.

LoneKiller said:
but what I can't get past is how one person goes from this to this due to an illness. She looked perfectly fine in the "Before Picture"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel

The autopsy report stated the cause of death as malnutrition and dehydration from almost a year of semi-starvation while the rites of exorcism were performed.[9] She weighed 68 pounds (30.91 kilograms). The previous day, she had broken knees due to the continuous genuflection and was unable to move without assistance, was reported to have been suffering pneumonia.[6]

I believe this is the more probable cause:

A report into her cause of death stated that it was due to malnutrition and dehydration while the rites were being performed. This attracted an investigation, which concluded that she could have been saved if medical help was given even a day before. The parents and the two priests were charged, and the court case attracted much media and public attention. It has been called a misidentification of a mental illness, negligence, abuse and religious hysteria. After a guilty verdict, the defendants were sentenced to six months in jail but given three years of probation and a fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back