Do you think about what others think of you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Van Hooligan said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Oh my, are those charmers..:p

#14 on my 'things to do before i die list': Successfully read a whole post by Lonesome Crow'

took awhile but i was patient enough to wait until he didn't write 50 lines. :) thank u lol

lol

I do sometimes wonder what ppl think of me. Most of the time I don't. Then sometimes I really worry about what certain ppl think of me. It has been a problem.

ambientspark said:
Van Hooligan said:
Lonesome Crow said:

#14 on my 'things to do before i die list': Successfully read a whole post by Lonesome Crow'

took awhile but i was patient enough to wait until he didn't write 50 lines. :) thank u lol

Hee hee... apparently, bewbs are the answer.

VAn, I want to be your #1 :(

Yes...Ambeint, Boobs can bring world peace or dominations...whichever you prefer :)

Lonesome Crow said:
ambientspark said:
Van Hooligan said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Yes...Ambeint, Boobs can bring world peace or dominations...whichever you prefer :)

#1 on the list:
get laid
#2 on the list:
once properly 'laid' ask the girl to make me a sandwitch, hopefully she'll either make me 1 or think im joking...instead of grabbing my balls and squeezing.
#3 on the list:
take out ball insurance but #2 occurs

*END OF THE LIST IS*
#94 on the list:
successfully do something or other
#95 on the list:
understand what the hell #94 means
#96 on the list:
steal ladies underwear
#97 on the list:
go into ladies underwear buisness
#98 on the list:
???
#99 on the list:
profit
#100 on the list:
finish all 101 items on your list

and then it ends there :D

SO BE THANKFUL YOUR 14TH!!!

also i must agree about the bewb comments, they are a wonderful place that must have a day named after them, i propose september 12th, national bewb day, because i think americans could do with a happy holiday after the 11th day

Van Hooligan said:
Lonesome Crow said:
ambientspark said:
Van Hooligan said:
Lonesome Crow said:

#1 on the list:
get laid
#2 on the list:
once properly 'laid' ask the girl to make me a sandwitch, hopefully she'll either make me 1 or think im joking...instead of grabbing my balls and squeezing.
#3 on the list:
take out ball insurance but #2 occurs

*END OF THE LIST IS*
#94 on the list:
successfully do something or other
#95 on the list:
understand what the hell #94 means
#96 on the list:
steal ladies underwear
#97 on the list:
go into ladies underwear buisness
#98 on the list:
???
#99 on the list:
profit
#100 on the list:
finish all 101 items on your list

and then it ends there :D

SO BE THANKFUL YOUR 14TH!!!

also i must agree about the bewb comments, they are a wonderful place that must have a day named after them, i propose september 12th, national bewb day, because i think americans could do with a happy holiday after the 11th day

Fine....Be that way then.
Just becuase i don't have a nice sets of boobs ...you're not going
to have sex wit me...so i can be you're #1. :(

What if I promise I won't cheat on you...
Would that help ?
No wait...What if i promise,..I won't let you know I cheated on you.

spuzzwink said:
catwixen said:
If I can let go of these "projection" thoughts, my anxiety usually decreases.

Do you have any methods of letting the thoughts go? Sometimes I'm so consumed with worry about what other people are thinking about me, I can't concentrate on anything else! Like if someone asks me a question which requires some calculation, I become really flustered and can't think about the question because I'm so busy thinking "they must think I'm really stupid for taking this long", and I just take even longer to answer! This was a real problem for me in school and I remember dreading being asked a question, no matter how simple.

That is exactly how I feel.I am incapable of finding an answer to even the simplest question when people ask me something.It's because I am so anxious all the time when I'm out.Every time I go out, when I come back I'm mentally exhausted.I do a good job of looking confident most of the time but inside I'm just constantly worrying.I see other girls and I automatically feel bad because I aren't as skinny or my hair isn't as nice or it could be absolutely anything.I just don't feel good enough and I feel like I shouldn't be there.

So yeah I can totally relate to constantly worrying about whatever everyone else is thinking about me.It takes up most of my life and I haven't found a way to just switch off yet.

AimeeLou84 said:
That is exactly how I feel.I am incapable of finding an answer to even the simplest question when people ask me something.It's because I am so anxious all the time when I'm out.Every time I go out, when I come back I'm mentally exhausted.I do a good job of looking confident most of the time but inside I'm just constantly worrying.I see other girls and I automatically feel bad because I aren't as skinny or my hair isn't as nice or it could be absolutely anything.I just don't feel good enough and I feel like I shouldn't be there.

