Christmas Holiday's Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marigold

Reaction score
It's Cristmas Holidays and I am all alone.... I feel no joy at all about all that stuff! It's so meaningful to me!! I haven't got a Christmas tree and I haven't got any decoration because I don't care! Why doing that since I'm all alone?! I've no family, I've no close friends and.... hell, I don't know why am I writing that here!! it sucks....
I just want having someone to talk with....
I feel so alone....

im sorry marigold. i feel for you. my brother spent his christmas all alone this year, too. just him and his cat.

Oh guys! Thank you so much that you wrote that, it really means much for me! It seems we all are in the club of the lonely cat owners. My treasures are two! But I'm still so lonely....

I'm the same marigold, my family went away for christmas so I've just been stuck at home alone feeling quite pathetic, New Year will probably be just the same so I'm not looking forward to that either

I was completely alone on Christmas. I hope a miracle happens for the New Year Night and receive an invitation from one of my relatives. Otherwise I'm thinking go to a big city (60 miles, 100 km) and stay 24 hours in a plaza where public concerts are performed. The greatest inconvenience is cold outside. Second - closed food stores.
I'll do all that for when I go back to my workplace and other people will ask me how did I spend my holydays. It's such an embarassing situation I go through every year. It's all about no one see me at home those days.
Loneliness is so humiliating.

Sorry for my English.

Pasha Selim said:
I'll do all that for when I go back to my workplace and other people will ask me how did I spend my holydays. It's such an embarassing situation I go through every year.

I don't like that either. If anyone should happen to ask, trying not to sound to, i guess boring, for the lack of a better word. These days no one asks so it has become easier.

Minus said:
Pasha Selim said:
I'll do all that for when I go back to my workplace and other people will ask me how did I spend my holydays. It's such an embarassing situation I go through every year.

I don't like that either. If anyone should happen to ask, trying not to sound to, i guess boring, for the lack of a better word. These days no one asks so it has become easier.

What else should I do ?

Pasha Selim said:

i get so embarrassed by these questions, too. i especially hate it when asked what i did for new years. i usually just go to bed. loneliness is humiliating.

Pasha Selim said:
Minus said:
Pasha Selim said:

What else should I do ?

And when someone asks you how did you spent New Year , what do you answer ?- I was alone in my bed ? is it that ?

Pasha Selim said:
I was completely alone on Christmas. I hope a miracle happens for the New Year Night and receive an invitation from one of my relatives. Otherwise I'm thinking go to a big city (60 miles, 100 km) and stay 24 hours in a plaza where public concerts are performed. The greatest inconvenience is cold outside. Second - closed food stores.
I'll do all that for when I go back to my workplace and other people will ask me how did I spend my holydays. It's such an embarassing situation I go through every year. It's all about no one see me at home those days.

Sorry for my English.

In case you didn't see my entire root post. Meanwhile I pushed things a little and self-invited to an older aunt that lives in that city. At least I'll stay in cold only for few hours around midnight and will be a new experience to me (laser light show, president's New Year speech...).
@hererostay: Thank you for your post. You do understand me.
@Galinchi: I will answer "I was in city name". As for the rest I will create mystery. If I stay home in my little town, for sure I will be seen.
Excuse me, was your post ironic-superior?
@marigold: I wish that you see this post.

You know, being completely alone for Christmas
may actually not be that bad as many believe it is...
I know many of you are probably asking "WTF?" but
it´s true, since in my case I´ve always spent Christmas
with my relatives, along with lots of food and all that.

BUT...

The catch is, 99.9% of my family just hates me.
For not being normal, outgoing and popular like my brother...for
not being what they expected them to be; for
being a quiet, shy person who withdraws to himself
most of the time. The result is, that every year I
end up spending a night where I hear nothing just
praise towards my brother and mockery towards me;
that is, when someone actually says anything to me.

Most of the time, I could drown myself or jump through
the window for all they care...so I spend the whole time
either listening to music, or playing with my Nintendo DS
while everyone else is having fun, eating, dancing...the
things normal people do. They just keep reminding me
what a defect I am, sometimes in a quite explicit way.
[Just like that time when my uncle told me "You are
nothing but a poor piece of crap"]

Given how I have no friends, there is no other option
as they pretty much force me to go every single year.

So...what would you prefer? This "just die" crapfest,
or enjoying the holidays in a quieter way? When you
think about it, it is kinda ironic how people who have
others to spend the holidays with want to be alone,
in contrast to those who are alone and just want to
have others by their side. What a crazy world this one is...

