Do you use online dating and chat applications to kill some time ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried many applications before in the hopes of making new friends online , but most of them have lots of restrictions and are very expensive to use .

This one looked nice , It has lots of members , all of the them very active .

I might try OkCupid soon just to see what it offers .
Friends for free? I failed, yet, online interactions served me to get some of them I have enjoyed. However, it´s enough! If I needed them, I need them next door, not out of my reach.

Don't have money to spend on that kind of stuff which is why I stick to free ones, such as here.
If I want to pass the time, I'll play xbox or jerk off. If I want to meet someone, I'll go for a beer.
Distance is also always an issue, so it's rather ungainly.

I am on hobby related forums, but forums are quiet due to many hobby groups on social media.

I tried one app for free, it seemed useless and it wanted my phone number, I was going to change the number so tried.

I'm even not sure what exactly is online dating and how is it supposed to work. It's a little bit weird, IMO.

But I like forum and also use a pepnpal service sometimes, get a few penfriends.

And I don't really have time I need to kill)

Have tried many. Many, many, many, including ones already mentioned here like OkCupid. None of them have been any good. When someone does respond, they are always just scammers spinning the same old lines .. often word for word .. or they are just trying to promote their Instagram, Snapchat, or webcam site. All after money anyway.
I agree...I have used dating sites and forums for company at times, have made a couple of friends , the only only one I dated was a crazy narcissist , and sadly not seeing the signs I was really hurt by him...so now once in a blue moon I'll join some group to chat, for a short time, but I never get involved...

I once signed up for a dating site. I actually found it to be very insightful into the psychology of others, and I used to pass the time reading people's profiles. It seemed to be like looking into a window of people's lives.

It was interesting to see what people identified with, what they wrote about themselves, what they seek in others. Some of it was depressing. Some of it was interesting. Overall, I think I enjoyed viewing people's profiles more than I enjoyed talking to the few people that I eventually interacted with.

I once signed up for a dating site. I actually found it to be very insightful into the psychology of others, and I used to pass the time reading people's profiles. It seemed to be like looking into a window of people's lives.

It was interesting to see what people identified with, what they wrote about themselves, what they seek in others. Some of it was depressing. Some of it was interesting. Overall, I think I enjoyed viewing people's profiles more than I enjoyed talking to the few people that I eventually interacted with.
that's a great way to view it...I did that at times, very rarely contacted anyone first....I found most of the profiles of men my age to be really built up with BS.....they couldn;t possible all have the same interests and lives....I also learned how to spot a scammer reading the first couple of lines in the profile..

Latest posts

Back