Do you actually NEED "romantic love"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jafo said:
VanillaCreme said:
Jafo said:
There's no such thing as "love" of any kind.

Bitter much?

Not at all. Just stating a fact.

Well, that's sad you think that way. Because I love all sorts of things. I love pizza. I love cooking. I love playing video games. I love music. I love it when the dogs don't sling mud on us after its rained.

The only thing I don't love is love.

VanillaCreme said:
Jafo said:
VanillaCreme said:
Jafo said:

Bitter much?

Not at all. Just stating a fact.

Well, that's sad you think that way. Because I love all sorts of things. I love pizza. I love cooking. I love playing video games. I love music. I love it when the dogs don't sling mud on us after its rained.

The only thing I don't love is love.

It's not sad when you don't believe in something that's made up.

Nobody ever died from a lack of romantic love, that's for sure. Unless you think about "dying inside" which led a person to cut themselves out of life - literally or figuratively.

If you wanna be snide, you can claim love is made up but so is hatred. Every emotion or thought is. Nothing but chemical reactions in our heads.

Xpendable said:
I would like to know how it feels.

Yeah, I would like to know how it feels to have feelings reciprocated.

Although the concept of 'romantic love' seems kind of outdated, particular when having known someone a short time. May as well just call it what it is: fondness and/or infatuation + sexual attraction.

Jafo said:

So what is this intense feeling I have for my children? What feeling would be so strong that I would jump infront of a moving car to save their life?

Dandelion said:
Jafo said:

So what is this intense feeling I have for my children? What feeling would be so strong that I would jump infront of a moving car to save their life?

Just a chemical reaction in your brain.

Jafo said:
Dandelion said:
Jafo said:

Oh, you're so bitter. Heh. Someone must have really hurt your feelings.

VanillaCreme said:
Jafo said:
Dandelion said:
Jafo said:

Not at all. I just don't believe in made up nonsense. You all believe in the eater bunny and santa claus too?

Jafo said:
VanillaCreme said:
Jafo said:
Dandelion said:
Jafo said:

Not at all. I just don't believe in made up nonsense. You all believe in the eater bunny and santa claus too?

lol, again, you wouldn't feel so intensely about revenge is you didn't care.

Also, yes, actually, I do believe in Santa Clause. Maybe not the guy in red that lives in the North Pole, but Santa Clause IS real.

Jafo said:

If I can eat hollow chocolate bunnies, sure. Why not? I can sense the hurt in your posts though. You know, it's good to talk about it.

VanillaCreme said:
Jafo said:

If I can eat hollow chocolate bunnies, sure. Why not? I can sense the hurt in your posts though. You know, it's good to talk about it.

And I sense sarcasm in all your posts. Anyways, I could give a honeysuckle what you all think. Hopefully my stories will make some realize that you shouldn't treat your best friends like honeysuckle, because one day it will come back to bite you in the ass.

TheRealCallie said:
Jafo said:
VanillaCreme said:
Jafo said:
Dandelion said:

lol, again, you wouldn't feel so intensely about revenge is you didn't care.

Also, yes, actually, I do believe in Santa Clause. Maybe not the guy in red that lives in the North Pole, but Santa Clause IS real.

I obviously don't care when I get revenge on people because I don't care about the outcome to them or myself. Anyways, I'm done.

Jafo said:
And I sense sarcasm in all your posts. Anyways, I could give a honeysuckle what you all think. Hopefully my stories will make some realize that you shouldn't treat your best friends like honeysuckle, because one day it will come back to bite you in the ass.

No sarcasm, dude. I didn't realize you were one of my best friends, but if I wanted stories, I'll read a book.

Really, you should talk to someone about whatever hurt you. It's not good to keep that in. Makes you bitter and sour at the world.

From my experience (personal and what I've seen), I would wager most bitter people that try to exact revenge on those that "hurt" them do it because it's easier to blame others for things instead of looking at themselves to see what THEY did wrong. Anger is better than hurt and sadness to a lot of people.

Despicable Me said:
ninasju said:
This has been bothering me for a while. Scientifically I know that sex is instinctual and company/family etc over all is in our nature.
What I don't get is why so many people (unfortunately including me) long for someone to be with or whatever
Honestly I do not get it, I simply can't make sense of it and it's frustrating af...
I don't really understand your confusion... Are you wondering why you desire something instinctual/natural? That seems a bit contradictory. Why would you question such a thing like that?

I think I'm wondering why I want romantic love. For me it's comforting to know the facts and explanations, hence the comparison with sex/company/family.
I think I just want to understand the why
(I have suspicions that it's because of nurture/culture/hormones etc but there's really no facts or science behind it)

Jafo said:
There is no such thing as "romantic love".

I couldn't help finding this opinion extremely interesting.
I agree that feelings are chemical (and natural human) reactions, but that doesn't mean it's not real right?
Or, what do you mean? (If I misunderstood feel free to correct me)

Latest posts

Back