Do you ever wish that you could go back in time and change the past or leave it as is

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the past made me who I am today. Sure, maybe I'd be better if something changed, but I also may be worse. So I take it, as is and just try to better myself as I go along.

Yes, insofar as changing how I dealt with some situations. But obviously I could only do that with the knowledge I have today, so if I just went back in time, to those moments with what I knew then, I would just repeat the same actions. The question really is, would you like to have had a different result to the choices you made. Sure. Do I regret some of the decisions I made in the past? Sure I do. Could I have done better in some of the situations I faced? Absolutely. But, would my life be better today if I made the decisions that I think would’ve been better at the time? I have no idea. Maybe a whole new set of difficulties would be in place.

If I can find the exact moment where I became so depressed and started withdrawing, I would go back and change that. I feel that past experiences have just made me more vulnerable now in the present instead of becoming stronger.

I'd change one thing.
The rest I'd leave the same, like all the times I fell flat on my face. Can't learn much without those.

Latest posts

Back