Depression Video Games

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think any video game can help with depression. I mean, not cure it or anything, but I think video games have helped me in my persistent loneliness. I think they are the reason I remain at least somewhat sane. A broad comment, I know. Just my opinion though.

The second time I fell from the sky, however, I found myself on an incline, where trying to climb upward was slow and not particularly fruitful. I was unable to get back onto level ground. So I let myself slide down the hill until I fell into a pit, and that was game over.

Deep. :/

I know a guy who makes games and loves little things like these. I'll be sure to share.

Jocsaint said:
I honestly think any video game can help with depression. I mean, not cure it or anything, but I think video games have helped me in my persistent loneliness. I think they are the reason I remain at least somewhat sane. A broad comment, I know. Just my opinion though.
I agree, video games can help ease depression and fill the time on my regularnnights alone. However, I was more pointing out these games because they are designed to help people overcome depression through understanding the causes and stuff like that.

games, movies, tv shows, etc.... are kinda just distractions from the root cause.... and any excessive use of them are probably contributing to the problem...

I agree with MadMonke. Video games are excellent at aiding you to avoid the true issues in your life. For many years I used them to mask my unhappiness, but while I was immersed in them the reasons for my unhappiness remained unaddressed.

I guess what I am trying to say is to take everything in moderation and not to become over-reliant on them.

Cavey said:
I agree with MadMonke. Video games are excellent at aiding you to avoid the true issues in your life. For many years I used them to mask my unhappiness, but while I was immersed in them the reasons for my unhappiness remained unaddressed.

I guess what I am trying to say is to take everything in moderation and not to become over-reliant on them.

true enough but do you have to be such a kill-joy? Everyone needs an escape and video games are particularly good for that.

OP Just make sure you don't start playing World of Warcraft. It should be illegal.

rdor said:
Cavey said:

true enough but do you have to be such a kill-joy? Everyone needs an escape and video games are particularly good for that.

OP Just make sure you don't start playing World of Warcraft. It should be illegal.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy. It's just a friendly warning. I have no doubt that video games are helpful for many people, but just like alcohol, drugs, food and many other things, it's very easy to become over-reliant on the escapism/comfort they bring.

Latest posts

Back