do you ever feel like...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WL7.3

Reaction score
Do you ever feel like you're alone because you deleted what you were going to post because it was so negative and you didn't want to make people feel bad and now you have to keep it to yourself and you thought this was the one place you could express things like that but it isn't because you're still responsible for reinfecting sick people with your sickness, yet these were the only people who might understand?

All the time, that's why i always tell people they can say anything to me because it feels good to get it off your chest no matter how bad it sounds. Its difficult to act all happy and smiles when it is not how you truly feel and some days it grates at me so much to have to go to say work and be all 'YAY I'M FINE' when all i want to do is scream and cry.

So yeah if anyone does want to have a depressing rant feel free to pm me anytime!

It is better to share your thoughts/feelings with the people of this forum because they don't know you personally, there are a lot of people on here that are willing to help and generally it can help you feel better rather than keeping it all bottled up.

Heremenow makes a good point, its not healthy to keep things bottled up. Its always important to find some way of getting your feelings out. As i said if that's having a rant in a forum or PM to someone as long as its not overly offensive i don't see the harm.

What I feel terrible about is the stuff I don't delete, and then someone gets offended, and I feel terrible for my thoughts. And then I make a million threads on that, and then I feel terrible that I'm hanging on to something that I felt.

I have a really hard time controlling my posts on the internet any more. I used to belong to a forum where 99% of the posts were rants. I have a hard time getting past that; since I am no longer a member of that forum, I tend to bring that mindset to my posts here, get into a rant, and say things that are incredibly dark and personal...and then, if someone calls me on it, I feel terrible and like I wasted my time typing out that.

This isn't a rant forum. The forum before was a rant starting a bunch of people saying, "I feel that way, too!" Here, I start a rant, and someone tries to debate me on it. I understand this is more of a discussion forum than a rant forum, but it makes me feel terrible that I can't post my thoughts without someone telling me I'm wrong. Even if I start a rant about the sky being blue, someone will say, "Oh, but it turns red twice a day when the sun rises and sets"...argh.

*Sammy* said:
Heremenow makes a good point, its not healthy to keep things bottled up. Its always important to find some way of getting your feelings out. As i said if that's having a rant in a forum or PM to someone as long as its not overly offensive i don't see the harm.

Thank you for agreeing with me :) I have also started writing my thoughts/feelings down on paper so that I can understand how my mind works more effectively. I'll probably start seeing a counselor again soon as well so that I can discuss them with somebody that will listen and not just judge me.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
What I feel terrible about is the stuff I don't delete, and then someone gets offended, and I feel terrible for my thoughts. And then I make a million threads on that, and then I feel terrible that I'm hanging on to something that I felt.

I have a really hard time controlling my posts on the internet any more. I used to belong to a forum where 99% of the posts were rants. I have a hard time getting past that; since I am no longer a member of that forum, I tend to bring that mindset to my posts here, get into a rant, and say things that are incredibly dark and personal...and then, if someone calls me on it, I feel terrible and like I wasted my time typing out that.

This isn't a rant forum. The forum before was a rant starting a bunch of people saying, "I feel that way, too!" Here, I start a rant, and someone tries to debate me on it. I understand this is more of a discussion forum than a rant forum, but it makes me feel terrible that I can't post my thoughts without someone telling me I'm wrong. Even if I start a rant about the sky being blue, someone will say, "Oh, but it turns red twice a day when the sun rises and sets"...argh.

I see your point but don't forget the internet is an open forum so whatever you post there is always a chance you are opening yourself up to be criticized. I'm not saying its right for people always to do that but how can you put a stop to 'free speech'? Maybe its wroth trying to find someone you can trust in to just blow your top to about things you feel who wont get easily offened?

I unfortunately am one of them people who hides behind a mask most of the time but i know when i cant take anymore and there are a few people i know i can call or e-mail to let some steam off and they either reply with something they think might help or just simply ask if i feel better and sometimes after a long ranting e-mail i do, sometimes i don't but that's life.

@ Heremenow. I hope it works out for you with the counselor, sounds like you have a good plan set up.

*Sammy* said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

I see your point but don't forget the internet is an open forum so whatever you post there is always a chance you are opening yourself up to be criticized. I'm not saying its right for people always to do that but how can you put a stop to 'free speech'? Maybe its wroth trying to find someone you can trust in to just blow your top to about things you feel who wont get easily offened?

I unfortunately am one of them people who hides behind a mask most of the time but i know when i cant take anymore and there are a few people i know i can call or e-mail to let some steam off and they either reply with something they think might help or just simply ask if i feel better and sometimes after a long ranting e-mail i do, sometimes i don't but that's life.

@ Heremenow. I hope it works out for you with the counselor, sounds like you have a good plan set up.

Thank you Sammy :) I should be starting a business course soon at a college and they have a counselling service so I'm going to see if I can obtain their services again.

If anyone would like to talk about anything then I am here to listen. I won't judge you and I'll try my best to help you. :)

Its funny i cant help myself with my own issues but if i had the chance i would love to go back to studying and become a councilor to help others.

I guess that's why i offer up my ear to anyone who feels they need to let anything out and try to offer help or advise if i can. Maybe one day i will be able to afford the time away from work to study

*Sammy* said:
Its funny i cant help myself with my own issues but if i had the chance i would love to go back to studying and become a councilor to help others.

I guess that's why i offer up my ear to anyone who feels they need to let anything out and try to offer help or advise if i can. Maybe one day i will be able to afford the time away from work to study

Exactly what I'm doing with my life right now. Kinda putting work on the back seat.. and just doing what I feel like doing here and in my physical life.

Nice to see other people who think alike. :)

Yea I have to work so hard not to be negative. I always end up deleting my posts 5 times or so before I feel they're not too toxic. But at the same time you don't want to lie...

No I haven't. That's what we are here for. The more we know about your problems, the better we can help. It's noble of you to not want to spread your pain around, but between telling us your problems however disturbing or depressing, it benefits all of us in a positive way. You get help, we also get help and feel good about ourselves by helping others. It's a win win.:)

I feel overly negative every time I post, and I end up not posting a lot of stuff that I want to.

*Sammy* said:
You know this has given me a new thread idea for once i am home after work... as long as no one beats me to it *scowls*

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have came up with :) Maybe you shouldn't have given anyone a warning that you are going to create a new thread because somebody else might guess what you are going to make it about and then they may do it instead? :)

Hearmenow2012 said:
*Sammy* said:
You know this has given me a new thread idea for once i am home after work... as long as no one beats me to it *scowls*

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have came up with :) Maybe you shouldn't have given anyone a warning that you are going to create a new thread because somebody else might guess what you are going to make it about and then they may do it instead? :)

Lol... just do it! The probability of someone else having the same idea isn't really that high... I don't think.

Latest posts

Back