decided something

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

investor

Reaction score
My life is too uneventful and boring. I'm a junior in college and the way the economy is there are not going to be any jobs. If there are any jobs, I will have to work a 9-5 and that will really suck since I have no friends. So I decided that in a year or perhaps after my masters in accounting, I'll join the army. They'll pay all my debt, and I'll make friends from the bond we share. If I die, I won't be depressed anymore, and If I make it through I'll become a better person who maybe women will like me then.
What do you think of this plan?

If you get a master degree. You will be an officer. You can fly a jet and go bomb or luach missels to kill people. :p
You only need a bachelor degree to be a pilot or an officer.

Being in the military had it's pros and cons.
I joined the USAF. I made a lot of good freind while in the military.
The USAF has the best accomidations or living facilities.
Plus the dorm i was living in was co-Ed..
The women on the second floor. The dudes on the top and bottom...lmao
My had my own dorm room as if I was living at the holiday inn :p (my room mate lived off base)
Heck...we even had maid service....lmao

After i got married...I had an option of living on base housing or off base.
We choose to live off base becuase the **** jets after burners...drove my wife crazy. lmao
She used to scream as loud as she can when we used to have sex in my dorm room....while the jets where taking off.lol
I recieved housing allowence, food allowence and cost of living adjustments...Bascailly all bills paid.:p
My base paid was spending money as always...lmao
Nope you won't be a millionair..but all of your basic needs are met. Therefore the finacial stress is releaved.

You become a part of something and have a common purpose.
You build a bond and compassion for one another.
It was almost like a 8-5 job. There's Air Force Bases every where in the USA and around the world.
There was a waiting list to get into the air force...I had to wait six months.
I imagine the military needs accountance to keep track of all of their spendings at local level and international level.
A military base is like a self supporting world...There's various jobs available.
Some people join the military to get college tuitions. The G.I. bill.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Yeap..some women fines a man in uniform attractive...becuase
of the self discipline, integrity, honor, pride, courage, respect, duty that the military trains a person.
I was Mr. fucken clean cut...even my civilian clothing was maintained almost perfect.
Simple things such as my manicure wasn't over looked...My hands and nails were clean.
Women likes clean guys with clean hands to roll around in bed with.
I got into habits of taking a show 3 times a day...moring, after work and before bed.
My life was structured or very orginized.
My house or room wasn't a fucken mess. I even dust the windows and shine the freaken door knob.lol
There's no freaken a trace of dust in my room...even in the little coners or on top of the door.
I knew how to take care of myself..
I did my own laundry, iron my own clothe, washed my own dishes.
My sports car even had a spit shine on it...just like my boots.lol
I didn't need a mommy to cook and clean up my mess. Therefore I attracted women.
Plus I was built or buff. I have a nice firm body.lol

I'm also an Air Force brate...My father is also an Air Force vet. We're an Air Force family.

Depends on you I guess.For me,I guess I will need to build my fitness up to be in the army because right now,I look like a walking bamboo.So fitness is one question.

You can also find a job that interests you.Why not go into interviews and you maybe able to get into it?

investor said:
My life is too uneventful and boring. I'm a junior in college and the way the economy is there are not going to be any jobs. If there are any jobs, I will have to work a 9-5 and that will really suck since I have no friends. So I decided that in a year or perhaps after my masters in accounting, I'll join the army. They'll pay all my debt, and I'll make friends from the bond we share. If I die, I won't be depressed anymore, and If I make it through I'll become a better person who maybe women will like me then.

eerrr.....have you actually researched your decision enough?
Take a bit of advice from a military spouse - take a harder look at the facts.

See below.

From the US Department of Labor
(This is only a portion of the article. I've listed the source website at the end of the article.)

Job Outlook
Strong growth of accountants and auditor jobs over the 2006-16 decade is expected to result from stricter accounting and auditing regulations, along with an expanding economy. The best job prospects will be for accountants and auditors who have a college degree or any certification, but especially a CPA.
Employment change. Employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow by 18 percent between 2006 and 2016, which is faster than the average for all occupations. This occupation will have a very large number of new jobs arise, almost 226,000 over the projections decade.

