Comparing Yourself to Others

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done it for years, that everyone looks so much better than me, why I don't go out and do much, I feel everyone is looking and judging me, it can eat at you, I just have learned to deal with it.

I've been comparing myself to other people for as long as I can remember....to my own disfavor. My issue isn't physical appearance 'cause I'm pretty comfortable with that but it's social wittiness, savoir-faire and the verbal exchange of humorous banter. I suck at it and I feel like an oaf. So I try and act like Mr. Spock on Star Trek.....I take refuge on sooo serious logic. Sometimes it works OK and sometimes I'm just irredeemably boring.

Serenia said:
I have to say, I felt really pretty going out, I had my hair done, my make up went right, nails pretty, I loved my dress and sandals (which turned out to be pure evil torture sandals).

Then I got to the place and all the girls where gorgeous, honestly some of them could be models. Blokes at other tables just couldnt stop looking at them. I am proud of the girls, they are such lovely women and we had a brilliant meal, and I felt comfortable. Then we went to some bars, first one, the music was brilliant and it had a good atmosphere, we should have stayed their more. But then we went to this other bar and some of the people in there where just vile. I left feeling pretty crap about myself.

Ah well. Not feeling particularly good about myself at the minute, but I will be ok.

Ignore the second part of the evening. Sounds like you ended up amongst apes ('cause the other words I had lined up are not nice). If they can't appreciate classy f 'em.
Also I wish your co workers joined up in giving them the finger.

Latest posts

Back