Do Pickup Artist manuals work?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
What does smoking (which kills people) have to do with getting girls?

I also am allergic to cigarette smoke. My throat closes up.
Plenty of women smoke friend. He was just saying that because smoking is banned indoors he has to go outside where it is quieter. There are plenty of people suffering from the ban. It is one of two things that they share in common. Smoking and their annoyance with the ban.

A lot of PUA books tell you to buy a lighter, a nice one, and give girls lights. If you have a fancy Zippo that can catch her interest she will talk to you. That kind of thing.

AFrozenSoul said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Plenty of women smoke friend. He was just saying that because smoking is banned indoors he has to go outside where it is quieter. There are plenty of people suffering from the ban. It is one of two things that they share in common. Smoking and their annoyance with the ban.

A lot of PUA books tell you to buy a lighter, a nice one, and give girls lights. If you have a fancy Zippo that can catch her interest she will talk to you. That kind of thing.

So many good tips in one place :D.

And I agree that having something in common with someone (smoking, the ban), is a great way to break the ice.

Just get comfortable talking to girls in public. Easiest place to talk to a girl is in the bar but where ever you talk to a girl just do it just to talk and nothing else. You don't really need a manual to learn how to start a conversation. Once you feel comfortable talking then try to see if you can get her number. This saves you a lot of time reading PUA books by some guy who thinks he figured out how make girl gravitate to you. PUA books work because they teach you not to fear talking to women but you can do that on your own.

It seems I have overreacted, and misunderstood.

You're right, guys. It's akin to being in a club, and stepping outside and being around other people who are tired of the loud music.

I never am in a bar, though, unless I am seeing a band there. And then, I am so concerned with seeing, say, Jimmy Eat World, that I don't care about the women around me (plenty of hot chicks at the JEW concert, but I ignored them because I wanted to meet the band!)

Maybe I should have talked to one of those cute girls, but like I said, I have anxiety and panic attacks when socializing. It's much, much easier to ignore people around me, than acknowledge that fear.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
... It's much, much easier to ignore people around me, than acknowledge that fear.

Agreed, but you won't make friends (or meet women) by ignoring 'em.

Maybe next time you're in the bar, concert, etc, you smile at some cute girls?
Worst they can do is not smile back. :p

Good luck :).

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Maybe I should have talked to one of those cute girls, but like I said, I have anxiety and panic attacks when socializing. It's much, much easier to ignore people around me, than acknowledge that fear.

While I understand having fears, the only real way to get over them is to just do it. You can do it.

@Astral_Punisher: Guess where I stole the tips from. A hint they are the point of this thread.

@LeaningIntoTheMuse: I have a similar issue at anime conventions. I go to them for the anime part of it. Nothing more really, when people talk to me I really do not know what to do or say to be honest. So I just sort of studder and find an out.

It is easier to just drool over cosplay girls and go to the obnoxious panels. I find it annoying that people go to things just to make friends. Then again, I guess if you are having fun you will make friends... :/ maybe I am an exception to this rule.

AFrozenSoul said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Of course there's always the chance that their hairspray will ignite in your eagerness to provide required flame for the needed cig in which case you'll make an impression they'll never forget.....

a lighter? really? no i never read that before...

its usually more focus on personal game.

Latest posts

Back