Does anyone here feel like a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ThisSideOfTheRainbow said:
Have you ever dealt with so much rejection, either from people, jobs, applying for jobs, relationships, family, friends, whatever, that after a while you start to convince yourself that you are just invisible and not wanted? That there must be something wrong with you? That in fact you may be cursed, because no matter how hard you try, no matter how much extra mile you go, that nobody gives a honeysuckle?

I'm tired of this cold world. I'm tired of people's apathy. I'm tired of shitty circumstances.

I used to believe so much in myself. I used to be convinced I could manifest my destiny and draw to myself the things I wanted and needed in life. The power of intention. The law of attraction. Not anymore. I just feel burned out. My entire faith has been shattered. It's hard to believe in a world where you keep trying, you keep sending out hope, but nothing ever comes back to you. It's hard to believe in a God/universe that never answers your prayers...

Any thoughts?

I feel the same way OP.
even to the last part, the feeling sucks the life out of me.

Once again.....

vutnpx.jpg

WildernessWildChild said:
Once again.....

vutnpx.jpg

So WWC - why do you keep coming back to this posting if it bothers you so much? I completely agree with your point of view by the way, this whole thread seems utterly self-defeating and offers absolutely nothing positive other than a place to whine and cry with other like-minded people (if that can be considered positive?)

Up until today, I hadn't even bothered reading it - with a title 'Does anybody here feel like a loser?' I figured it would pretty much be nothing but pissing and moaning, which it is. So why not let just let those who seem to get something out it (a skewed sense of comraderie, maybe? OK...all losers, line up here!) go to it, and just ignore it?

ringwood said:
Once again.....

vutnpx.jpg

So WWC - why do you keep coming back to this posting if it bothers you so much? I completely agree with your point of view by the way, this whole thread seems utterly self-defeating and offers absolutely nothing positive other than a place to whine and cry with other like-minded people (if that can be considered positive?)

Up until today, I hadn't even bothered reading it - with a title 'Does anybody here feel like a loser?' I figured it would pretty much be nothing but pissing and moaning, which it is. So why not let just let those who seem to get something out it (a skewed sense of comraderie, maybe? OK...all losers, line up here!) go to it, and just ignore it?

Because it troubles me to see people give themselves the dirty beats when there's already enough going around....I know my 'go for it' philosophy is really simple Ringwood but it's what I do- I have few regrets about it and even if it goes to honeysuckle I can say I tried. I was on the edge of my dock at Moyie this morning thinking "do I or don't I"- if I didn't try I would've wondered all day what it would've been like, as it turned out I discovered my falsetto voice but at least I made the effort- I tried!! And I'm gonna do it again tonight when I have a bonfire simply because I refuse to give up....that or I've banged my head a few too many times :D

I feel like I still struggle to experience things that come oh so naturally to people. Aside from that aspect of myself, I don't tend to think I'm a loser -- only when a bad mood hits.

ringwood said:
Once again.....

vutnpx.jpg

Because it troubles me to see people give themselves the dirty beats when there's already enough going around....I know my 'go for it' philosophy is really simple Ringwood but it's what I do- I have few regrets about it and even if it goes to honeysuckle I can say I tried. I was on the edge of my dock at Moyie this morning thinking "do I or don't I"- if I didn't try I would've wondered all day what it would've been like, as it turned out I discovered my falsetto voice but at least I made the effort- I tried!! And I'm gonna do it again tonight when I have a bonfire simply because I refuse to give up....that or I've banged my head a few too many times :D

This is the wrong place to expect everybody to be happy !

Triple Bogey said:
ringwood said:
Once again.....

vutnpx.jpg

Everywhere is the wrong place to expect anything from anybody.
HOWEVER, it doesn't do anyone any good to wallow in self-pity, which I believe is what WWC is trying to point out.

Triple Bogey said:

You've missed the point- I don't really have an expectation other than the hope people make some kind of attempt to stop putting themselves down. The self-declaration of 'loser' is setting the bar very low, thinking of oneself that way is incredibly defeating. I'm not an advocate of narcissism either....finding a healthy balance between the two extremes makes life so much richer and enjoyable.

I consider myself more cursed than a loser.

But, let us reflect that all wealth, success, fame, and power in this world is fleeting.

I think if somebody wants to have a moan about their life then let them. This is the place.
Some people have nothing going for them. Their life is utter misery. Saying 'cheer up' is just stupid.
My life in my early 20's (before the internet) was awful. Nothing went for me, couldn't get a job, couldn't meet a woman, people who met me took the piss all the time.
I know what's it like.

Triple Bogey said:
I think if somebody wants to have a moan about their life then let them. This is the place.
Some people have nothing going for them. Their life is utter misery. Saying 'cheer up' is just stupid.
My life in my early 20's (before the internet) was awful. Nothing went for me, couldn't get a job, couldn't meet a woman, people who met me took the piss all the time.
I know what's it like.

LOL, my life is no cakewalk....

Yes because I got my assignment in late. Another all-nighter.

Low discipline, can't work to a target, endless distractions. Useless.

But on the plus side the house is a lot cleaner.

can't feel like a loser now, too much to do, it is postponed till next week

I sometimes think I'm a loser. I'm 42, no family or friends, no job, don't drive, can't have kids. However, I do have a loving husband, a nice home in a good area and a gorgeous dog, so maybe I'm not a loser at all.

ThisSideOfTheRainbow said:
Have you ever dealt with so much rejection, either from people, jobs, applying for jobs, relationships, family, friends, whatever, that after a while you start to convince yourself that you are just invisible and not wanted? That there must be something wrong with you? That in fact you may be cursed, because no matter how hard you try, no matter how much extra mile you go, that nobody gives a honeysuckle?

I'm tired of this cold world. I'm tired of people's apathy. I'm tired of shitty circumstances.

I used to believe so much in myself. I used to be convinced I could manifest my destiny and draw to myself the things I wanted and needed in life. The power of intention. The law of attraction. Not anymore. I just feel burned out. My entire faith has been shattered. It's hard to believe in a world where you keep trying, you keep sending out hope, but nothing ever comes back to you. It's hard to believe in a God/universe that never answers your prayers...

Any thoughts?

Necropost alert. You probably aren't coming back to the forum and I"m much aware of that but I felt the need to write for some reason.

I very much think The Secret is a bunch of bunk. It makes people feel good and that's why it sells. It doesn't actually work.

The rest of it, I could've written myself though I have felt myself heal lately from my own wounds of bitterness. I feel better. Sometimes forgiveness works.

So true, Sophia. Though it requires so much power and, yes, courage as well ...but probably it's the only way. The Dalai Lama once said "the true change is never around us, it can only be inside of ourselves". Hugs..

Latest posts

Back