Do people who live alone shut the door when they go to the bathroom?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamingosox

Reaction score
Do people who live alone shut the door when they go to the bathroom/toilet? hmmm...

Because surely shutting the door is a sign of privacy but yet i can't imagine not shutting the door to the bathroom... doesn't seem right :S

I guess it would depend on... ah... well... what kind of bathroom one is going. Closing the door certainly helps preserve the air quaility in the rest of the domicile. :p

I don't. Probably did at first but eventually figured there was no reason.

Spare said:
I guess it would depend on... ah... well... what kind of bathroom one is going. Closing the door certainly helps preserve the air quaility in the rest of the domicile. :p

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I never shut the door. Not even when I shower. There is not even a lock on my bathroom door. Not really any need for one.

lol thats the question. ofcourse i shout it. imagine when you won't lock the door after starting to live with someone because you already get used to it.

I live alone and I shut all the doors in my house. As psychoanalytical interpretation it reveals extreme introversion and lack of confidence in own person and others.

I live with my family and i dont shut the door when i pee. tho im used to going outside too :p

I don't. What's the point? But like Spare said, to preserve air quality, I might close the door when I'm done lol. Seal that sector off.

LOL funny topic, never thought about it before.

I shut the door, what if an intruder got in while I was doing my business? How embarassing!!! :D

catwixen said:
LOL funny topic, never thought about it before.

I shut the door, what if an intruder got in while I was doing my business? How embarassing!!! :D

that has crossed my mind, but I figure I will probably be feeling more fear then embarrasment at that point. Also perhaps there is a chance the smell will drive the intruder away, like a brinks home security system.

I always close the bathroom door, even though I know I'm alone I still feel uncomfortable with the door open. Also, that thing about intruders has crossed my mind too.

I don't live alone anymore, but when I did, I always closed the bathroom door.

Actually, my housemate doesn't always close the bathroom door... and it really bothers me. It's one of many reasons that I'm looking to get myself into a position where I live alone again.

I somtimes shut the bathroom door, I usually shut my bedroom door when I sleep, stupid really but it's because fire takes 20 mins to burn thru supposedly. (man those firemen made an impression 20 years ago) I guess I'm a bit of a freak lol

Depends on if it's #1 or #2. :p

#1 = door open, usually
#2 = door closed, usually :p
#3 = ??

Door open, window open, everything that opens open
2eba43t.jpg

Latest posts

Back