Do You Think That You Would Make A Good Cop?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I don't think that I would. If someone I was dealing with spit in my face or something, I don't think that I could keep my cool. Especially if it was a drunk. What about you?

Well I'm pretty tolerant of people for one. I also try to do what's right and be fair to others. But If anything goes crazy, like say a shootout or a car chase, I'm not sure If I can keep cool or be able to step to the plate.

No, being a policeman requires extrovert skills such as dealing with informers, co-workers, suspects... I'm definetly no good for that.

Maybe I'd be good in the forensic department, working in crime scenes, kind of like "Dexter".

No chance in hell. They wouldn't even let me graduate from the academy. I have zero tolerance. Not really much patience & I get shorty when I don't want to deal with certain people. And I'm a hot head.

idk.

i have mixed feelings on this.

i've wanted to become a cop for a long time. the only reason i haven't gone through the academy is because all of the cutbacks. i can't imagine putting my life on the line for an insecure work environment, a shitty benefits package, and a salary slightly larger than a manager at the local subway restaurant.

beyond that, i'd make a good cop because i was a criminal. i think like a criminal. i know how criminals think. if there's a bad actor in the crowd, i can pick him out. if there is a drug deal going down, i spot it. if there is danger approaching, i know it.

my only issue would be drawing the line between "law enforcement" and "due process". lol

i know in certain situations, i would be HIGHLY tempted to take matters into my own hands.

Sure, although I'm pretty certain I'd be the "bad cop" in most situations. I usually am.

I guess it depends on the job. My dad was a deputy sheriff for 10 years working in prisons, patrolling the streets and finally teaching children. He never had to shoot anyone. He was good at deescalating situations. Once a big guy threatened to beat my dad up at a traffic wreck. My dad said, "I'm sure it would hurt too." The guy laughed and walked away.

I'm 5 foot tall and 100 lbs. Do you really think people would take me seriously? Lol

Nope.. I'd be walking over to a person's car trying to be all srs bzness and then burst out laughing. And yeah.. I'd get laughed at also... being small.

This would level the playing field.

77060.jpg

LK you also have to do take down manuevers. Guns are used by cops as a last resort if they feel their life is in danger.

Latest posts

Back