Depression. I feel it again.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
I went back on the suicide support forum last night after staying off of it for a year.

I've been feeling lots of shame and worthlessness lately.

I feel as though I've failed myself and I don't wish to elaborate on why I feel this way.

Just thought I'd tell everyone my mental status right now. You probably can't help me and i'm not expecting help, i can only help myself.

*buries her snout in her paws*

I know the feeling.....I've been feeling like that lately too.....the worthless feeling.......I hope you feel better soon.

depression feels like it's become a constant for me lately. I was really happy for a few hours about making the Dean's List but it seems like i've slipped back into it. Does nothing make me happy anymore? Is this just caffeine withdrawal or?

I feel permanently unhappy.

These last few days have been bad for me. For some reason Alcohol makes me feel better (it takes away my depression), but, I haven't had any substances in my body that could alter my mood. (ie: caffeine, pain killers, alcohol).I've been sleeping shorter than I should, maybe due to the sunlight coming in through my curtainless windows. I've withdrawn from people. I was irritable with people in real life today. Unpleasant to be around.

No motivation to do things.

Just another day in the life of someone that's constantly miserable.

Sorry to hear that. I sometimes like just laying down and trying to nap. Usually feel a bit better when I get up again. What things have you lost motivation for?

Take a breather Sophia. Go somewhere you enjoy beeing, nature is always good to give back strenght. Spend at least half a day there, alone, write, play in water, talk to the universe.
Enjoy the light breeze on your skin. Find the peacefull place inside you. Be at one with nature.
You will find a sense of belonging in this world.

hugs (BTW i feel like you today...so that is what i will be doing also, before depression gets too deep)

Sophia, I really like your signature. "One friend can save a life." So true. Where's a friend when you need one?
I'm glad we have the internet. My depression has been really getting to me this summer. I call it "the summer blues". It may just be because it's summer and I literally hate this season, or it could be something else. I'm kind of past the whole "What's causing this" thing. I know what I'm dealing with and it's just a matter of coping now.

It's weird, isn't it? It can be really sunny and beautiful outside and I can be feeling miserable. I think too much stimulation makes me stressed. i.e. too much sunlight or too much noise. I like to draw the curtains and just wind down sometimes, no pressure, no jobs to complete, no people to please. Just forget them for a while.
When you think about it, we are lots of things to lots of people.
I am a son, a brother, a friend, a work colleague, a volunteer, a gardener, a footballer, an uncle, a neighbour, a tenant, many other things aswell. When you think of all the roles we play, no wonder we get stressed!

I've just come out of a depression of sorts. I recall in painful detail. The withdrawing, the dark thoughts, the numbness paired with acute pain, listlessnes, fatigue even. I do not long for any human contact at this point. Hardly eat or take care of myself and became selfish.
I kept on dragging myself out, only for an hour or less each day. I cried to movies (his favourites) but I slept a lot and I had nightmares and drank too much. I refrained from gaming. I felt worthless and ignored.

Do things you need to to. if that is laying in the dark, cuddling your pillow or what you need is. I banged my head against the wall, reapeating the mantra, I love my kids. I am grateful they exist.
(hugs)

Do you know what vegetarian Zombies eat?

*sigh* I hate myself.

I don't know why i can't open my GRE book or anything else besides my fiction book. Not even interested much in the video game.

Fiction book is okay.

Oh dear a misunderstanding. It was past tense. My grammar sucks. Sorry
hopsfox Wrote:
I do not long for any human contact at this point.

We can still game together though right? I promise not to talk too much during it.

I am out of it. I am not depressed or withdrawn but lonely. I enjoy gaming with you very much. And talk away! Be a babbling brook or what ever you wish. I like it

Latest posts

Back