Dating older women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems like a bit of a paradox to me, if there's people who'd call children baggage, then aren't they baggage themselves?
After all such a person obviously has a rather derogatory view on children, then why when looking for a partner would they consider someone with children to be a candidate?
It's a rather egocentric frame of mind to be in, the kind that clashes with living with children since the only way to live with children is to put them first, it seems to me such a person should search for someone with a similar view, and not look for people with what they perceive as an obstacle of sorts.
In that way they won't have to worry about baggage.

Sometimes it's like people want to raise an argument just so they can stalwartly defend their personal point of view
*shrug*

Drew88 said:
Lippy_Kid said:
"Then then then so be it" we'll leave it at that.

Agreed

PS, no one is hot here ;)
What are we talking about here .. was it not about dating older women?? :) How did it get to - no one being hot here?? :) By the way mentioning the word "baggage''' is just a phrase that the majority of people use, I don't think it should be taken up as an insult or wrongful saying, it's just what it is ..

Susana said:
Drew88 said:
Lippy_Kid said:

Agreed

What are we talking about here .. was it not about dating older women?? :) How did it get to - no one being hot here?? :) By the way mentioning the word "baggage''' is just a phrase that the majority of people use, I don't think it should be taken up as an insult or wrongful saying, it's just what it is ..

*hot under the collar.

Drew88 said:
Susana said:
Drew88 said:
Lippy_Kid said:

Agreed

*hot under the collar.
:) :) oh .. ok .... my bad ...

[qoute]Just because she's an "older woman" doesn't mean she's drama free. And it could also mean she comes with a lot of baggage, aka kids, divorces, being scalded by an ex badly, ect.

There also are younger women out there who can appreciate a good man, who are mature in their own right, and have their lives together.

You are looking for the quality in a woman, explore her personailty and ways of life. You can't gauge that on age.[/qoute]

You are absolutly right i am totally agree with you, How can people judge on basis of age........
(*removed*)

And since the spammer bumped the thread, I'll add my two cents.
:D Older women (at least this one) generally know what they're about and what they want.
They've also (in most cases) been around long enough to recognize a quality man when they see one.
We've usually learned from past mistakes and try not to repeat them. I have to say that I'd probably be
better in a relationship today than I ever have been.

Like I said... just my two cents...

Nothing wrong with a younger man dating an older woman in my opinion.
In the end it depends entirely on personality.
The maturity level of people can vary dramatically no matter the age and so do their interests and aspirations in life.

Older women I've come across always seem to be nicer to me then younger women. More down to earth, laid back, good with compliments and not with insults. These aren't old ladies that I speak of either. Some of them are not old at all and they look great! Bit like the ladies on here :D

What makes a quality man?

I've been told so many times that I'm unsuitable for a relationship, that I don't believe I'm quality.

so… just to keep this going on… what do you guys like in older women? and what don't you like?

Probably the oldest woman I'd go for would be about 10 years older than me. I'm generally only attracted to women in the 25-35 age range, but I might go as high as 37 if it's the right person. It's never been the right person, however.

Peaches said:
so… just to keep this going on… what do you guys like in older women? and what don't you like?

I like the fact that older women aren't empty, vapid, girly little 19 yr-olds who only care about what Rihanna did yesterday. Who only wear the most fashionable clothing, etc. I can't ******* stand girls in the 18-22 age range. Don't get me wrong; I'm physically attracted to women that young, but goddamn... there's no way I could date a woman that young. Call me shallow, but women in their mid-20s and older generally have more common sense, have a basic understanding of what's going on in the world, and they aren't constantly bored with life, as I find many young women are.

Also, older women have generally gone through more serious relationships (or even marriages), and have a more realistic, practical, (and perhaps cynical) view of romance. I like that. Being able to operate successfully in a relationship takes practice, and older women have more practice. It's that simple.

Older women also usually are more focused on their careers and their own interests. I don't want to be with a high-maintenance 20 yr-old girl who can't keep herself entertained. I'm a busy guy; I have my own life. I prefer to be with women who are in the same situation and who understand that I don't hate them just because I haven't texted them in 12 hours. There's no way I'm going to date a girl who just has to go out to a bar/club every night or be constantly doing something "fun." Maybe I'm an old coot, but that's just not what I'm into.

Older women aren't necessarily looking for marriage, whereas in my experience, younger women are constantly on the prowl for a husband. Older women are more willing to move slowly in a relationship. They can have sex without thinking it automatically means the two of you are pair-bonded for life or that there's any deeper meaning or element of the sacred to it. They aren't looking for a knight in shining armor anymore.

And that's a good thing, because in this scenario I'm a ******* magister or something.

And I have magical powers.

Latest posts

Back