Does anyone here feel like a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah often, I feel like there is a wall preventing me from what I want in life and it just won't shatter no matter what. Sometimes it makes the progress I achieve in anything else feel almost moot. Somehow I have to shatter this wall once and for all and it really needs to happen in 2016.

Whenever I feel this way, I remember that I have pulled myself out from my lowest point in life, and survived some honeysuckle, so I know that I CAN get what I go for if I try.

But its difficult given my circumstances, and there is fear of failure. By "failure" I mean reaching that point where efforts are worthless, or giving up. I won't fear the latter, at least not yet.

Paraiyar said:
Yeah often, I feel like there is a wall preventing me from what I want in life and it just won't shatter no matter what. Sometimes it makes the progress I achieve in anything else feel almost moot. Somehow I have to shatter this wall once and for all and it really needs to happen in 2016.

I've felt the same way for a long time now. I also feel a sense of urgency because I'm turning 30 this year. I feel like if I don't start changing myself this year, then I never will.

I'm very afraid I'll never have the strength, skill, intelligence, and creativity to bust through or climb over the wall. I know it's this fear that saps all of those things. It's a cycle.

Also, Valentine's Day in particular really brings out the loser feelings in me. But that too is a cycle. Feeling like a loser and the fear of being permanently single only builds the wall of singledom even higher. I know this. I might know how to scale it or break through it, intellectually. But I just wish I could feel good enough.

No. I don't feel like a loser.

At least not anymore. I used to when I was younger. It took some time to get over it.

See, no one is a loser. Not a single person here or anywhere in the world. Humanity in it's meaning doesn't include that in the language of its very being in existence.

I can't assess everyone in the thread so I can only assess myself. When I look in the mirror today I don't see a loser. I see opportunity. I realize that I am unique and that no one in the world will be me or will ever feel or think the way that I do. That makes me special and again, unique. That in itself means that I can never be a loser.

Every day I stretch out to make myself a better person and to learn things I have never done before. I know how to do things that others do not. Such as making my own bow and arrows, to being able to build a fire from rubbing sticks together. Are these super important things today? maybe not. But, I don't know anyone in my friends list that can do those things. Does that make them the losers? No. Just makes me a potential teacher to them.

Soon as you realize that you are unique and that no one will ever be like you the closer you get to realizing that you are not a loser. You are simply different and you know different things than others know. Some will know more than you and I and we will know things that others will not. It's that simple.

Know who you are. Feel it. Smell it. Show it. You are all different and unique in your own ways. Don't compare what you have in life to what others have in life as they are unique as well. If you want what others have then make yourself better instead of sitting around complaining about it. (just a thought as I'm not attacking anyone)

Lots of sadness in the thread which is never good to hear.

To the question of the thread, yes :( I'm a looser because however hard I try, I always mess things up :(

I know how it feel and i think law of attraction works for sure but as me i think you have a negative paradigm that holding you back from taking what you deserve on life .I know its hard and maybe you are tired of this wod but never give up come back in fight

Most of my life I've felt like a looser. But then I look back and realize socially and mentally I was far ahead than my peers at school with the honeysuckle I had to deal with on a daily basis matured me very fast. My friends would always talk about cars and girls and wrestlers. I wanted to talk about politics and history. So it was difficult connecting with people.

I can definitely relate with the first post, after trying for so long you just burn out and accept your lot in life, no matter how bad it is.

I used to belive in myself but since i had a relationship with a narcissistic i let him take all my selfconfidence.

I know how you feel everyone in life had these moments and this world its too bad and too cold how you said .But as hard it can be you must wake up from the ground and fght for life .Sometimes people are so bad that they enjoy when they see you at ground

Yeah man I just think I'm gonna die at some point, why am I scared to approach people and start interaction. Sometimes I've had dreams of going to prison and I know I can't escape, and I look up to the sky in the dreams, and think "fresia me this is amazing"...

This is something I use as a drive to get better, I'd hope others can take this on but I suppose most have given up, fresia giving up man...

Hey man, I'm with you!!! fresia, nothing works, ever!!! I was strong and now after getting up so many times I wonder if I should just lay down. I'm still strong fit and I'm ok looking but no one cares, so what's the point? I'm there if you want to talk or just hit out. Best of luck my friend!

A "loser"... I dunno. More like I feel like I've lost the past 20 years or so. I had plans for my life, and very little of those came to fruition.

OK, yeah, I feel like a loser.

This year, I'm feeling it less than ever. Even if my luck with girls hasn't changed as of yet, I've done a lot to improve myself this year, especially in the last few months. Also have a possible plan for the future but we'll have to see.

Starting to feel more and more a loser.
As the years go by nothing changes in my life.

Watching cousins you used to "baby sit" have kids, get married, move away etc weighs heavy on my shoulders.
Ever growing pressure from parents etc to "find someone" and raise a family.

When I'm on a train /bus people avoid sitting next to me, like I'm a hideous or something.
I get the same response on dating websites.

I work really hard at my job, often long hours and considering the input low pay and no recognition because its not a "sexy" job.
I don't have any friends and no hobbies or dreams at this point.
So nothing positive in my like, all negative.

Latest posts

Back