As the economy grows, the number of business establishments will increase, requiring more accountants and auditors to set up books, prepare taxes, and provide management advice.
An increased need for accountants and auditors also will arise from changes in legislation related to taxes, financial reporting standards, business investments, mergers, and other financial events.

These changes are expected to lead to increased scrutiny of company finances and accounting procedures and should create opportunities for accountants and auditors, particularly CPAs, to audit financial records more thoroughly. Management accountants and internal auditors increasingly will also be needed to discover and eliminate fraud before audits, and ensure that important processes and procedures are documented accurately and thoroughly. Also, efforts to make government agencies more efficient and accountable will increase demand for government accountants.

Job prospects. Overall, job opportunities for accountants and auditors should be favorable. Those who earn a CPA should have excellent job prospects. After most States instituted the 150-hour rule for CPAs, enrollment in accounting programs declined. However, enrollment is again growing as more students have become attracted to the profession by the attention from the accounting scandals.

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos001.htm

investor said:

I'm thinking the same..

EveWasFramed said:
investor said:

eerrr.....have you actually researched your decision enough?
Take a bit of advice from a military spouse - take a harder look at the facts.

See below.

From the US Department of Labor
(This is only a portion of the article. I've listed the source website at the end of the article.)

Job Outlook
Strong growth of accountants and auditor jobs over the 2006-16 decade is expected to result from stricter accounting and auditing regulations, along with an expanding economy. The best job prospects will be for accountants and auditors who have a college degree or any certification, but especially a CPA.
Employment change. Employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow by 18 percent between 2006 and 2016, which is faster than the average for all occupations. This occupation will have a very large number of new jobs arise, almost 226,000 over the projections decade.

As the economy grows, the number of business establishments will increase, requiring more accountants and auditors to set up books, prepare taxes, and provide management advice.
An increased need for accountants and auditors also will arise from changes in legislation related to taxes, financial reporting standards, business investments, mergers, and other financial events.

These changes are expected to lead to increased scrutiny of company finances and accounting procedures and should create opportunities for accountants and auditors, particularly CPAs, to audit financial records more thoroughly. Management accountants and internal auditors increasingly will also be needed to discover and eliminate fraud before audits, and ensure that important processes and procedures are documented accurately and thoroughly. Also, efforts to make government agencies more efficient and accountable will increase demand for government accountants.

Job prospects. Overall, job opportunities for accountants and auditors should be favorable. Those who earn a CPA should have excellent job prospects. After most States instituted the 150-hour rule for CPAs, enrollment in accounting programs declined. However, enrollment is again growing as more students have become attracted to the profession by the attention from the accounting scandals.

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos001.htm

Yea, I know it seems good but hiring is down across the board; interviews are harder to come by; also auditing is really boring mostly compliance work; I'd rather do tax myself. It's going to be really lonely any route I go

Lonesome Crow said:
If you get a master degree. You will be an officer. You can fly a jet and go bomb or luach missels to kill people. :p
You only need a bachelor degree to be a pilot or an officer.

Being in the military had it's pros and cons.
I joined the USAF. I made a lot of good freind while in the military.
The USAF has the best accomidations or living facilities.
Plus the dorm i was living in was co-Ed..
The women on the second floor. The dudes on the top and bottom...lmao
My had my own dorm room as if I was living at the holiday inn :p (my room mate lived off base)
Heck...we even had maid service....lmao

After i got married...I had an option of living on base housing or off base.
We choose to live off base becuase the **** jets after burners...drove my wife crazy. lmao
She used to scream as loud as she can when we used to have sex in my dorm room....while the jets where taking off.lol
I recieved housing allowence, food allowence and cost of living adjustments...Bascailly all bills paid.:p
My base paid was spending money as always...lmao
Nope you won't be a millionair..but all of your basic needs are met. Therefore the finacial stress is releaved.

