Do you regret being born?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's replace regret by "wishing to never have existed". Which I think it's what the person who created this thread wanted to say and how many people seem to have understood it (me included).

Does it make more sense ?

So, to this question, yes sometimes I wish I have never existed, for the reason I explained before.

No, I do not regret being born.

I believe there is a reason for everything in life.

Everything happens for a reason.

Honestly? I often regret being wish I was not born. For various reasons. I can't 'regret' it, since indeed it is not withing my control.

I regret being born every second. I should've died at birth but the doctors saved me. **** them.

I really don't think about regret. I mean, if you were never born, it wouldn't be possible to regret anything.

For those of you who do, I would want to tell you that your life does matter. Your spark of energy and life is important on this planet!

Well, truth be told, I was nearly aborted. So every time I think about whether I wish I wasn't born or not my mind always jumps to "Well, clearly there's a purpose if I survived...".
Or maybe I'm just mad, who knows.

Eteled said:
Well, truth be told, I was nearly aborted. So every time I think about whether I wish I wasn't born or not my mind always jumps to "Well, clearly there's a purpose if I survived...".

I'd rep this if i could. Thumbs up! You definitely have a purpose in life.

Lowlander said:
Honestly? I often regret being wish I was not born. For various reasons. I can't 'regret' it, since indeed it is not withing my control.

I still have this thought from time to time.

Well everyone here has a chance to make their lives wonderful, no matter how hard their upbringing or circumstances. We all have it within ourselves to be good people and lead a happy life - we just need to want to do it. Every day is a gift and we have to treat it that way.

Seize the day people - make your life extraordinary.

h3donist said:
Well everyone here has a chance to make their lives wonderful, no matter how hard their upbringing or circumstances. We all have it within ourselves to be good people and lead a happy life - we just need to want to do it. Every day is a gift and we have to treat it that way.

I'd rep this if I could too. It's not always peachy in life, but I think we can at least try to make the best of what we have no matter how dire or difficult or annoying the situation is. I'm not speaking from a point of view where I've been very privileged all my life but I speak from the experience of feeling so sick and tired of being upset and disappointed with life and how it's gotten for me. It's not like I have control over some things that happened like being born, falling ill, yada yada.. but I have control over how I wanna see it, how I deal with it and how I decide to live the rest of my life based on the given circumstances.

Sometimes, like others have said, I catch myself wishing I was born rich. Then I wouldn't have half of the problems I have. But I try not to dwell on it. We have had some good times too.

All in all, I'd say no. I don't regret being born, and I'm glad I'm alive. Now, I just have to start using my life better than I have.

I suppose I don't regret being born. I do, however, regret not living up to my potential.

I can regret not ending my life as soon as I was capable of acting in that capacity, and I can regret not repudiating my own existence and identity. Birthright should mean nothing.

The sad thing is that I like living, and I know existence does not need to be like this. Life is suffering for sure, but there is suffering and then there is this orgiastic, satanic mass that is our so-called society.

My greatest regret is being born at a time where the beast has been utterly ascendant, and how they were always able to walk over me every single time. My "life" has become nothing but a testament to the monsters, all the good I could have done wasted by trauma after trauma. All for eugenics.

ladyforsaken said:
h3donist said:

I'd rep this if I could too. It's not always peachy in life, but I think we can at least try to make the best of what we have no matter how dire or difficult or annoying the situation is. I'm not speaking from a point of view where I've been very privileged all my life but I speak from the experience of feeling so sick and tired of being upset and disappointed with life and how it's gotten for me. It's not like I have control over some things that happened like being born, falling ill, yada yada.. but I have control over how I wanna see it, how I deal with it and how I decide to live the rest of my life based on the given circumstances.

This. 100%

Do I regret being born? Well, that would imply that I had some choice in the matter, and of course, I had none. My parents messed, and I was shat into existence. They loved me as well as they could, which wasn't great. Do I wish my birth had not happened? Yes, I wish I wasn't here. There are a few people who would have been worse off without me to help them, and a few who would have been better off without me to get in their way. My depression and loneliness, my feeling disconnected from any human interaction, none of that would have happened. I wouldn't exist. I would prefer that.

boonieghoul said:
Do I regret being born? Well, that would imply that I had some choice in the matter, and of course, I had none. My parents messed, and I was shat into existence. They loved me as well as they could, which wasn't great. Do I wish my birth had not happened? Yes, I wish I wasn't here. There are a few people who would have been worse off without me to help them, and a few who would have been better off without me to get in their way. My depression and loneliness, my feeling disconnected from any human interaction, none of that would have happened. I wouldn't exist. I would prefer that.

I can totally sense what you are talking about. I'm feeling the same way as you do. I agree with everything you said.

I guess yeah in a way. I mean, I don't necessarily remember or know the exact ins and outs of biology, but I've had the thought where I regret being the sperm that ended up fertilizing the egg. It often starts off as that one in particular, what if another one had made it and would things have changed. That's assuming that every single one is somehow different and would have in some way resulted in a different 'you.' Could be wrong on that the whole time though and they may not be unique at all, just carrying identical DNA or something along those lines.

That's an interesting question seeing as 5 abortions came before me. Were it not for the abortions, my broke ass parents would've never made it to child 6.

No, it's not being born I regret. Just everything after that.

No, not at all. Well, maybe sometimes I wanna kill myself to end up my stupid life, but I won't do that.
I think I'll miss this world when I die.
Music is the best thing I got from this planet.

Latest posts

Back