Does anyone else do this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wailun

Reaction score
Here's a 2 part question:

Thing #1

Has anyone ever had like something they really wanted to say but can't really say it or tell anyone else about. Then when you have the time, you imagine you're in a situation with the person you want to talk to, or just someone random, and then you say evrything that's on your mind and then for some reason it actually feels good, even though it was all in your mind?

Thing #2

This is similar to #1 in a way. Once in a few months, I get these days where I feel so depressed and not motivated to do anything I just stay in myroom for most of the day. Then I keep my room all dark, put on some depressing music, crawl into fetal position in bed hugging my pillow and imagine I'm in a situation where I'm talking to someone about my most insecure feelings. Often I end up bursting in tears for a few minutes. But afterwards it feel like I the sad feeling is gone.

Does anyone else do these things?

YUP,

To my own opinion of how I experienced this and tried understanding myself better. The sadness (crying) that I experienced served as a "healing" method in a way.

As for the first, If you can imagen talking to the person. Convincing yourself that you actually did express your thoughts to him/her, without any physical representation of that person in front of you. Then wow, I'm impressed :) I guess the next best thing anyone else could do to experience this kind of situation is actually dreaming about it.

Ya I tottally do thing #2 alot

the feeling of complete apathy and emptyness I am well familiar with

I would take naps or sleep well into the evening, just to escape time, to avoid being conscious as much as possible

*hugs*

Yeah i've thought about telling a friend about my anxieties and depression several times lately.
It would explain why I wasn't social for a long time, and why we didn't hang out often. It wasn't cause I was ignoring him, or didn't want to be with him.
Anyways, maybe one of these days.

And the second one, yeah many days I just feel like turning off the world. So I do something like watch television so I don't have to think. So I can escape from my problems.
But unfortunately, i'm come to realize that . . as hard as you try to run away or forget your problems, you'll always end back facing them head on. You just gotta overcome them. It's easy to say, much harder to do.

I wish you the best of luck,

Hi-
I think everyone does #1 and plays out conversations in their head. I think that's what makes us human. It's normal and helps us to make sense of the world.
As for curling up by myself alone and crying, I've done that too, although it's been awhile. I'm almost never ever physically alone - that's what happens when you're a single parent of a 4 year old. I also feel like I'm responsible for taking care of my emotional self for my child because she deserves a mother that's healthy in every way. But yeah, I've been there too.

Teresa

I do both, but I'm too much of a realist to feel better after crying. The problem is still there for me and crying doesn't make it go away.

#1...yes I occasionally run those kinds of converstations through my head.

#2...did it a couple of weeks ago...except I cant make my appartment that dark......and not neccesarrily the fetal position...definately hugged a pillow....and actually did e-mailed someone about what was going on....and I'm too manly to cry (i'm lying..I did).....and actually, thanks to a couple of good friends I did feel better

I have done #1. I don't imagine real people. Just.. fantasy people. :) And they talk back. lol. (i imagine that they talk back.)

But not so much anymore.. in fact i almost forgot that i did.

I never did it to such a degree as #2.

Nowdays i write tons on the computer to deal with thoughts or emotions. Or i talk to myself. :)

Latest posts

Back