Do you ever have people disbelieve you when you say you don't have friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would get that kind of response when people asked me about dating. For the longest time, when the topic came up, I would say I had never dated anyone. Immediately they would look like they were about to faint and/or have a heart attack. They would then echo my comment with "You have never dated?". Then they would always follow that up with, "Are you gay?"
I would always then respond back with, "Uh, gay people date." They would then look like their brain had blown a gasket as they not only tried to comprehend that someone had never dated but also the idea that gay people date.
I would then tell them, "and no, I'm not gay."

It was always so funny.
It also work by telling someone you don't own a cell phone. It's best to say that when you walk by a cell phone kiosk in the mall. Anyone in the vicinity of the kiosk will go into shock. Someone will end up saying, "what if you are in an emergency?" I'll respond back, "what did people do when they had emergencies before cell phones were invented? Did they just fall over dead?" People were now in shock so bad that they just stutter. *laughs*

No because I say it with confidence and trust, also making eye contact so they always believe...or at least i think so

To blackdot: you made my day with the whole dating story, thats just pure win

blackdot said:
I would get that kind of response when people asked me about dating. For the longest time, when the topic came up, I would say I had never dated anyone. Immediately they would look like they were about to faint and/or have a heart attack. They would then echo my comment with "You have never dated?". Then they would always follow that up with, "Are you gay?"
I would always then respond back with, "Uh, gay people date." They would then look like their brain had blown a gasket as they not only tried to comprehend that someone had never dated but also the idea that gay people date.
I would then tell them, "and no, I'm not gay."

It was always so funny.
It also work by telling someone you don't own a cell phone. It's best to say that when you walk by a cell phone kiosk in the mall. Anyone in the vicinity of the kiosk will go into shock. Someone will end up saying, "what if you are in an emergency?" I'll respond back, "what did people do when they had emergencies before cell phones were invented? Did they just fall over dead?" People were now in shock so bad that they just stutter. *laughs*

dude get a freaking cell phone for real lol

but yea i feel you for sure on the not dating thing

I was in a depression support group and the other people there couldn't believe I didn't have friends. I'm a friendly person, and can easily engage in conversation with strangers, unless it's in a crowded place. So people assume I have a number of friends. But nothing ever goes past acquaintances.

You all know what I'm going through. Life is tough for me. I tell everyone I can that I haven't had really any social life for over 7 years now and they don't think I am serious. And I certainly didn't and don't want it that way, but it's reality for me. People like me could be a hypocrite because I could be at a store and stand in line next to someone in the same rut but I would never know unless I reached out to them. I think alot of people need to start reaching out to others. Just like I said in an older post about reaching out to someone who could be suicidal.

asap_price said:
dude get a freaking cell phone for real lol

Why? I don't see the point in having a monthly bill, all so I can call myself. And that wouldn't be much use since if I tried that I would just get a busy signal... well unless I call my home phone. I could talk to myself that way.
But I just don't see the point of it.

Latest posts

Back