Dating older women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obvious thing to point out, but it's going to be a problem if you ever want kids
(predictably feminists criticise men for making this a priority...)

Iceman1978 said:
So I'm watching Family Guy and during the commercial break they have an ad for one of dating websites for older women looking for younger men. They've got a good commercial. In one scene they show a young woman poking fun at her date because he works with computers. Then the older woman steps in and reminds her that she's folding sweaters for a living. Funny commercial, but I don't think I would go with a dating website.

I'm wondering though if maybe I should just try and date older women since they have less drama, they're usually more mature, and know what they want. What do you guys think? You think I would have any luck trying to meet an older woman?
Now this is definitely an interesting subject :) I enjoyed reading all the replies to this .. Just to let you guys know that not all ''older'' ladies have baggage and not all ''older'' ladies have child-bearing scars.. some of us have never had children - are rather happy this way, we still work out at the gym and have a lot more energy than most of the ''younger'' ladies.. :) We don't have mood-swings and are rather normal :)

Iceman1978 said:
So I'm watching Family Guy and during the commercial break they have an ad for one of dating websites for older women looking for younger men. They've got a good commercial. In one scene they show a young woman poking fun at her date because he works with computers. Then the older woman steps in and reminds her that she's folding sweaters for a living. Funny commercial, but I don't think I would go with a dating website.

I'm wondering though if maybe I should just try and date older women since they have less drama, they're usually more mature, and know what they want. What do you guys think? You think I would have any luck trying to meet an older woman?
Oh and I almost forgot -- some of us don't even look our age :)

Drew88 said:
nerdygirl said:
Kids are, "baggage"? That's insulting.

Does not change the fact that it is true.

Baggage? Maybe read your "Drew's Thoughts" link back to yourself and consider who's the person carrying the baggage.

Lippy_Kid said:
Baggage? Maybe read your "Drew's Thoughts" link back to yourself and consider who's the person carrying the baggage.

We all have eyes, mouths, noses, butt holes, and baggage my friend including urself.

Btw I stand by my statements and I have the experiences to back it up, you want to try to be politically correct bout it then whatever makes u sleep kid

Drew88 said:
nerdygirl said:

This is a term guys use who don't want to deal with something that doesn't interest him. Kinda selfish.

Having said that at least it's a warning that they're not up for fatherhood; get rid, move on.

9006 said:
Drew88 said:
nerdygirl said:

This is a term guys use who don't want to deal with something that doesn't interest him. Kinda selfish.

Having said that at least it's a warning that they're not up for fatherhood; get rid, move on.

Not true. that just a woman, way of dismiss the fact that she brings something extra to the table. Just because they accept it, or are a father doesn't change the fact that it is an issue that has to be dealt with. It arises alot more issues then a natural parent, which sucks because so many natural parents just suck.

Also the woman who I last dated had a child her herself called him baggage, a burden and I have heard other women say the same so your point is mute

Drew88 said:
Lippy_Kid said:

We all have eyes, mouths, noses, butt holes, and baggage my friend including urself.

Btw I stand by my statements and I have the experiences to back it up, you want to try to be politically correct bout it then whatever makes u sleep kid

I have two kids myself, and been on both sides of the situation in the past. You can see them as a burden or a challenge or an opportunity, choice is yours. I just know if I told my eldest what you label him, he'd probably chuckle and call you a tool.

Plenty of step parents in the world see their step kids as enriching their life so generalise away, it only reflects further on your limitations.

Lippy_Kid said:
Drew88 said:
Lippy_Kid said:

I have two kids myself, and been on both sides of the situation in the past. You can see them as a burden or a challenge or an opportunity, choice is yours. I just know if I told my eldest what you label him, he'd probably chuckle and call you a tool.

Plenty of step parents in the world see their step kids as enriching their life so generalise away, it only reflects further on your limitations.

Good for him.
Baggage don't always mean negative

Definition of baggage: past experiences or long-held ideas regarded as burdens and impediments.

No. You cannot say it is a "truth" that kids are baggage. It is an opinion. There are people out there who see a woman's child(ren) as a ready made family, and they're glad she has them.

nerdygirl said:
Definition of baggage: past experiences or long-held ideas regarded as burdens and impediments.

No. You cannot say it is a "truth" that kids are baggage. It is an opinion. There are people out there who see a woman's child(ren) as a ready made family, and they're glad she has them.

Yes, I can and I will.

Yea, they are people who may see that. But the fact still doesn't go away that there ARE issues that still arise and impediments that do effect the relationship. I speak from experiences, witnessing, and asking.

Drew88 said:
nerdygirl said:

Yes, I can and I will.