You become a part of something and have a common purpose.
You build a bond and compassion for one another.
It was almost like a 8-5 job. There's Air Force Bases every where in the USA and around the world.
There was a waiting list to get into the air force...I had to wait six months.
I imagine the military needs accountance to keep track of all of their spendings at local level and international level.
A military base is like a self supporting world...There's various jobs available.
Some people join the military to get college tuitions. The G.I. bill.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Yeap..some women fines a man in uniform attractive...becuase
of the self discipline, integrity, honor, pride, courage, respect, duty that the military trains a person.
I was Mr. fucken clean cut...even my civilian clothing was maintained almost perfect.
Simple things such as my manicure wasn't over looked...My hands and nails were clean.
Women likes clean guys with clean hands to roll around in bed with.
I got into habits of taking a show 3 times a day...moring, after work and before bed.
My life was structured or very orginized.
My house or room wasn't a fucken mess. I even dust the windows and shine the freaken door knob.lol
There's no freaken a trace of dust in my room...even in the little coners or on top of the door.
I knew how to take care of myself..
I did my own laundry, iron my own clothe, washed my own dishes.
My sports car even had a spit shine on it...just like my boots.lol
I didn't need a mommy to cook and clean up my mess. Therefore I attracted women.
Plus I was built or buff. I have a nice firm body.lol

I'm also an Air Force brate...My father is also an Air Force vet. We're an Air Force family.

Hey can you tell me how much money it's possible to allocate to a stock account after expenses after the 4 year active duty in your opinion?

It doesn't sound like such a bad plan. Just remember though, there's a possible chance you will have to go to war, and not everyone dies. You may experience things that would make the depression you have now, worse.

investor said:
Hey can you tell me how much money it's possible to allocate to a stock account after expenses after the 4 year active duty in your opinion?

I can't tell you becuase it's been a long time since I've been
in the military. With a master degree and some leadership
skills/training you'll get from the military..you'll have the hallmark
of a CEO. My rank was only an E4, I wasn't an officer.

My father was a VP or a CEO of a company with only a bachelor
degree after his military discharge. He served in the Veitnam War.
He's fields was communications.

I only have an associate..but I hold middle management posistions.
I worked directly under the owner of the company I worked for.
My salary was over $60,000 when I was only 23 at a corporation I was employed at.
I bascailly work or took orders directly from the plant manager or VP of operations.
The title I had was the procument cordinator..lmao
I was responsible for all supplies/materials coming in and out of that plant.
Anywhere from toilet paper to a 5 million dallor piece of euipment.
I get to sign my John Doe on million dallor purchase orders.
woo hooo...I like to shop..lmao

The title I had at my second job was the purchasing manager. I made the same amount of money.
I'm a pencil pusher, keyboard puncher....lmao
I go into head to head combat with my office manager (accounting manager).lol
She say i spend too much money...I say, "you have to spend money to make money"..lmao
FFS...i hate getting auidated..lmao Guys like me gives accountance headaches...:p
We like to spend money you don't have...lmao It's you job to juggle the numbers....:)
You can bounce any checks...as long as you don't bounce my pay check.lol

Alot of it has to do with our leadership skills or dicipline we accquired
from the military...We learned to make hard chioces/decisions other won't make.
My biggest challege was to train people or keep track of 7-8 people I was responsible for.
Nothing gets done unless my autograsph is on a certiflied piece of paper...lmao

With a Master degree plus leadership qualities...IMO..you're probably
have the capsity to be a very sucessful person in any carreer that
you seek.

My step duaghter made $85,000 right out of college (bachelor) working for NO FEAR being an accountant.
She went to $110,000 within 1 year. But accounting is a very, very stressful job. She simply had to
walk away from it becuase she din't have the other type of trainings that the military offers.
she used to tell me all the time how stressed out she would get.
My office manager and I have personal talks all the time...tring to keep our bussiness difference aside.
I know she gets very, very stressed from her job.

Is this a common option in the U.S. ? I find it strange. Are there no other avenues to follow investor?

Lonesome Crow said:
investor said:

I can't tell you becuase it's been a long time since I've been
in the military. With a master degree and some leadership
skills/training you'll get from the military..you'll have the hallmark
of a CEO. My rank was only an E4, I wasn't an officer.

