Do You Think God Is Out To Get You? Punishing You?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
blackhole said:
it's funny, because statements like "Meh, there is no God. Man created God." may be the way a person feels, but they are also intended to deliver a sucker-punch to the faithful with their dismissive/antagonistic tone.

Funny.

That sounds kinda like the, "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE PAINFULLY IN HELL FIRE" sucker punch that the "faithful" often deliver to those who do not believe in God/Christianity.

right.

which is exactly why i said in an earlier post...

your belief (in absolute certainty) that there is no god,

is

just as preposterous as someone else's belief (in absolute certainty) that there is.

both are fanaticism.

CERTAINTY is fanaticism, when it applies to things you do not know.

which is also why i said that i am, by definition, a hopeful agnostic.

i admit that i don't know.

and i don't claim to know honeysuckle.

everybody else is just full of honeysuckle.

my only problem is people who are disrespectful and antagonistic.

and by the way, i have heard several pscychiatric experts over the years say that when someone expresses a crisis of faith, the very LAST thing you should do is call their faith or belief in god into question.

it's not your right or place to do that.

the original poster was having a sort of faith crisis.

say i came in and said "duh, that's because you have to follow jesus christ or you are damned"

it's no different than teresa saying "meh, there is no god"

which in a way is prosyletizing athiesm during a faith crisis.

it is what it is.

she wanted to advertise her brand of fanaticism.

Blackhole,
Your posts put a smile on my face & I don't mean that in a negative way. After a lifetime of being a wallflower and being milder than generic vanilla ice cream, being called obnoxious and a fanatic is refreshing. I like it. :)

Teresa

after a lifetime of being a wallflower and vanilla, and then swinging to antagonistic and bitter, i hope that you will recalibrate and find your center somewhere in the middle...

good luck ;)

regardless of how cute you think it was, you were still rudely pushing your beliefs in a thread that, if i may remind you, was NOT called "do you believe in god?"

"Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

We better keep listening to what the big man says....I think this is something everyone can agree with. :D

Latest posts

Back