Do you like meeting old friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Factotum

Reaction score
isnt that one of the most scariest things in life? meeting old friends! reunions! social media and the internet has made it easier for everyone to keep tabs on each other. and to STAY IN TOUCH! why? for what reason? to compare your current station in life with others? for what? to feel like honeysuckle? to make others feel like honeysuckle? wtf?

I don't necessarily like meeting old friends. My past contains some memories of things that I would rather not remember by having an old friend bring them up. A male friend from way back when, looked me up and sent me a message on Facebook. I was not at all pleased to read his message asking: is this or that the same or are you still. . .and then posted a song he thought related to me regarding how I am an important person despite my past. I don't think my past has anything to do with my worth now. I told him I didn't want him to contact me again. I eventually quit being on Facebook--not enough friends, and didn't expecially want everyone to know things so I didn't post much anyway.

I don't mind meeting old friends, and it's not like I had many anyways. It does get awkward though if they weren't really close friends and I do feel worthless in their presence. Still, it's nice to see a familiar face who is willing to talk to me, even if it is just to ask if there is anything new going on in my life.

For close friends (should be singular), I would love to meet up more often if possible. I'm not comfortable with telling her about my loneliness so I can't rant like I can here (hehe), but otherwise, she's a great companion for whom I rarely feel awkward around.

Latest posts

Back