Do you exercise?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you exercise at all?

• Couple a times a week

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Every day

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Not yet but I want to actually

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Never

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

McDamned

Reaction score
Was wondering about that as I love to exercise myself, from running to weighttraining but I consider a good walk also to be an exercise, be it more moderate. I have found exercise to help me overcome depression and darker times while it also has many health benefits in the physical department.

I try and make myself take a long brisk walk every other day. It's not easy and I never want to do it when I wake in the morning but I can guarantee that I will feel soooooo much better when I have done it. In my experience exercise definitely helps !

I do isometric exercises, and take the dog walkies as walking is always good for me and, swimming.

Exercise and Yoga fiend here and it helps me cope with day to day life..Downward-facing dog pose, right leg up go for it..Bright Blessings ^.^

I admit that outside of work, I don't do as much as I should. But at work, I am in constant motion.

I voted, but I'll leave it to others to guess which I voted for...

I'm not counting walking since that's the reason God/evolution gave me legs ;)

I cycle to work which is 4 miles a day.
I play golf 3 times a week which is good exercise.
I walk to the town centre when I go there.
I walk when I go on my photograph days.

I try to do 30 to 40 minutes of mild exercise (yoga, or indoor bicycle, or walking a couple of miles with ankle weights) every day, sometimes I skip one.
I used to go running for all the warm season 30/40 minutes a day (OK, probably you wouldn't call what I do "running", but still it was at least 3 miles), but now with two herniated disks and a half it's not recommended.
I am going to try kayaking next month, last week i tried a weird dance-like thing called "contact improvisation".
For my health I should become very very fit, but it's not easy to sacrifice other things for me more interesting for physical exercise (can't do exercise and a day of work together, for example), so I've been dragging my feet.

I do some form of exercise daily, even when tired, as a ritual. When not almost dropping dumb-bells on my head, its press-ups. I miss jogging & running a lot.
Yoga is excellent, so is Tai-Chi, maybe I prioritise wrongly...

Q.) Would respiration be counted as exercise? The chest muscles do expand & contract.

I skateboard a lot around my university campus. It gets me to class much faster AND gets me to break a sweat :p

-Aztorak (Aaron)

Used to, don't anymore. There are reasons for that, but I'm thinking about starting to get back to it. We'll see.

But, also....I'm a single mother, so I don't exactly just sit around. lol

It varies a lot. I can do nothing at all for the whole week, for example, or run/swim/etc.. everyday.

I don't "exercise" per se. I like to do things which are purposeful, and also provide exercise. When I lived in the city, I used to ride my bike to go shopping, and ride back. But I did love bike riding in the wee hours, before any cars were out.

These days I spend time shovelling and chainsawing, lifting and carrying. But the older I get, the less it seems to keep my weight down and keep me in shape. I really get how the farmer can be fat.

constant stranger said:
Weather permitting, I walk briskly 2 miles a day. When I want time away from the house I'll do more, but maybe not as briskly.

Yes me too and I have the advantage (?) of living in a steep hilly area which really gets the muscles working :)

Saint John is very hilly, with long walks between sources of supplies, so I must take long walks. This supports my long term habit of walking at night, so I get what exercise seems useful. Other than that, I'm just not drawn towards large amounts of exercise.

I do at least an hour a day. Strength training, boxing, treadmill, ARC trainer, stationary bike, circuit training, hiking, jogging, etc. Also eat much better. Cook myself mostly, with an occasional subway/jimmy john's.

Maybe one day I won't be a fatty who can't get a date. :)

I selected "A couple of times a week" because the only exercise I get is from my job, luckily it's pretty physical; on my feet for 12 hours a day Monday - Thursday and lifting 25KG a couple of times an hour. When I started working here I lost about a stone lol, but you always get to a point where your body gets used to it and it becomes more difficult to either loose weight or tone up.

Latest posts

Back