Deal Breakers

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I tolerated these things from my ex of 4 years. So, I would consider these things deal breakers if I were to ever meet and try again with someone new.
1) Being taken for granted.
2) passive-aggressive behaviour
3) Being manipulated/gaslighted
4) someone with a victim mentality - (it's always someone else' fault)
5) emotional/physical neglect

Oldyoung said:
Self-righteousness. When there's no room for discussion.

Power struggles. When a small disagreement affects every aspect of the relationship, not just what the issue is about. Don't agree with me about what to have for dinner? Then I will disagree with you about what to do this weekend, to punish you.

Sometimes said:
Oldyoung, yeah, that power struggle and punishment thing, that's so passive aggressive. Passive aggression is out out out.

^These.

People who confuse criticism, contempt, and being mean, for intelligence, sophistication, and maturity.

Also not a huge fan of people that are really into survival of the fittest, social hierarchies, etc.

I accept that these things exist, but I don't like it. The people that actually like that it is this way, I feel, are cold and cruel.

And people who NEED teasing, or else they think I'm weak/boring/not man enough. I just don't see why everything has to be a power struggle or a dominance game, a game of one-upmanship. I don't want to always have to be on my toes, that sounds like work. And I'm looking for someone I can let down my guard with, not someone I'll have to keep my guard up for all the time. That's kind of the whole point for me.

Also not a fan of people who are always sarcastic and facetious, as I've said before. Especially with this new subculture of meme kids and shitposting. I don't like it...it's like, how about instead of mocking and deriding everything and having an endless class clown competition/circle jerk, how about you actually get into something?

Actually like something. Have a sincere thought. Be about something. ****!

Someone who's not independent I do like a bit of a challenge.Not to submissive.
Arguing I hate it.

Beautiful story: A girl a friend was dating told him that if they were together, she should be able to take a honeysuckle on him. That's not a sick joke either : literally do a no.2 on him, or else he doesn't care about her (!)

A deal breaker to end all deal breakers.

ardour said:
Beautiful story: A girl a friend was dating told him that if they were together, she should be able to take a honeysuckle on him. That's not a sick joke either :  literally do a no.2 on him, or else he doesn't care about her (!)

God, that's horrible.

Meth - not even once.

ardour said:
Beautiful story: A girl a friend was dating told him that if they were together, she should be able to take a honeysuckle on him. That's not a sick joke either :  literally do a no.2 on him, or else he doesn't care about her (!)

There is a whole list of fetishes I could list, but I won't because they are cringe worthy.

Scat is definitely one of them. And how anyone could involve their mouth with it, I will never understand.

(no offense, fetishists)

TheSkaFish said:
Meth - not even once.

I could add this, as well.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
ardour said:

There is a whole list of fetishes I could list, but I won't because they are cringe worthy.

Scat is definitely one of them. And how anyone could involve their mouth with it, I will never understand.

Funny, he didn't seem to think it was a fetish, although that's what I assumed.   Apparently she got "offended" and stormed off when he laughed and told her 'that's not happening'. Dodged a cruise missile.

Funny, he didn't seem to think it was a fetish, although that's what I assumed.   Apparently she got "offended" and stormed off when he laughed and told her 'that's not happening'. Dodged a cruise missile.

I can understand how someone would feel this was someone ******* with them, for giggles. Holy fresia, though. Good riddance, crazy lady haha.

Treats me like I'm fragile, and like my feelings will be hurt if he disagrees or jokes with me...after I've proven I'm good.

Likes wearing masks

iu

Unable to be loyal or i am unable to be myself around them (although thats more my problem that it is theirs)

Finished said:
AmyTheTemperamental said:
Treats me like I'm fragile, and like my feelings will be hurt if he disagrees or jokes with me...after I've proven I'm good.

I didn't hurt your feelings did I? Oh, crap, I should have just done it and not said anything! Is it too late now? Crap I just did it again. Ummm..... Are we good? ........... Ahhhh ......... Hello! Ha! Ha!

[img=320x320]https://external-content.duckduckgo.../09/emoji-sheepish.png?ssl=1&f=1&nofb=1[/img]

You? You're a sweetheart. I can't imagine you hurting my one feeling. But I can pretend for a little while, if it helps :D

^ Yes, can you please pretend to cry all night long as if I devastated your world like a first crush ending. It helps if you include a stuff animal of some sort in there too some how. Ha! Ha!

Actually I saw that really cool emoji when I was looking for something else funny and wanted to build something around it. I tried to feel how it appears. It's impressive how much emotion that emoji actually shows.

Latest posts

Back