Do you tend to Overthink?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you tend to Overthink?

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Ak5

Reaction score
Do you overthink things? Anything relating to social relationships, friends, regular people, a girlfriend/boyfriend, etc.?

I know I do. My mind goes racing through all the possibilities, what to say, should I smile? laugh? what type of personality does this person have? I also "predict" (I think about all of the possibilities and choose the most logical one) what the person would say in response to something I ask or say.

My mind is always on the move. Problem is getting it to do one thing and pursue that line of thought, instead of going 'ooh shiny' a few minutes later.

most of the time...like if i have an important exam the next day..the brain goes haywire...then when i have nothing to do..the mind just rolls on and on...tsk tsk tsk

Overthinking sucks when...

1) You are in a social situaton.

2) You want to do something but you can't decide and it takes too long.

Those are the worst...

I think overthinking is more of a problem for us the introverted. Outgoing people tend to think as they speak to others.

YES YES YES!!! How do I make it stop?!?!?! Every time anything at all happens, I cant help but think of all the (mostly negative) possibilities, its driving me ******* nuts, sometimes Id prefer to be a crazy with a voice in my head over this -___-

I agree...it seems like forever to make it stop. Especially the negative thoughts.Make it really hard to calm myself down.

I tend to overthink, especially when I've got a lot of energy. That's why I try to tire myself out, life gets simpler then. :)

Yup I do. I'm always looking for what people are thinking/feeling, and I can be dead-on a lot of the times as well. It's a gift and a curse...

Yeah. I Over think mostly all time. It will be to the point where I over-exaggerate situations. Sometimes it keeps me up at night...

Latest posts

Back