Dating sites made me feel even worse about my chances

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I might try doing this again. Gonna try to take it a little more seriously this time and see what happens. If I'm wasting my time oh well. It's worth a go. I've been conditioned to not care about rejection anymore so yay. :O

kamya said:
I think I might try doing this again. Gonna try to take it a little more seriously this time and see what happens. If I'm wasting my time oh well. It's worth a go. I've been conditioned to not care about rejection anymore so yay. :O

Yay you!! Fingers crossed😸

sk66rc said:
I've tried a dating site once... It was hilarious... I went on 2 dates & both of them turned out to be something out of horror stories... I'm sure there are some legitimately good people on it for a legitimate reasons... I think it's more of a shot in the dark... There's an old saying, "If you shoot high enough, it's more likely that you'll hit something even on your way down"... I think it's more of a number game as far as online dating goes... You'll have to sort through a lot of people to get to that right one, even more or so than the "off the grid" dating... One of the dates I went on, she starting talking about marriage on our 3rd date... Not that she asked me to marry her, she asked me how I felt about marriage & how many kids I would want if I got married... How many dates would it be enough to consider marriages & stuff like that...

That's so scary... I once had a date with a woman from one of these sites who proceeded to open conversation on our first date by setting out her "5 year plan" and she wanted to explore where I thought I would fit. Needless to say, I was counting down the minutes until I felt it was acceptable to run for the exit. I'm holding out hope that I will not encounter that again on future dates. But do let us know how you do with the online dating thingy!

Might try it once I have a job. We'll see. But there has to be someone on there that has at least the potential to make me really like them. I've been checking the free sites from time to time, and unfortunately, no one really catches my eye on there as of yet, both in terms of looks and in stuff we have in common. I find it hard to believe that so few people have interests like mine, I don't think I am that rare of a person. I don't want to date someone that I will only ever feel lukewarm about. It would be hard to be seriously interested in such a person when I know there are girls out there who do in fact have everything I'm looking for.

jaguarundi said:
kamya said:

Yay you!! Fingers crossed😸

^^ Yes, this.

Nightwing said:
That's so scary... I once had a date with a woman from one of these sites who proceeded to open conversation on our first date by setting out her "5 year plan" and she wanted to explore where I thought I would fit. Needless to say, I was counting down the minutes until I felt it was acceptable to run for the exit. I'm holding out hope that I will not encounter that again on future dates. But do let us know how you do with the online dating thingy!
A lot of crazies out there. I hear it's even worse if you use Craigslist. I might give it another go just for laughs. I don't expect much as far attention what with not being of the top 10% and all, but hey, it'll help pass the time until I build my new system. Someone should create a thread for this.

