Did you ever run away from home?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahuh, and even slept rough for two nights. At least I chose to do it in Summer lol.

Yes I ran away from home while I was a kid ........... same old story my parents didn't love ecetera ecetera.

Only made it to the garage and wardrobe.

Lucky I didn't run away for good I can only think what its like to be homeless.

sort of. but only for two days. just to prove a point.
of course, the point remains unproven. it actually was very counterproductive on my part, I bailed because my folks treat me like a failure.
then I realized, hey I am a failure. I've only got a 3.2 GPA, and only 2 of my 6 classes are advanced placement, and of those only one is higher level, the other is just a regular honors class. I don't play school sports, I have no talents, and I couldn't feasibly support myself in this economy. I quit everything that I start. I don't have a job or a driver's license.
So I don't complain about my folks anymore. They can be as disappointed as they like, they can say what they like about me. Meanwhile, I will do nothing illegal or morally wrong and for the most part I do what they say. I don't drink, I don't get high, I don't steal things. I'm polite. I listen.
But I don't hate my parents, because they're right. I'm the one that's a disappointment.

I did yes, when I was a kid I had a argument with my mum about some trousers I needed for school. She wonted to buy me this cheap ones and I wonted some other ones so I kicked up about it. She ended up saying, Right your not having anything now get in your bedroom and stay there you ungraceful so and so. But she also said Wait tell ye dad gets home. So this was about 9 in the morning. I thought there is no way am staying here all day whiting for me dad to get in. So I opened the window and ran off lol. (I lived in a bungalow BTW) I was gone all day and had been walking all day and ended up in a place I had never heard of be for. It was night time, about 10 at night and I was now cold, hungry and it was dark. So I called home up and like 1 minute later the police come and picked me up. I can remember the policeman was asking me all this questions. I did not answer one of them lol I just totally ignored him.

The next day I go to my mates house and he's mum tells me that he's not allowed to be friends with me anymore cos she had the police asking about me lol

EveWasFramed said:
uh huh, and you know why, lol.

Hey, Nal. might know why but inquiring minds want to know too!:p

I never had to run away, my old man always threw my ass out. I think I was about 7 years old the first time.:(

yea, I did.

I was in second grade i think---9 years old. Spend the night in the woods with my girlfriend. Had nowhere to go so I had to come back in the morning :( sigh

Many times....
Errrr, I didn't want to get my ass beat or head bashed in anymore.
That's when I was still well...then I got punished even more after running away.
Then I learned how to numb the messed out to cope or survive.
I developed a fucken twitch..my **** left eye started twitching.
Then I started studdering my words for a couple of years.

The studdering stopped after a couple of years..
MY **** left eyes twitched until after a couple years in recovery.

The first time I ran away was when my mother abandent me.
I was in first grade. I was living with my aunty. I got shipped from relatives to relatives.
My parents went through a divorce and took off. I remember the first night my older sister
holding me to comfort me...she too was crying. I remember many night my sister and I
had to hold our youngest sister becuase she was crying for my mom.
I longed for my parents to come visit me. I did all of my home work and was a good little boy.
I was hoping if i was good, my parents would take me with them.
My mom came to visit once...I had to go to school. She told me to go to school and be a good
little boy...When I got home my mom was fucken gone....She took my sister and left my ass.
I wanted to died that day..I thought about setting myself on fire.
But I was afraid of dying...So I ran away..i had nowhere to go.
I walked around the block all day and went into a field or privet property...somewhere i wasn't suppost to.
I was playing in a mud pit. I remember my aunty telling me to get out of there.
she bribe me even. She told me she's buy me anything i wanted if I just get out of the mud pit and come home.
Well....I fucken didn't...I figure if she loves me or cares enough, she better fucken get muddy and come retrieve me.
mmmm....she didn't. She sent my cousin to get me...I kicked, cried and screamed for weeks.

The second time I ran away was around the same year. I moved back to where i was borned.
I was living with my gradmother. Oneday one of my uncles was being mean to me...
He told me i was a worthless piece of honeysuckle...because no one cares about me...even my parents left me.
He started hitting me and told me no one can do anything about it...they left me so...no one cared and
I was a burden on everyone.

