Do you believe in god?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lippy_Kid said:
The Replicated Man said:
Well, for the record, I believe in this idea of "Luck" being something tangible to certain individuals and something that we can influence in very small instances that we may or may not be aware of.

Basically, I believe in the Force and that some of us are like really, really, really weak Jedi. Like less than a thousandth of the strength of what we saw in the movies.

I'm not even joking, this is what I believe.

As valid an unfounded belief as any other.
Yeah? Maybe I should write a book.

Yeah, I believe. And I'm not buying it that any organized religion has ever had any copyright on what He, She or They really are or do.

I say that the personal and private, maybe mystical experience of the divine is more relevant than a library of holy books or a year of sermons.

So believe what you want but don't push it on anyone else and I'll do the same.

I'll post my answer to this anyways:

Though I feel there should be something there, I know for a fact that if there was... I do not want anything to do with it. The bad get away, the good die young. Questions are answered with vague responses, or haughty remarks. I'll stick to being spiritual if anything, but never religious... Never worshipping, or leaving things unanswered.

I do hope this does get closed before arguments or heated debates start...

Senamian said:

Though I feel there should be something there, I know for a fact that if there was... I do not want anything to do with it. The bad get away, the good die young. Questions are answered with vague responses, or haughty remarks. I'll stick to being spiritual if anything, but never religious... Never worshipping, or leaving things unanswered.

^ This.

The Replicated Man said:
Lippy_Kid said:
The Replicated Man said:
Well, for the record, I believe in this idea of "Luck" being something tangible to certain individuals and something that we can influence in very small instances that we may or may not be aware of.

Basically, I believe in the Force and that some of us are like really, really, really weak Jedi. Like less than a thousandth of the strength of what we saw in the movies.

A book is a must, also a do and don't list, a members incentive scheme payable at death, some extravegant clothing and as many public holidays as you can wrangle.

I'm a member of the church of the flying spaghetti monster. We call ourselves Pastafarians.

Lippy Kid, knock it off. Your sarcasm isn't needed, that's why these threads get closed. One warning, that's it.

Senamian said:

This.

Limlim said:
I'm a member of the church of the flying spaghetti monster. We call ourselves Pastafarians.

Hmm sounds yummy. May I join you?

Sci-Fi said:
Lippy Kid, knock it off. Your sarcasm isn't needed, that's why these threads get closed. One warning, that's it.

I was making a light hearted reply about what someone might need to start a religion. I can't see anything in there that would be considered offensive. I assume it's more you are still being pissy about me questioning why you felt someone else was being offensive the other day, that or you've had a sense of humour bypass, my post was no more sinister than limlins joke and if you read my views on religion I'm as tolerant as they come.

Anyway warn me.. ban me whatever, I couldn't give a honeysuckle...you're the mod.

ladyforsaken said:
Senamian said:

This.

Limlim said:

Hmm sounds yummy. May I join you?

Of course! All of the information can be found here.

http://www.venganza.org/

Be sure to buy full 1700th century pirate regalia. It is our religious uniform.

I'm becoming more agnostic myself.

Religion has it's pros and cons. I feel like religion gets everyone together into one community. It encourages people to do good things. I mean Churches can do good things for the community in the name of God right? Religion also creates a set of laws for people of that religion for them to follow. It discourages bad things "sins" and encourages good deeds.

Religion does have it's cons however. I won't go into detail, but you know what I'm talking about. Violence, isolation, exclusion, etc.

I personally believe that whatever you believe in, and whether or not God exists or not, we should all live together peacefully. That means that those of us who do not believe in God should respect those who do, and vice versa. Religion should never cause people to commit violent acts, exclude people from our community, or judge other people because they are not the same religion as you.

So no matter what your religion, we should just all respect each other and live peacefully! :D

You know, there were two cultures that were very tolerant of differing religions: the Mongol empire and the Dutch (or Netherlander) trading community, in the age when other Europeans were forging their own empires.

The Mongols, once they had subdued a people, were more interested in their subjects' paying taxes and not rebelling than they were in anyone's faith.
The Netherlander merchants were eager to engage in profitable commerce....religious disputes were bad for business.

So there's the answer: live and let live, meanwhile let's make some money!
Of course, one would want to be aware of dietary taboos before hosting any business lunches....

^^
By 'subdued' you mean murdered and conquered. We should all look to Genghis Khan as to how to get along. :)

Lippy_Kid said:
Sci-Fi said:

I was making a light hearted reply about what someone might need to start a religion. I can't see anything in there that would be considered offensive. I assume it's more you are still being pissy about me questioning why you felt someone else was being offensive the other day, that or you've had a sense of humour bypass, my post was no more sinister than limlins joke and if you read my views on religion I'm as tolerant as they come.

Anyway warn me.. ban me whatever, I couldn't give a honeysuckle...you're the mod.

Nope don't even remember what you are talking about, but if you want to see me being pissy keep up the attitude. "Lighthearted" or not that's not the way it comes off, you are still making fun of other peoples beliefs so just stop. That is what starts these types of threads of going downhill.

I have bigger things to worry about than to keep a score card on you, when a moderator tells you something it obviously is for a reason whether you intend it that way or not. You don't come back and debate it.

I was not inferring people were wrong or ridiculing them for believing what they chose to and the only person who expressed offence was you. If you publicly accuse someone of something, I feel they have a right to reply to defend their position, that is my attitude. If you feel people dont have that right then use your moderator super powers and let yourself have the last word its up to you, I'm happy I've had mine.

Yes, I believe in God now. I've come to understand that we are all children of God. We all have divine essence. Unfortunately we are all atheists nowadays. Latest trend, biggest mistake.
We are all beings of light. If we have darkness, those are the forces of evil conquering us.

ladyforsaken said:
Limlim said:
Of course! All of the information can be found here.

http://www.venganza.org/

Be sure to buy full 1700th century pirate regalia. It is our religious uniform.

Omg! Lmao. I thought you were kidding!

It is a very powerful message being said there that I think everyone should take the time to read. It is never too late to be saved by his noodly appendage.

fsm.jpg

The Replicated Man said:
Lippy_Kid said:
The Replicated Man said:

I think more literature on Jediism would be nice, especially because a lot of people aren't really aware that it's a Thing.

Also, I believe in the Christian God.

my grandfather used to say: "I don't believe in god, but most times I wish I did", and that reflects my position

I believe in the law of Karma that bites you in the ass, that everything is cyclical, that life is suffering, I guess that makes me a buddhist

Latest posts

Back