So yeah I can totally relate to constantly worrying about whatever everyone else is thinking about me.It takes up most of my life and I haven't found a way to just switch off yet.

It's so inhibiting! But it's difficult to take a leap of faith and say something when you don't know what people's reaction will be. I think the first step is to realise that virtually everybody, including those who seem confident, say the wrong thing or make jokes that no-one gets and they fall flat. One of my big problems is that when I'm embarrassed, even a little bit worried about people thinking I might be embarrassed, I go bright crimson. Knowing I'm likely to do that makes me wary about being open with people, or joking about things, or looking like an idiot. So instead I just avoid the awkwardness and stay quiet.

Yeah I really don't pay attention to the thoughts of others. There's alwaus gonna be some ******* that doesn't think your hair looks good or thinks your shoes look stupid. You just gotta let it slide off ya, can't waste too much time on those knid of people. But I do think about what people think of me on a personality level, I don't like it when people think I'm an *******.

It depends on my general mental state. If I'm edging toward manic, then I tend to be paranoid and and can obsess over what people think to a disturbing degree.

If I'm fairly balanced, then I don't give a honeysuckle what anyone thinks.

If I'm spiraling downward, then I also don't really care, but that's because I have bigger fish to fry, like finding hte will to get up in the morning.

I used to worry about what other think of me, now not so much. I can't remember what happened that caused that change, but I'm glad it happened. :D

catwixen said:
I do this quite often...sort of imagine what others are thinking of me. If I catch myself doing this I try to challenge it. I do not think it is healthy. Especially when I am imposing my beliefs on what another might be thinking of me.
If I can let go of these "projection" thoughts, my anxiety usually decreases.
I would really like to know if this is common for people who are shy and have anxieties.
Do you do it too? How do you handle it?
Thanx :)
cat

Yeah, I do. I'm self-concious about coming across creepy to girls, a pussy to boys, and a homeschool kid (which i never was) to adults. I know alot of these fears are irrational. your name's Cat btw?

well I am a classic for doing other peoples thinking for them. It is crippling at times and 99% of the time serves no usefull purpose. People will think what ever they like and editing what I say to them is not going to do anything other than make me seem wishy washy.
Worse still, the filter I use in my mind in order for me to say something as bland an unoffensive as possible works at lightning speed, even so the conversation has usually moved on by the time I have thought of the least contraversial/upsetting thing to say. This is why I suck in group situations as my mind has to consider what all the people may think!! Then if it is a group situation and I don't know anyone then I cant say anything hardly ever as the likely hood of upsetting someone is to high.
All this goes back to being the child of an alcaholic where my number one coping mechanizim was to anticipate my fathers moods, fearing a rage outburst from him I would try to mould myself to whatever I thought was appropriate and least offensive.
I have had periods where I deliberately turn off the mechanizm by engaging my mouth before my brain. It has been fun sometimes but I do have to live with the consequenses of my mind torturing me about what people think about me for months after. Generally I try not to do it so much.
The other down side I have noticed about this pattern of behaviour is I am left disliking many people as I can not/will not be honest with them so I end up gossiping about people on account of my cowardice. I hate myself even more then as I judge them so I judge myself.
I feel down today with it all. Worst of all is I run my own business and employ fifteen people. It is exhausting when thngs are not going well and I need to be honest and confront people. To thy own self be true is one of the hardest things to do especialy when your own heart is being decietfull.
I love ~God though and hope that this will be enough to learn to love myself in a good way. Thanks for what you all have said I truly feel lighter in the heart now :)

Yea,often.Can't help it.Sometimes when I'm totally pissed,however,I don't give a **** what anybody thinks.Screw the whole world x( .

Sadly I think I worry about what others think of me too much. I hate the whole idea of being judged by total strangers. I wish I didn't care and I try not to but I do...which in reality is totally irrational. Because those people mean nothing.

So rare for me to worry about the opinion of somebody else. I mean, it matters if it's somebody I really care about, like close friends or something. Other than that, screw them.

nerdygirl said:
So rare for me to worry about the opinion of somebody else. I mean, it matters if it's somebody I really care about, like close friends or something. Other than that, screw them.

Yeah! Totally agree with that.

I stress out over what people think. A lot. Try not to show it or admit to it, but I can't help it. Then there's the matter of what I think of myself...

nerdygirl said:

Yea, Seriously. If people are actually taking forth the effort of thinking negatively about you, then let them dwell in such negativity. Obviously something is going on in their life that is not so enjoyable, so they need to come up with ways to make themselves feel better. Usually putting down other people fits this criteria. Just be glad you arent them. :)

Latest posts

Back