Do you believe in destiny?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there's such thing as destiny. I believe we create our own path as we go, not that some otherworldly power created it.

When I do think about it, I always come to the conclusion that such a thing is not possible, as this is all ethical stuff, and, even though it's nice to think that it's all real, it's really just a figment of the human imagination.
But I suppose that's just my opinion.

I believe the universe is deterministic on the 4D space-time model. But if it's not, it is deterministic on some higher level.

Free will is an objective illusion, a subjective wishful reality. If I had free will I wouldn't be compelled to go buy some cigarettes right now.

It's a tough one.

I don't believe in destiny, but it's hard to say why you shouldn't. Sometimes things do happen for a reason, but other times people use it to full back on as an excuse.

Confuses me trying to think of it

flaneur said:
It is obvious, as are much of the things the majority of Americans don't seem to grasp, e.g., natural selection. The country is basically founded on the notion that we have free will, which is pretty much the opposite of what I just described (unless you believe they're compatible, and they might be).

Yeah, I know what your saying. I think it's more that they don't believe in stuff like natural selection, or they believe in a higher force that dictates it, in any case, it's just whatever you believe in.

Latest posts

Back