Do you feel pleasure in inflicting pain unto others?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. There have been times when I've been hurt by someone and imagined doing nasty, mean things to them. And at the time I was daydreaming it I felt good. But as far as actually doing it, I wouldn't. Whenever I do hurt someone, whether it is intentional or not, I feel nothing but pain and regret afterwards. And if it is intentional, I never forgive myself for it.

oarivan said:
ThisGuy said:

Thank god for that. You look like you could inflict a lot of pain.

Hahahaha, I must agree with that.

I have definitely felt like inflicting emotional pain on people who have hurt me, but it's generally out of spite rather than vengeance, and I know it so I usually resist. I do tend to be a little curt/snide at times though, and that makes me feel bad after. Physical pain, VERY rarely. I take it out on my poor keyboard with its keys which are easily torn out in a rage. There's much less of that now that I don't live at home.

I know the feeling of uncontrollable anger, though, Chair--I don't believe it's healthy to feel like that frequently, or in ways that result in violence.

I feels human have a tendency towards violence, it makes us feel alive. Peace can be boredom, and watching our enemies (for whatever reason) suffer can be a delightful pleasure.

This may seem very cynical towards human nature, but idk how to argue otherwise.

I don't know about that; but I do get less patient at times with other peoples problems, especially when I don't feel so great and when I hear about some petty issue get turned into drama;
So nah, I'm much more of a masochist by nature. hey, maybe we should get together, eh? lol

No, I've been hurt to many times by other to do the same thing. Even when I really don't like someone else I try my best to treat them nice. I just keep thinking that I don't want anybody to ever feel like I do, nobody deservse to like that.

umm... sometimes I want to poke people with pins... but it's very rare that I think of bludgeoning someone with a frying pan! :p

I live by, "The only sin is hurting another"...i also feel that way about animals and such to. Doesnt mean i dont do it if someone really makes me mad and i lash back out...but i try not to

No, however I can be "cruel but fair" in my dealings with anyone who attempts to attack me in a nasty, malicious way. Instant Karma's gonna get 'em! Sometimes they're just not worth the effort. Then there's the healthy dose of schadenfreude I feel if something bad happens to a person who is on my honeysuckle list. To be on my honeysuckle list you've got to intentionally cause me emotional pain or financial damage (or some other type of misery). Otherwise, I'm generally a very peaceful individual. LG:)

I have never gotten any sort of pleasure from any sort of pain. I hope I never do.

Though merely assertive and passive aggressive when in conflict with people, I can appreciate a certain sadism when it comes to those one might deem "emotional vampires" though. I wouldn't say I enjoy inflicting pain as such, though. Who doesn't love a bit of empowering self-righteousness and vigilante justice from time to time?

On a sexual level its a bit different, some people use concepts of sadism and masochism as tools for erotic stimulation. I've flirted with this notion before to a limited degree, I can't say either hold more than a superficial appeal for me. I can understand how it really hits an emotional trigger for some, though.

Latest posts

Back