I remember getting on a bus bare footed going to look for my father. I was only 6 years old.
I remember my aunty taking me to a goverment housing facilties to go visit my father once..
I didn't even know or was sure exactly where it was...I knew i had to take two buses to get there.
But i got there......I remember asking everyone for my father. I told everybody who i was.
An hour later my father finally came and got me...He didn't comfort me. He gave me money
to go buy lunch and told me to go wait at the park becuase he had to go do something and he would
be there. I fucken sat there until it was fucken almost dark. Then i saw my mom...
I was happy..I was hoping my mother would take me with her...she fucken took me back to my grandmother
and left my ass again.....I kicked, scream and cried, for long....I can't really remember.

I remember getting really, really sick after that. I had a high fever that wouldn't go away for weeks or a month.
I remember my grandmother taking me to a monk. He sprinkle some water on me and prayed for me.
They should had just let me died then....Wtf did I do in my previous life to be working this fucken karma...errr ?lol

I moved back to my aunty again...In second grade.
We had to go to my grandmother's funeral (aunty and dad's mom).
I saw my father drunk off of his ass..I wanted to go to with him...My aunty said no.
One day I was standing on the shore or bank of a river. The river had some currents in it.
I didn't know how to swim....I was bathing on a small walk way that extended out on the river.
I can't remember if I jump or slipped...Anyway...I fucken fell in the river and started to get washed away.
I remember my aunty panicing and jumping in after me. Okay...she finally retrieved my ass.
I remember her crying and holding me.
I slept with my aunty for a couple years...I would hold on to her tight, tight so I can go to sleep.

mmmmm....as an adult, I've only gotten involed with women that asked me out.
I will hold on to them through thick and thin...and won't let go of them for dear life.
Abandentment issues and co-dependency issues to the fucken core...

Or maybe it's becuase I put a high value on love. When I simply love someone..I simply love someone.
Maybe it's becuase i know how much it hurts when people don't care...so I treat other as i wanted to be treated.
Don't leave people and care about them and love them through all of the BS. That I would jump in and just not
read or talk about it. So when i say i love someone..it's not a fucken game to me or wishful thinking.

Inspite of all that honeysuckle...There was the love of my aunty and my grandmother for me.

Dain...that hurts to write that. Maybe I'll get well someday.
Tears are telescopes into the heavens or the heart of god.
Letting go of deep rooted fucken pains....
Maybe I need to go to another monk and get some holy water sprinkle an my ass again. :p

Lonesome Crow said:
Many times....
Errrr, I didn't want to get my ass beat or head bashed in anymore.
That's when I was still well...then I got punished even more after running away.
Then I learned how to numb the messed out to cope or survive.
I developed a fucken twitch..my **** left eye started twitching.
Then I started studdering my words for a couple of years.

Dain...that hurts to write that. Maybe I'll get well someday.
Tears are telescopes into the heavens or the heart of god.
Letting go of deep rooted fucken pains....
Maybe I need to go to another monk and get some holy water sprinkle an my ass again. :p

A reverence in front of your sufferance.

I ran away a few times, and not in the childhood. Once I wanted to live in a monastery, other time I wanted to kill myself in a forrest. My balls didn't help me in both cases, but in opposite ways.

Why? Because I was thinking I am a loser and this world is not a place for me. Now I've changed my mind about second thought.

Where would I have gone? My childhood "best friend" was some kid right down the street, and his grandma probably would have sent me back home before dinner.

Yeh. I woke up one morning and couldn't face work. I found comfort in thinking I was going to go up the south downs and top meself. So I left a note to my familly, walked up the downs and found a nice spot. I forget the pills, so by this time I was in a panic, threw up a bit, had a cigy, fell asleep under a bush, woke up, went home, mum took me to pub.

often think of what things might be like if I hadn't forgotten those pills. Then I remember i'd be dead so I wouldn't think. Life is so beautiful in tiny little fragments, if you blink just for one second you might miss one of those fragments. Although its always against the fact living may become hell. It's all relative​

Yes, a few years ago. I ran away after an argument and stayed at a friend's house for a couple of days. We ended up going to the movies with other friends and having a good time. My parents, meanwhile, were worried that I was going to take drugs there or something. They really didn't know me at all, and they still don't. In the end, they called me and told me to return home.

I didn't. Why? Half the fun has been in the battle of the family! No backing down from me!

Latest posts

Back