Do you remember the first conversation you had with your bf/gf?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyCobbLegend

Reaction score
This question implies to anyone who has had a bf/gf currently or had one in the past. Did you remember your first conversation with them? What are some tips with striking up conversations with girls?

I know this sounds pretty lame and all, but I figure that since I have never even had a girlfriend before that I might as well start from square one. What do you recommend I do? Where do you recommend I go to meet girls? I'm 22 BTW.

Hmm, I don't know if this is much help, but I met my last girlfriend at school. We where both living in the same hallway, and one afternoon she was sitting on a couch in the hall all by herself as I walked by to get to my room.

She asked me if I wanted to keep her company, I said yes and we went out for a walk. The rest is, as they say, history.

Well that was a few yeras back now. She took the initiative. I consider myself rather lucky since I usually is rather terrible with relationships and such. :p

According to him, I was arguing with him about religion. I don't really remember it, or talking to him in general, but he's probably right.

I actually don't remember the very first convo I had with most people I've known, lol. But thanks to me meeting an Ex online, our first messages are there still.

My husband and I met on a dating site. I'm from southern US, and have a thick southern accent. I remember when we met in person for our first date, the first thing he asked me was if I liked country music.

I hate county music.

Amazingly enough, we married and reproduced.

Shipster0958 said:
My husband and I met on a dating site. I'm from southern US, and have a thick southern accent. I remember when we met in person for our first date, the first thing he asked me was if I liked country music.

I hate county music.

:D

There's a story to tell your children and grandchildren.

Shipster0958 said:

I hate county music.

Somehow your story amused me haha. That's awesome though.

I don't remember conversation exactly, but at that time I was in college, and the whole college and classmates were boycotting me, so when we went on a class trip to a theme park, I was all alone walking around. My then friend (now ex) saw me, and felt sorry for me so he asked me to hang out with him during the whole trip. We became close friends first, but my story is long and complicated so i won't bore you.. lol.

These stories probably won't help, but....

I was only 9 when I met my future wife. I was sad about something, I don't remember what but probably something my Dad did or said. I was at the park alone on the verge of crying, when this 11 year old girl came up to me. She put her arm around my shoulder and asked me what was wrong. She was a very caring person, even when she was a kid. We started dating when we were teenagers and got married when I was 18.

I met my current girlfriend at a store she works at. I don't remember our first conversation because I was kind of nervous. But she took the initiative.

Sorry, I know those stories aren't helpful. I think I just got lucky both times. But if you want a point to the stories, its that you can meet women anywhere. If there aren't any in your everyday life, find something that interests you and go do it. There are bound to be girls around.

Or you could try online dating sites, it might be good practice.

Fragile said:
Hmm, I don't know if this is much help, but I met my last girlfriend at school. We where both living in the same hallway, and one afternoon she was sitting on a couch in the hall all by herself as I walked by to get to my room.

She asked me if I wanted to keep her company, I said yes and we went out for a walk. The rest is, as they say, history.

Well that was a few yeras back now. She took the initiative. I consider myself rather lucky since I usually is rather terrible with relationships and such. :p

this is a typical story that happens many times. The woman does the asking. Seen it loads of times. My brother has mentioned this a few times when I have asked him how he met his latest girlfriend.

The guy get 'chosen' and he just goes along with it unless he makes a mess of it. It's happened to me twice in my life. That's it. I wasn't interested either time. I knew what was going on. One woman had learning difficulties and while she was a nice person I didn't want a relationship with her, the other was a nutcase.

It's never happened since (both of those happened years ago !)

Latest posts

Back