Holy crap...!!! Where do I begin... About 3 month into posting on the site, I got an email from a woman... In her email, along with some standard introduction that lead into her telling me little about herself... I thought to myself the email looked normal enough so I decided to respond to her... I believe it was around 2 weeks of going back & forth by emails & finally decided to start talking on the phone... So I gave her my cell phone number... About 2 hours after I sent her the email with my cell phone number, I get ca call from a number I didn't recognize... So I thought to myself this must be her... I answer the phone & we started talking... She sounded very nice... She had one of those voices that only way I can describe is, relaxing... So at the end of the conversation, we decided to meet at Starbucks... She said she lived about 45 minutes away... We decided to meet at 3:30... I get there around 3:25 & sat outside... About 10 minutes later, I see a girl walk up with a smile... We started talking & we seem to hit it off very well until....... She says she nees to goto the bathroom... Starbucks we went to has one of those bathrooms that have joining walls, thin one at that, between men's & a women's bathroom... I figured while she's in the bathroom, I'd go do my thing in the bathroom, too... I found out how thin the wall was when I walked in... I can hear a conversation she was having on a toilet... First thought was, she's calling her friend about the date... Then I heard her start to raise her voice... She said something about how big of an ass-hole I was... What she was saying about me just kept getting worse from there... I got outta the bathroom & went outside to wait for her to come out... When she came back out, she couldn't be nicer to me... I pretended that I didn't hear her conversation & asked her if she wanted to get together again... 2 days later, we met up at a small diner & decided to get something to eat... In the middle of our dinner, a woman comes into the diner, walks up right to our table, turns to my date & says, "I thought so... You're such a *****...!!!" Then gives me a dirty look & walks out... Here, turns out, the girl I went out on date with, let's call her girl A, was the friend of the girl I was exchanging emails with, let's call her girl B... Girl B sent her friend, girl A, out to see if I was type that the girl B would like & if I was, she would say I wasn't her type but would set me up with girl B... To make already a long story short, girl A & I were getting along so well that she decided to tell girl B that I was an ass so we could keep dating... I ended up being a bad guy & was called everything bad under the sun by girl B without even dating a girl once, basically I got yell yet by a stranger for being an *******, lol... Then the girl A started to blame me for the ruined friendship... Needless to say, we went our separate ways... Then about 4 month after that, another girl emailed me & she's the one who started talking about merriages... I thought may be she had weird sense of communicating or expressing her thoughts... On our 5th date, she told me she wanted to go on window shopping for wedding dress & asked me if I wanted to come with her... I said I couldn't... I've gotten 7 calls in 2 days & I thought something didn't feel right... We went out separate ways & never heard from her again, so I thought... One day, as I was getting out of my work, I saw her across the parking lot leaning on her car staring at me... I just got in my car & drove off... Never seen her since...

Forever Misanthrope said:
A lot of crazies out there. I hear it's even worse if you use Craigslist. I might give it another go just for laughs. I don't expect much as far attention what with not being of the top 10% and all, but hey, it'll help pass the time until I build my new system. Someone should create a thread for this.

There a lot of DECENT people out there too if only people would give them a chance. You should NEVER just join for a laugh that is cruel and unkind.

sk66rc said:
Holy crap...!!! Where do I begin... About 3 month into posting on the site, I got an email from a woman... In her email, along with some standard introduction that lead into her telling me little about herself... I thought to myself the email looked normal enough so I decided to respond to her... I believe it was around 2 weeks of going back & forth by emails & finally decided to start talking on the phone... So I gave her my cell phone number... About 2 hours after I sent her the email with my cell phone number, I get ca call from a number I didn't recognize... So I thought to myself this must be her... I answer the phone & we started talking... She sounded very nice... She had one of those voices that only way I can describe is, relaxing... So at the end of the conversation, we decided to meet at Starbucks... She said she lived about 45 minutes away... We decided to meet at 3:30... I get there around 3:25 & sat outside... About 10 minutes later, I see a girl walk up with a smile... We started talking & we seem to hit it off very well until....... She says she nees to goto the bathroom... Starbucks we went to has one of those bathrooms that have joining walls, thin one at that, between men's & a women's bathroom... I figured while she's in the bathroom, I'd go do my thing in the bathroom, too... I found out how thin the wall was when I walked in... I can hear a conversation she was having on a toilet... First thought was, she's calling her friend about the date... Then I heard her start to raise her voice... She said something about how big of an ass-hole I was... What she was saying about me just kept getting worse from there... I got outta the bathroom & went outside to wait for her to come out... When she came back out, she couldn't be nicer to me... I pretended that I didn't hear her conversation & asked her if she wanted to get together again... 2 days later, we met up at a small diner & decided to get something to eat... In the middle of our dinner, a woman comes into the diner, walks up right to our table, turns to my date & says, "I thought so... You're such a *****...!!!" Then gives me a dirty look & walks out... Here, turns out, the girl I went out on date with, let's call her girl A, was the friend of the girl I was exchanging emails with, let's call her girl B... Girl B sent her friend, girl A, out to see if I was type that the girl B would like & if I was, she would say I wasn't her type but would set me up with girl B... To make already a long story short, girl A & I were getting along so well that she decided to tell girl B that I was an ass so we could keep dating... I ended up being a bad guy & was called everything bad under the sun by girl B without even dating a girl once, basically I got yell yet by a stranger for being an *******, lol... Then the girl A started to blame me for the ruined friendship... Needless to say, we went our separate ways... Then about 4 month after that, another girl emailed me & she's the one who started talking about merriages... I thought may be she had weird sense of communicating or expressing her thoughts... On our 5th date, she told me she wanted to go on window shopping for wedding dress & asked me if I wanted to come with her... I said I couldn't... I've gotten 7 calls in 2 days & I thought something didn't feel right... We went out separate ways & never heard from her again, so I thought... One day, as I was getting out of my work, I saw her across the parking lot leaning on her car staring at me... I just got in my car & drove off... Never seen her since...

