Buying wife or husband

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would want to choose to be with someone who chooses to be with me. The concept of 'buying' another person seems like a possession of ownership to me, but to each their own.

But you’re not buying someone, a lot of those places are more like introduction agencies, not much different than the 100’s of dating websites already out there. Then again I guess the basic reaction is still to panic whenever anything foreign is suggested.

Lost Drifter said:
But you’re not buying someone, a lot of those places are more like introduction agencies, not much different than the 100’s of dating websites already out there. Then again I guess the basic reaction is still to panic whenever anything foreign is suggested.

I don't pay for those sites either. :p

Go for it, if you're not finding anyone locally may as well look elsewhere. But how do you know you'll be happy with a mail order bride? Usually takes some time to know if you'll want to stay with someone forever or not.

Limlim said:
Go for it, if you're not finding anyone locally may as well look elsewhere. But how do you know you'll be happy with a mail order bride? Usually takes some time to know if you'll want to stay with someone forever or not.

If you send her back, do they refund the shipping?

Lost Drifter said:

There's still this impression of a lack of equality. They come from vastly different backgrounds, he has the means to a better life and will therefore hold the power in the relationship.

My take on it is that it wouldn't appeal to the average man's pride (a women marrying you for what you can provide by virtue of merely being born in a first world nation, rather than who you are) and feels exploitative (of her).

Of course there are probably many instances where that's completely wrong.

I would never BUY someone to marry me. If it has to come down to the point where I basically have to pay someone to marry me, then screw it, I'll be single dammit lol.

If you can't find wife on another way, then why not "buy" as you said. I would say that is real buying btw

Lost Drifter said:
Have a look at Louis Theroux's mail order bride documentary (have to get to work so can't find a direct link) to see how amazingly boring if not slightly cheesy these agencies are.

lol as a Theroux fan, I've watched that one. Having watched it, seems to me like what this men really want could be covered by a prostitute and a maid, and in the case of the women, the lottery :p Doesn't seem like they buy this women, but I think it's a bad idea anyway. Too forced and artifcial.

Latest posts

Back