Cindy Lu's amazing Four Man Plan!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D This thread is priceless!... It's also an excellent example of one reason why I'm alone now. Relationships are usually more trouble than they're worth, especially in today's society where the battle of the sexes has been made vicious by objectification (going both ways) as well as politics. If I were Catholic or Eastern Orthodox, I'd have joined a monastery by now.

MTrip said:
:D This thread is priceless!... It's also an excellent example of one reason why I'm alone now. Relationships are usually more trouble than they're worth, especially in today's society where the battle of the sexes has been made vicious by objectification (going both ways) as well as politics. If I were Catholic or Eastern Orthodox, I'd have joined a monastery by now.

I'm not objectifying anyone.

Alonewith2cats said:
MTrip said:

Not you particularly, but the way the whole thread has gone....so typical. I had to laugh as I read it.

MTrip said:
Alonewith2cats said:
MTrip said:

Not you particularly, but the way the whole thread has gone....so typical. I had to laugh as I read it.

Ok, I'm sorry, somehow this thread has gotten me on the defensive because I feel as if some people here are judging me as a terrible person because I want to try something that feels like for me, an excellent idea, but feels like a bad idea to others. But I'm going to quit this subject on here now because the battle is exhausting and I'd rather get out there and socialize and maybe find a date then spend precious time continuing the ongoing battle of the sexes here. I like men, I don't really want to fight with them.

Alonewith2cats said:
Ok, I'm sorry, somehow this thread has gotten me on the defensive because I feel as if some people here are judging me as a terrible person because I want to try something that feels like for me, an excellent idea, but feels like a bad idea to others.

Do what you think is right for YOU and ignore everyone else.

Alonewith2cats said:
Ok, I'm sorry, somehow this thread has gotten me on the defensive because I feel as if some people here are judging me as a terrible person because I want to try something that feels like for me, an excellent idea, but feels like a bad idea to others. But I'm going to quit this subject on here now because the battle is exhausting and I'd rather get out there and socialize and maybe find a date then spend precious time continuing the ongoing battle of the sexes here. I like men, I don't really want to fight with them.

What Eve said. Remember that there's a lot of strong views that fly about all the time, and some people like to "mix it up", either way they're just opinions.

EveWasFramed said:
Alonewith2cats said:
Ok, I'm sorry, somehow this thread has gotten me on the defensive because I feel as if some people here are judging me as a terrible person because I want to try something that feels like for me, an excellent idea, but feels like a bad idea to others.

You mean do what falls in line with your conscience and common sense. "What's right for you" can include benefiting from treating people like honeysuckle.

I thought it was weird, a bit superficial, but not exactly 'wrong', assuming she's honest with them.

I'd like to apologize to Eve for the insults, which were unnecessary. I know I should probably PM this, but since I not only offended Eve, but I also offended the OP, I think an all out apology is in order.

As far as the thread is concerned, I've said all I need to say. I think it should die an ugly death, because it's bringing out the ugly parts of some really good people.

rdor said:
EveWasFramed said:
Alonewith2cats said:

You mean do what falls in line with your conscience and common sense, not. "What's right for you" can include benefiting from treating people like honeysuckle.

I thought it was weird, a bit superficial, but not exactly 'wrong', assuming she's honest with them.

I don't see what she did as treating anyone like honeysuckle (she was up front about what she was doing) but I guess it's all just a matter of opinion.

rdor said:
No I don't either, I just hate that phrase.

Well..I can see what you mean. It would be nice to think that people can do "what's right" for them, without screwing over someone else, but I guess it doesn't always work that way.

Think I've said, I have no issue with AW2C's approach, non of my business anyway really but heh. I'm just wondering from a practical approach, I mean say you go for a coffee with a guy and it goes really well, do you not feel a natural tendency to want to concentrate on that one guy? Do you have to force yourself not to follow that instinct and see a few others so as to not to have all your eggs in one basket? Dunno, I mean I'm attached so it's not something I'd need to worry about but I view dating and success in dating as being all about instinct, about knowing when you've met someone worth pursuing and also having the instinct for the right speed to pursue them.

I think the reason that plan wouldn't work for me is I'd meet someone and then the rest of the dates with others would just feel like padding out time and faffing about when I should be concentrating on the one who really has my interest which from a dating point of view is all I'd be looking for, someone to explore the potential for a relationship. If I found that then that's that phase of the process done. You just can't see how a relationship will pan out before you commit to one, it brings a totally different side to someone out that you just can't see until you're in one. You meet someone you like and then you pursue that and hope for the best, old fashioned I guess but I think that suits me, I'm also just plain suspicious of anything that approaches life in the form of a plan as 'The best laid plans of mice and men..' etc as the saying goes. I'd prefer to keep life simple.

You're right though in that dating is a numbers game, ah I dunno I see where you're coming from I just think if I meet someone and I really like them that's it then, she's the one I'll be trying to develop something with, if it breaks down before it starts, hey ho onto the next but don't think I could handle the faff of meeting someone liking them but continuing to look for other potential dates. One at a time. Good luck though :)

Latest posts

Back