challenging them to section me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theablekingathelstan

Reaction score
I used to visit this mental health outpatient place, and they were so backward and not really with things. they thought that to be "normal" one should be like some 1950s poster boy - uptight, conservative, and on your bootstraps.

during the course of a conversation, they asked me if I wanted kids, and I said no. they then said that this is a "sin" and it's "abnormal".
I then asked them why. they didn't really give an answer, but then they said that it was not normal since the many didn't do it.
I then accused them of playing favourites, since I told them I knew they didn't get their other clients to do this. they said that was preposterous, and I just kept on accusing them of it, and just left and threatened them to section me. Sectioning in my country is just locking somebody away if they have mental conditions that affect the safety of others.

if they play favourites, and condemn things that aren't even their purview to condemn, i don't see the point of them.

i expect the usual haters - such as mr. never sneeze, Dutch hypocrite, and the others who claim to be good people but then enjoy bullying others, to tear apart my post, but then give a favourable billing to their professed forum favourites. since my mere presence here causes them deep offence, and everything i post must be uber-mature, since every person is perfect in thought and behaviour and speech.

judge-judy-look.gif

like only some can post human stories here. loool. why?
why can't ALL post them? look into yourself as to why that offends you.
i'm glad it offends some mid-western, stuck-up, cold ass woman.

I like kids. However, I didn't want to have my own kids. I took it a step further and got fixed in my 20s to make sure it didn't happen ever. I highly recommend you do the same. More then two and half decades later I'm still glad I did it. It was one of my best decisions.

That is not normal at all. It may be a sin too. I don't know. But, I don't care what others think about it. You shouldn't either. If someone wants to help you let them. Don't turn away help just because of opinions you don't like. If you don't want to change then don't. You have the power.

I like kids. However, I didn't want to have my own kids. I took it a step further and got fixed in my 20s to make sure it didn't happen ever. I highly recommend you do the same. More then two and half decades later I'm still glad I did it. It was one of my best decisions.

That is not normal at all. It may be a sin too. I don't know. But, I don't care what others think about it. You shouldn't either. If someone wants to help you let them. Don't turn away help just because of opinions you don't like. If you don't want to change then don't. You have the power.
leave me alone. lol. justifying bad practice. you must come from some Indian spiritual ghetto or something.

Last edited:
All I will add is that it's perfectly fine to not want kids. It's also okay not to have them. That should be a person's choice.

I don't have kids and I've never wanted them. I know many others in the same situation, both single people and couples.

We're all just fine, but I'm glad that some people have kids. Someone has to. We just shouldn't have so many.

leave me alone. lol. justifying bad practice. you must come from some Indian spiritual ghetto or something.
Are you attacking people that agree with you too now?

I don't particularly want kids either, and I don't see how it's a mental health issue. They are in the wrong for treating you like that... If you have a choice I'd pick a different hospital to go to.

Also... who is Mr. Never Sneeze? Just curious.

Also... who is Mr. Never Sneeze? Just curious.
That would be me. I said in one of the Covid threads that I rare ever sneeze. But, I never sneeze in public. It was in reference to me not needing to wear a mask since I don't speak to anybody and I don't sneeze. I mentioned that I watched others wearing masks that only covered their mouths, yet they were sneezing. I was the bad guy though for not wearing a mask.

Threatening to lock people up for not wanting kids? I feel sorry for you if this is what you contend with while trying to get the help you need.

It sounds more like they were threatening to lock him up because "he was threatening them to section him," which, according to him, "Sectioning in my country is just locking somebody away if they have mental conditions that affect the safety of others."

Though it's a little confusing, I don't think the locking up was directly related to not having kids.

I don't know what country he's in, but there are some nasty ones out there. But how we would get internet access in such a situation is another story. I don't know. There are a lot of gaps in the story. I hope he's okay, but it's hard to tell how seriously to take the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back