Cheers =)

Haineko said:
You know, being completely alone for Christmas
may actually not be that bad as many believe it is...
I know many of you are probably asking "WTF?" but
it´s true, since in my case I´ve always spent Christmas
with my relatives, along with lots of food and all that.

BUT...

The catch is, 99.9% of my family just hates me.
For not being normal, outgoing and popular like my brother...for
not being what they expected them to be; for
being a quiet, shy person who withdraws to himself
most of the time. The result is, that every year I
end up spending a night where I hear nothing just
praise towards my brother and mockery towards me;
that is, when someone actually says anything to me.

Most of the time, I could drown myself or jump through
the window for all they care...so I spend the whole time
either listening to music, or playing with my Nintendo DS
while everyone else is having fun, eating, dancing...the
things normal people do. They just keep reminding me
what a defect I am, sometimes in a quite explicit way.
[Just like that time when my uncle told me "You are
nothing but a poor piece of crap"]

Given how I have no friends, there is no other option
as they pretty much force me to go every single year.

So...what would you prefer? This "just die" crapfest,
or enjoying the holidays in a quieter way? When you
think about it, it is kinda ironic how people who have
others to spend the holidays with want to be alone,
in contrast to those who are alone and just want to
have others by their side. What a crazy world this one is...

Cheers =)

Hello! You may not believe me but I have pretty similar relations with my "family". My "family" situation is too difficult for me to explain right now, I will only say that my mother made my life hell, that's why I left off the place we lived together and now I'm alone here at my place.... And maybe you wonder how she made my life hell? Well, let's say it's quite similar to your situation.... Every single day, every single minute of the hour, during 5 years she put me under such mental cruelty that this damaged my mind for all my life! She shouted at me terms of abuse which it's hard to translate in English, I'll just try to translate them as exactly as I can but, believe me, it's **** hard!! No.... sorry, I can't.... Let's say it's pretty similar to this but with myriad of variations: "You are nothing but a poor piece of crap"

And that's how I became the "quiet, shy person who withdraws to himself most of the time"

I'm sure you understands me just like I understand you and I hope we can rely on each other in some hard times! That's what about this site is after all!

I am close to my mother who is the housewife
Getting further with my brother because he having a gf
My papa working overseas and returned overseas
Never talked to my second bro because of past conflicts with my eldest bro

Tat my family.No common interest I have with them and communication is always poor.

marigold said:
Hello! You may not believe me but I have pretty similar relations with my "family". My "family" situation is too difficult for me to explain right now, I will only say that my mother made my life hell, that's why I left off the place we lived together and now I'm alone here at my place.... And maybe you wonder how she made my life hell? Well, let's say it's quite similar to your situation.... Every single day, every single minute of the hour, during 5 years she put me under such mental cruelty that this damaged my mind for all my life! She shouted at me terms of abuse which it's hard to translate in English, I'll just try to translate them as exactly as I can but, believe me, it's **** hard!! No.... sorry, I can't.... Let's say it's pretty similar to this but with myriad of variations: "You are nothing but a poor piece of crap"

And that's how I became the "quiet, shy person who withdraws to himself most of the time"

I'm sure you understands me just like I understand you and I hope we can rely on each other in some hard times! That's what about this site is after all!

Hi hi ^^ well of course I believe that such relations [or in cases
like these, preferrable lack thereof] may happen in other places;
sad as it is. But the thing is...that compared to your situation,
mine does not seem that bad [at least my mother cares about
me, being in fact one of the three reasons that keep me alive]
so the fact that, despite being put under such mental abuse for
about 5 years and still be here...well, I consider it to be something
admirable ^_^ for it takes a lot of strength to keep going forward
in such conditions !

And do not worry, it is not necessary to translate anything she said
into english. Not only I understand what you mean, but there are also some words that should be left forgotten. So of course you can rely
on me, and now I know that I can rely on you too :D

Cheers =)

Ahm.... guys, that should have been a private message to Haineko actually, now I'm a bit embarrassed about all that but since I've already post that I guess I must reconcile that everyone here knows that.... I guess I can trust you, right, guys?

Hi ^_^ !! :gives late new year hug:
hope your new year was better than christmas ;D
mine was...meh, but it´s in the past now :D
anyways, four days have passed since the last
post [that´s what I get for not having internet
at my house:(] and no one has said anything,
so I´d say you can trust people here ^_^

Cheers =)

Latest posts

Back