My father was a VP or a CEO of a company with only a bachelor
degree after his military discharge. He served in the Veitnam War.
He's fields was communications.

I only have an associate..but I hold middle management posistions.
I worked directly under the owner of the company I worked for.
My salary was over $60,000 when I was only 23 at a corporation I was employed at.
I bascailly work or took orders directly from the plant manager or VP of operations.
The title I had was the procument cordinator..lmao
I was responsible for all supplies/materials coming in and out of that plant.
Anywhere from toilet paper to a 5 million dallor piece of euipment.
I get to sign my John Doe on million dallor purchase orders.
woo hooo...I like to shop..lmao

The title I had at my second job was the purchasing manager. I made the same amount of money.
I'm a pencil pusher, keyboard puncher....lmao
I go into head to head combat with my office manager (accounting manager).lol
She say i spend too much money...I say, "you have to spend money to make money"..lmao
FFS...i hate getting auidated..lmao Guys like me gives accountance headaches...:p
We like to spend money you don't have...lmao It's you job to juggle the numbers....:)
You can bounce any checks...as long as you don't bounce my pay check.lol

Alot of it has to do with our leadership skills or dicipline we accquired
from the military...We learned to make hard chioces/decisions other won't make.
My biggest challege was to train people or keep track of 7-8 people I was responsible for.
Nothing gets done unless my autograsph is on a certiflied piece of paper...lmao

With a Master degree plus leadership qualities...IMO..you're probably
have the capsity to be a very sucessful person in any carreer that
you seek.

My step duaghter made $85,000 right out of college (bachelor) working for NO FEAR being an accountant.
She went to $110,000 within 1 year. But accounting is a very, very stressful job. She simply had to
walk away from it becuase she din't have the other type of trainings that the military offers.
she used to tell me all the time how stressed out she would get.
My office manager and I have personal talks all the time...tring to keep our bussiness difference aside.
I know she gets very, very stressed from her job.

wow that's impressive; thanks for the reply. My brother who is 2 years older than me is in the USAF also. He is doing intelligence training in North or South Dakota.

catwixen said:
Is this a common option in the U.S. ? I find it strange. Are there no other avenues to follow investor?

Well the way I see it, there really are not. Joining an organization like Americorps or Peace Corps is not really going to help me develop leadership and other skills that I can gain. Not to mention that I'm getting paid way more in the military.

investor said:
catwixen said:

Well the way I see it, there really are not. Joining an organization like Americorps or Peace Corps is not really going to help me develop leadership and other skills that I can gain. Not to mention that I'm getting paid way more in the military.

If you are really wanting to go the route of armed forces, have you thought of a less leathal branch, like the Air Force? Are you going to feel comfortable taking peoples lives, if you have too? Also, don't give up too soon on landing a job. Could you volunteer as an accountant for a volunteer agency to gain some type of work experience or work for free at a nice company a day or so a week? Just a thought. Might put you in a better position to land a job. You have thought about death but, I would worry more about being crippled or having PTSD or some type of brain injury. You think the cards are against you now, try the same cards with some missing limbs and a messed up mind. I was at the VA hospital during my clinicals. A LOT of sad stories. Not a good sight and no, the goverment doesn't take care of its soilders as it should.

Naleena said:
investor said:
catwixen said:

If you are really wanting to go the route of armed forces, have you thought of a less leathal branch, like the Air Force? Are you going to feel comfortable taking peoples lives, if you have too? Also, don't give up too soon on landing a job. Could you volunteer as an accountant for a volunteer agency to gain some type of work experience or work for free at a nice company a day or so a week? Just a thought. Might put you in a better position to land a job. You have thought about death but, I would worry more about being crippled or having PTSD or some type of brain injury. You think the cards are against you now, try the same cards with some missing limbs and a messed up mind. I was at the VA hospital during my clinicals. A LOT of sad stories. Not a good sight and no, the goverment doesn't take care of its soilders as it should.

yes I have; my first choice is becoming a naval officer, second is air force, 3rd is marines, 4th army

Latest posts

Back