Wow.... I have no words.

Ladies, please don't act like this. (Like either girl A or girl B lol) Please.

kamya said:

Good luck :)

I've tried and am still currently trying out dating sites myself. I get hardly any responses, not sure why, but I think it's because I may actually put some effort into my profile.

Maybe instead of putting so much down on my profile, I should put half as much and keep the rest a mystery.

Good luck if you're trying them again though!

sk66rc said:
Yup. That seals it. Definitely doing this for laughs only. Not trying to end up on Dateline.

Lol... Don't get me wrong... I'm pretty sure every horror story I have, there are people out there that have very positive experience with it... It just feels as though I couldn't be that lucky... It just made me shy away from "on line" dating sites because of those experiences... I'm thinking about trying it again just for shits & giggles... If nothing else, I'd end up with good stories... For what it's worth, I've been told I have warped sense of humor & I'm not sure if that's why I can't stop laughing whenever I think back on those dates...

TheSkaFish said:
Might try it once I have a job. We'll see. But there has to be someone on there that has at least the potential to make me really like them. I've been checking the free sites from time to time, and unfortunately, no one really catches my eye on there as of yet, both in terms of looks and in stuff we have in common. I find it hard to believe that so few people have interests like mine, I don't think I am that rare of a person. I don't want to date someone that I will only ever feel lukewarm about. It would be hard to be seriously interested in such a person when I know there are girls out there who do in fact have everything I'm looking for.

I think you are being just a little too picky. You aren't dating someone for life, you're dating to get to know them. That's when you can figure out if you could be seriously interested in someone. You aren't going to get the big picture based on a few paragraphs and a couple of selfies.

∆ Good point Kamya. Aside from anything else a huge list of 'musts' is limiting. You need to have things to discover together, as a couple. My 2nd and I developed an interest in looking around old churches (OK you younglings but it suited us:p) and old castles, that kind of thing. We learned about these things together which was part of the joy of it😻

what I hate about dating sites ?
Where to start ?
I hate the way they send you fake messages and interest just to get you to pay money to see them. Of course they are all fake and it's a con to get your money.
Once you are paid up, the only messages will be from 'Russian scammers' or bog standard ones sent from women who send them to everyone !
The further away a woman is, the more interested she is.
The pointless exercise of writing messages to women and not getting replies.
If you do get a reply it's only out of politeness and it will quickly fade away
Whatever I write, whatever I say, it will never be good enough

I know people do meet people on dating sites and hey I am glad for them. But it's not for me !
tried it, never again ! I prefer to meet women the old fashioned way !

kamya said:
I think you are being just a little too picky. You aren't dating someone for life, you're dating to get to know them. That's when you can figure out if you could be seriously interested in someone. You aren't going to get the big picture based on a few paragraphs and a couple of selfies.

jaguarundi said:
∆ Good point Kamya. Aside from anything else a huge list of 'musts' is limiting. You need to have things to discover together, as a couple. My 2nd and I developed an interest in looking around old churches (OK you younglings but it suited us:p) and old castles, that kind of thing. We learned about these things together which was part of the joy of it😻

^ What they said.

Also, old churches and castles are awesome. =]

Latest posts

Back