Crush fears

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose Al

Reaction score
:club:
Here Do share your experience how you crush your fears
No matter How weird It was
Like singing when alone at home
Trying not to listen sounds in dark winter nights
Shout when hear a buzz of bee
Anything!!!!

hell, i am a very fear based person, i am not good at this at all, i really am not one to rush headlong into a fearful situation...the things you mentioned, a bee showing up, a strange noise in the night, singing when alone, those are transitory fears that come and quickly go..... not exactly earth shattering events and not even on anyones radar as reasons to develop coping mechanisms......

or maybe not, who can say what constitutes fear? what is one person's fear is another man's challenge, reason to prove their worth, their mettle, their competence. I know people who are deathly afraid of all dogs. HUH????? not me, even growling dogs do not put me off, I know that dog is growling becaue of it's own fear. I've met people deathly afraid of heights....I can't relate to that fear, I know people who will not get on a roller coaster, hell, you can't pull me off a rollercoaster..... fear is entirely personal and deeply held, close to the chest, a true fear will paralyze you, set you to crying, or a cold sweat will break out, fear is an instantaneous thing often, and there is no sure fire way to develop a coping strategy until you are actually under fire, in the midst of the fear..... then it's either fight or flight.

I used to have a vague ongoing fear - because I'm a day sleeper - of random violence ...a psychopathic killer getting into my house while I was deep in sleep (I have to wear earplugs because it's kind of noisy where I live).

This was in spite of having a good alarm system and a gun.

Since I've been meditating,
that has changed. Meditating not for mental health, not for clear-mindedness, but in order to get closer to God. Kriya meditation, with God as the goal.

I have only been able to do it for under ten minutes at a time, so far. But even though that's almost nothing compared to the goal of two hours per day, I already feel a tangible sense of being protected from certain things.

Latest posts

Back