Yea, they are people who may see that. But the fact still doesn't go away that there ARE issues that still arise and impediments that do effect the relationship. I speak from experiences, witnessing, and asking.

I see. So when other people have a different opinion than you, they're wrong because it's not your opinion. Your opinion equals truth. Whatever...

Just because your ex was cruel enough to call her own children "baggage" and a "burden" does not mean that it's a universal truth that everyone considers children in that same way. Sure, it is an issue to be talked about, but that does not mean it's baggage.

Continue to argue experience if you want, it means little because anyone who considers children a burden isn't worth arguing with anyway.

Locke said:
Drew88 said:
nerdygirl said:

Yes, I can and I will.

I see. So when other people have a different opinion than you, they're wrong because it's not your opinion. Your opinion equals truth. Whatever...

Just because your ex was cruel enough to call her own children "baggage" and a "burden" does not mean that it's a universal truth that everyone considers children in that same way. Sure, it is an issue to be talked about, but that does not mean it's baggage.

Continue to argue experience if you want, it means little because anyone who considers children a burden isn't worth arguing with anyway.

Take me out of it for a sec. My experience and what I have even witness still doesn't effect what others have experience and witness themselves to draw the same conclusion. I am calling a spade a spade. Having said that, that doesn't mean you can not work with it for a positive out come.

Edit: she said I could not say that, I said Yes I could. That is that.

Wait, hold on a second I'm am really confused. Are you saying that because your ex called her children a burden and baggage that everyone must consider children the same way? Is that what you think because if you do your "truth" is flawed. It's those that are unfit to be a parent who considers their own children that way and shouldn't have been a parent in the first place. That's my opinion and in most cases would be true but certainly isn't the truth.

Sci-Fi said:
Wait, hold on a second I'm am really confused. Are you saying that because your ex called her children a burden and baggage that everyone must consider children the same way? Is that what you think because if you do your "truth" is flawed. It's those that are unfit to be a parent who considers their own children that way and shouldn't have been a parent in the first place. That's my opinion and in most cases would be true but certainly isn't the truth.

I am saying that a when it comes to a single parent looking for a partner it is, to the degree can be arguable.

No, I am not just talking about my ex.

My mom raised my brother and I on her own and she would never ever have considered us a burden or baggage, if she dated a guy who couldn't accept her children came first he was the baggage and burden. So argue away all you want about that point but it just isn't true, and I know having been raised my entire life in a single parent home.

Drew88 said:
I am saying that a when it comes to a single parent looking for a partner it is, to the degree can be arguable.

The problem people have with the comment is plain and simply it's a derogatory term for children. You are labelling all single parent kids as baggage. Saying a person having kids is something to consider and discuss when entering a relationship is fair enough but to call them Baggage is insulting, especially to anyone who has them or was brought up in a single parent family. The fact is its a blanket term that offends and simplifies a persons kids into a burden. You call all kids baggage, you call all women bitches or all men bastards, same line of thought. There's a reason it's insulting... it shows ignorance.

Disagreeing with you also does not automatically make someone 'politically correct', stop with that annoying argument too.

Lippy_Kid said:
Drew88 said:

The problem people have with the comment is plain and simply it's a derogatory term for children. You are labelling all single parent kids as baggage. Saying a person having kids is something to consider and discuss when entering a relationship is fair enough but to call them Baggage is insulting, especially to anyone who has them or was brought up in a single parent family. The fact is its a blanket term that offends and simplifies a persons kids into a burden. You call all kids baggage, you call all women bitches or all men bastards, same line of thought. There's a reason it's insulting... it shows ignorance.

Disagreeing with you also does not automatically make someone 'politically correct', stop with that annoying argument too.

People are miserable and mean, and apparently a little too sensitive in some cases. If you and others find it offensive, then then then so be it. Also just because you find quote execptions End quote, doesn't mean they define the question. The majority defines the question and the majority unfortunately sucks. Sorry it to be true. The ignorance label is just just a way for you to say that from your prospective I do not know what I am talking about when in reality I do. Life is a *****, it all depends how you handle that.

Drew88 said:
Lippy_Kid said:
Drew88 said:

People are miserable and mean, and apparently a little too sensitive in some cases. If you and others find it offensive, then then then so be it. Also just because you find quote execptions End quote, doesn't mean they define the question. The majority defines the question and the majority unfortunately sucks. Sorry it to be true. The ignorance label is just just a way for you to say that from your prospective I do not know what I am talking about when in reality I do. Life is a *****, it all depends how you handle that.

My "prospective" hmmm. Well I'll take the fact your response degenerated into gibberish and repeating words as you having gotten yourself all hot under the collar.

As you say.... "Then then then so be it" we'll leave it at that.

Latest posts

Back